Weekly overreactions Topic

From week 1:
Ohio State is unbeatable.
Stanford sucks.
Gonna be Notre Dame's year.
B10 and PAC12 suck.
TCU isn't as good as you think.
9/8/2015 8:53 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
TCU isn't that good....or Minnesota is?

9/8/2015 9:34 AM
I haven't hear anyone say Ohio State is unbeatable, but there is a reason they were the 1st unanimous #1 in AP poll history and are favored by at least 2 touchdowns in every game.  That said, they should cruise into the Michigan St. game on November 21st, which is at home in part because Minnesota and Penn St. are also at home.  They do go to Michigan the week after MSU.  I would think those two games against the Michigan's would be the slip up points (if it happens at all).   I wouldn't expect Wisconsin, Minnesota, or Nebraska (or some other team from the West) to be any real challenge for OSU in the Big Ten title game (if they don't slip up somewhere).
9/8/2015 1:16 PM
I guess we don't watch the same CFB shows. 
9/8/2015 3:09 PM
OSU is unbeatable......with the schedule they have this season

they will be one of the four and then we will find out their real story
9/9/2015 6:38 AM
substitute mediocre in place of sucks and you have correctly tabbed Stanford, the Big 10, and the Pac 12.....the Irish win says more about the state of Texas football than it does anything else.....TCU will be fine

the SEC has a ton of very good teams, but much like last year I am not so sure they have 1 truly great one.....until next years Tennessee team, anyways
9/9/2015 6:44 AM
Yes, I believe whenever it is used by me, it is correct
9/9/2015 7:48 AM
I think Ohio State will be in the playoffs. Probably undefeated. Even if they do have a bad game, they’ll still make it in with one loss. They looked pretty good against VA Tech not counting the second quarter.
9/9/2015 6:37 PM
All quarters count.   But OSU is a seeming lock for the playoffs barring two losses.    The PAC12 and SEC are likely to have 2 loss winners.    If Clemson gets past ND, at home, they have a shot at undefeated in a weak ACC.    If ND wins that one, they have a shot at undefeated.    Unless Baylor/TCU/Oklahoma go into some round robin clusterfuck of W/L thus negating the B12, one of them gets in with 0 or 1 loss.   So, to me, you have an undefeated Clemson/ND, a 0-1 loss B12 team, 0-1 loss OSU and, most likely, a 1-2 loss SEC team.    PAC12 gets shut out this year with several good teams but no very good teams.  

Of course, Clemson/ND could step on their own dicks because both have been known to do that.
9/10/2015 9:48 AM
I'm still maintaining my predictions from the other thread, though ND did look pretty good and might move into that 4th spot.

1. OSU (unbeaten)
2. TCU (unbeaten)
3. Bama (1 loss SEC champ)
4. Mich St. (1 loss)

I think MSU beats Oregon this weekend and only has just the 1 loss at OSU.  I think Oregon ends up winning the Pac 12, but as a result of the loss to MSU is out of the playoffs.  I think the ACC champ has at least 2 losses and I expect ND to screw up a couple of games and end with 2 losses as well.  A 1 loss ND, goes ahead of MSU though (if for no other reason than to avoid the rematch in the playoffs).

9/10/2015 11:50 AM
I find it next to impossible for two Power 5 conference winners to get left out without ND getting in. 
9/10/2015 12:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/10/2015 12:45:00 PM (view original):
I find it next to impossible for two Power 5 conference winners to get left out without ND getting in. 
depends on the conference and the year.

If Oregon is the Pac 12 Champion and has 2 losses including to Michigan St., do you think they go ahead of 1 loss Michigan State?

If the ACC champion has at least 2 losses, do you think they will go ahead of 1 loss Michigan State?

9/10/2015 2:23 PM
1|2|3...44 Next ▸
Weekly overreactions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.