Weekly overreactions Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by kneeneighbor on 11/21/2015 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/21/2015 5:53:00 PM (view original):
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/08/26/college-football-preview-the-toughest-and-easiest-schedules-for-2015/
I would like to see a rule that you cannot make the playoff if you play a team from the lower level.
Generally, it's just bad football but those games are important to the small school.   They get paid around 1m and that is more than they make in their other 11 games.  It allows them to upgrade facilities and grow the program.   If I was King of College Football, I'd allow 1 such game per team in the first three weeks of the season and only against an in state team.
11/21/2015 8:22 PM
11/21/2015 8:27 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/21/2015 8:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kneeneighbor on 11/21/2015 7:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/21/2015 5:53:00 PM (view original):
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/sports/wp/2015/08/26/college-football-preview-the-toughest-and-easiest-schedules-for-2015/
I would like to see a rule that you cannot make the playoff if you play a team from the lower level.
Generally, it's just bad football but those games are important to the small school.   They get paid around 1m and that is more than they make in their other 11 games.  It allows them to upgrade facilities and grow the program.   If I was King of College Football, I'd allow 1 such game per team in the first three weeks of the season and only against an in state team.
I know why they are around. I think you would still get schools who would schedule them knowing they are not national Championship material. Also there are some states who don't have a 1AA school so that would throw a wrench in your plan.

In other news your very first post in this thread is actually very accurate.
11/21/2015 9:11 PM
what a ****** *** game from the Buckeyes?  Barely run with Elliot and yet don't throw the ball against MSU's weaker secondary. 

MSU just opened the door for the Big 12.  OU/Baylor/Okie St. should be sending gift baskets to East Lansing.

OSU and UM lost a lot of luster as well because unless PSU beats MSU the winner will not be playing Iowa.

11/21/2015 10:18 PM (edited)
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/10/2015 9:48:00 AM (view original):
All quarters count.   But OSU is a seeming lock for the playoffs barring two losses.    The PAC12 and SEC are likely to have 2 loss winners.    If Clemson gets past ND, at home, they have a shot at undefeated in a weak ACC.    If ND wins that one, they have a shot at undefeated.    Unless Baylor/TCU/Oklahoma go into some round robin clusterfuck of W/L thus negating the B12, one of them gets in with 0 or 1 loss.   So, to me, you have an undefeated Clemson/ND, a 0-1 loss B12 team, 0-1 loss OSU and, most likely, a 1-2 loss SEC team.    PAC12 gets shut out this year with several good teams but no very good teams.  

Of course, Clemson/ND could step on their own dicks because both have been known to do that.
This wasn't my first post but it was pretty accurate.  Excluding OSU.

Nonetheless, back to FCS vs FBS games, if you don't have an in-state small school, too bad(although I'd need you to tell me which state doesn't).   You don't get to schedule one.   In fact, that might just drive up the payout for states with limited options.   If I were King of CFB, of course.

11/21/2015 10:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/11/2015 8:35:00 AM (view original):

Teams I'm not buying:   Florida, Michigan, Utah. 

Stand by this.
11/21/2015 10:45 PM
Tennessee dominated Florida for 3 and a half quarters. Granted, that is not an entire game and obviously the Vols lost.

However, I have no doubt they were the better team on the field that day. Florida is not a serious contender.
11/21/2015 11:48 PM
Rats abandoning the sinking OSU ship.
11/22/2015 6:13 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Ohio State's first test:  Fail
11/22/2015 8:17 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/21/2015 10:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/10/2015 9:48:00 AM (view original):
All quarters count.   But OSU is a seeming lock for the playoffs barring two losses.    The PAC12 and SEC are likely to have 2 loss winners.    If Clemson gets past ND, at home, they have a shot at undefeated in a weak ACC.    If ND wins that one, they have a shot at undefeated.    Unless Baylor/TCU/Oklahoma go into some round robin clusterfuck of W/L thus negating the B12, one of them gets in with 0 or 1 loss.   So, to me, you have an undefeated Clemson/ND, a 0-1 loss B12 team, 0-1 loss OSU and, most likely, a 1-2 loss SEC team.    PAC12 gets shut out this year with several good teams but no very good teams.  

Of course, Clemson/ND could step on their own dicks because both have been known to do that.
This wasn't my first post but it was pretty accurate.  Excluding OSU.

Nonetheless, back to FCS vs FBS games, if you don't have an in-state small school, too bad(although I'd need you to tell me which state doesn't).   You don't get to schedule one.   In fact, that might just drive up the payout for states with limited options.   If I were King of CFB, of course.

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, New Mexico as a start (36 states have an FCS school) then there are states who have FCS that do not have an FBS school like North and South Dakota, and handful Of schools out in New England.
11/22/2015 10:09 AM
Well, in that case, they just don't get to schedule one.   My point was that it helps the small schools.  I don't really care what it does for the bit schools.
11/22/2015 1:16 PM
T-shirt:   When the going gets tough, Cardale and Zeke get going.   To somewhere else.
11/22/2015 2:08 PM
u has a sadz?

11/22/2015 2:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...31|32|33|34|35...44 Next ▸
Weekly overreactions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.