Weekly overreactions Topic

Clemson
Bama
MSU
ND

Thats if Mayfield doesn't come back.  Otherwise switch ND for OU

I think MSU would have the better resume than Bama, but I think Committe gives Bama the 2 seed and if Clemson doesn't look good down the stretch I easily see the 1 seed going to Bama
11/22/2015 4:16 PM
I'm not sure what's on MSU's resume that even puts them in.    If they win out, I'm pretty sure they're in.   But I don't see anything special about who they beat(or how they beat them).
11/22/2015 4:23 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/22/2015 4:23:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure what's on MSU's resume that even puts them in.    If they win out, I'm pretty sure they're in.   But I don't see anything special about who they beat(or how they beat them).
MSU has
Oregon 9-3/8-4
Air Force will be 9-3
Michigan 10-2/9-3
OSU 11-1/10-2
and Iowa 12-0/11-1

Bama's best wins are
Wisconsin 9-3/8-4
Tamu 9-3/8-4
LSU 8-3/7-4
Miss St 9-3/8-4
UF 11-1/10-2

Clemson has:
ND 11-1/10-2
FSU 10-2/9-3
UNC 11-1/10-2

Notre Dame:
Navy 11-1 to 9-3
USC 8-4/7-5
Temple 10-2/9-3
Pitt 9-3/8-4
Stanford 11-2 to 9-4

Oklahoma has:
West Va 8-4 to 6-6
Baylor 11-1 to 9-3
TCU 10-2 to 9-3
Okie State 10-2

I think it goes: MSU, ND, Bama, Oklahoma, Clemson.  But Clemson is the only undefeated team, ND won't have a conf title, and Oklahoma doesn't have a conference championship game.
11/22/2015 5:00 PM
Oregon was horrible when they beat them(QB injured), Air Force(no, sorry), Michigan(blocked punt as time expired), OSU(last second FG).    Sorry, none of that was special.
11/22/2015 5:12 PM
you can't discredit wins just because of how they were won.  MSU had multiple injuries when they faced oregon as well.  Air Force is probably going to win the MWC still a much better 2nd best non-conf team than the 2nd best non conf teams that Bama Clemson or Oklahoma have.
11/22/2015 6:55 PM
I think I can.   Just winning isn't good enough.   Clemson's win over ND is suspect.    OK's win over TCU(without their two best players) is suspect.   That's why the committee was created and the BCS was trashed. 

As I pointed out earlier in this thread, Bama has the 3rd toughest schedule before the season started.   OSU had the easiest.   I don't care all that much about non-con.

11/22/2015 7:04 PM
pre season sos is **** since it is only a projection the majority of those "tough" sec teams Bama has played are actually pretty crappy.
11/23/2015 7:01 AM
I would ask who the "best" team Alabama actually beat was, but I'm sure I'd get some ridiculous answer like "Every team in the SEC is better than any team outside it.". (Was it 3-loss LSU, who has looked like sheit and is on the verge of getting their coach fired?)
Some pretty dumb posts in this Forum at times, but trying to use pre-season SOS to justify anything at this point??? Come on!!!
11/23/2015 8:41 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 11/23/2015 7:01:00 AM (view original):
pre season sos is **** since it is only a projection the majority of those "tough" sec teams Bama has played are actually pretty crappy.
Wisconsin's losses are Bama, Iowa and Northwestern.    If you want to discount B10 teams, OK.

Not sure what to say about Arkansas.  Started terrible but looked better lately.

TAMU's only ooc win was against middle of PAC12 AZ State but it was a win.

TN has been hit/miss but, once they figured out games were 60 minutes instead of 50, they've been pretty good.

The wheels came of in LSU but they were once considered a top team until people figured out they can't pass.

Miss State hasn't played anyone outside of the SEC but they too were considered pretty good at one point.

So I don't know if those "tough" SEC teams are actually pretty crappy because they've won almost all of their out of conference games.  Maybe you see something I didn't.
11/23/2015 9:25 AM
Wow, the SEC has won most of their OOC games, playing FCS and crap Conference schools. Let's reward them. Aside from week 1 wins over NC and Wisc., the best OOC win the entire Conference has is what? Heck, the best team they've even played is who? If they're the best Conference in America, why are they afraid to try to prove it?
11/23/2015 10:12 AM
Pac-12 is the best conference in the nation.

Pac-12 SEC B1G Big 12 ACC AAC MAC
11/24/2015 7:13 AM
They do a poor job of proving it. 

Although, to be fair, I think they have the 2nd best group of athletes behind the SEC.

11/24/2015 8:28 AM
Michigan is a respectable win, but Stanford, Oregon, USC, Arizona St., etc. all lost in the non-con to major conference schools. 
11/24/2015 8:40 AM
Posted by all3 on 11/23/2015 10:12:00 AM (view original):
Wow, the SEC has won most of their OOC games, playing FCS and crap Conference schools. Let's reward them. Aside from week 1 wins over NC and Wisc., the best OOC win the entire Conference has is what? Heck, the best team they've even played is who? If they're the best Conference in America, why are they afraid to try to prove it?
Love when people ignore questions they have no answer for.
Again, the SEC gets tons of the "best" HS players, and MAY be the best Conference, but it's truly pathetic the way they schedule. It shows absolutely nothing about the strength of their teams.
Those teams should not be rewarded for perceived strength, only what was actually shown on the field.
If AAC or MAC teams scheduled nothing but FCS teams for their OOC games, and won most of them should we start saying what a strong Conference they are too?
11/24/2015 9:33 AM
Even that win was before Michigan found their footing as a team.    Teams obviously evolve and I think, if played today, Michigan would win. 

I thought this might be the year that the PAC12's depth proved itself.    That, once past the top 1-2 teams in the SEC/B12/B10, the PAC12 was the most complete conference top to bottom.   I don't think that happened. 

11/24/2015 9:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...32|33|34|35|36...44 Next ▸
Weekly overreactions Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.