I disagree with point #4. I do not believe Fox bought this product because it was profitable. I think they bought it only for the sim engine so that they could simulate and predict real life games. If there is any profit from this game it is miniscule on a spread sheet for a company as large as Fox.
8/4/2016 10:20 AM
Posted by awags on 8/4/2016 10:20:00 AM (view original):
I disagree with point #4. I do not believe Fox bought this product because it was profitable. I think they bought it only for the sim engine so that they could simulate and predict real life games. If there is any profit from this game it is miniscule on a spread sheet for a company as large as Fox.
If it were making a significant amount of money, there'd be a hell of a lot more support for the game. As it is currently, we get an intern during the summer at best. This game has potential. But, relative to a company like Fox, there are far better options for investment that maximize their core business and generate greater returns. Like awags eluded to... Far more reasonable explanation for why they bought the game is to acquire a simulator for their sports media content. We customers of this game represent a way of merely offsetting the costs of maintaining the infrastructure.
8/10/2016 5:37 AM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.