java help needed Topic

Posted by koya on 10/22/2015 9:02:00 PM (view original):
this is really an awful issue.  I literally have about 10-15 friends about to start a league... most would be first time customers to the site.  they have ALL given up because it wont load.
man that sucks

10/23/2015 10:45 AM
koya customer support has contacted you in regards to your issue..check your sitemail
10/23/2015 6:48 PM
I just came back to game after a few years off. Joshkt's  link worked great for me. works on firefox but you have to allow it in 3 different boxes to use. but hey it works. If anyone needs I can walk em through the fix I used. Just shoot me a sitemail.
10/23/2015 10:47 PM
Ok on my make it won't let me install Java 7. It says it is not compatible with the current OS on Mac. Any other thoughts?
11/4/2015 9:43 PM
I had problems after upgrading to "yosemite" (a big mistake). As others have already said, you have to uninstall the current Java and reinstall Java 7, which I think they now call "legacy". I had a game expert/acquaintance do it. One option is get an on line expert, "presto Experts" for example, to do a screen share and do it for you. They charge, of course, in five minute increments , I think. This fix should not take more than ten minutes.
11/5/2015 11:48 AM
Posted by joshkvt on 10/2/2015 2:30:00 PM (view original):
You have to be running Java 7, and set the Security in Java to Medium (whch is actually the lowest setting) and/or add http://live.whatifsports.com to the Exception Site List in Java. You'll get a warning each time you start up Live asking whether you want to accept the risk. It works on my Mac using Safari or Chrome.

Step-by-Step if you have a newer Java version installed. It describes uninstalling Java 7 but works with any newer version.

https://www.ensemble.cms.vt.edu/troubleshooting/java/java-revert-to-previous-version.html

Bump
1/28/2016 8:16 PM
Just rechecking this and sent verynice a message... got a league together but only 16 since we couldn't get live going, and I somehow missed / never received the sitemail.  Either way, any advice appreciated as we are willing to give it another try.
1/29/2016 5:00 PM
admin sent you a sitemail in october..see if you still have it
1/29/2016 5:35 PM
ref ticket number #134071 when submitting a ticket
1/29/2016 5:36 PM
Posted by Yaz_Benders on 1/28/2016 8:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by joshkvt on 10/2/2015 2:30:00 PM (view original):
You have to be running Java 7, and set the Security in Java to Medium (whch is actually the lowest setting) and/or add http://live.whatifsports.com to the Exception Site List in Java. You'll get a warning each time you start up Live asking whether you want to accept the risk. It works on my Mac using Safari or Chrome.

Step-by-Step if you have a newer Java version installed. It describes uninstalling Java 7 but works with any newer version.

https://www.ensemble.cms.vt.edu/troubleshooting/java/java-revert-to-previous-version.html

Bump
thanks
1/29/2016 6:51 PM
This link no longer works and Java 7 is no longer available for download.  What now?
2/10/2016 4:59 PM
Looks like it's time for WIS to either upgrade the Live engine to Java 7 or admit defeat. Java 7 still works on my Mac, but I'm guessing that when I upgrade my OS that will no longer be the case. Since I'm going to have to upgrade my OS in a few weeks for work, I've sent a ticket asking what the plans are.
2/10/2016 8:58 PM
NOT IDEAL
2/11/2016 8:18 AM
That would be an understatement. Bad enough to have an outdated engine. Worse to have one that's been buried — apparently quite effectively — by its creator. If there is a Java 7 download anywhere out there, it's on a site I wouldn't trust. Will post when I get a response from my ticket. I assume the first step will be bumping it up.
2/11/2016 9:30 AM
I think I still have the tarred install files for 7.75 and 7.76 (Windows versions) on my hard drive somewhere.  If by some oversight you didn't delete the install files for the Mac OS (or if anybody else here didn't), presumably you could store those on something and reinstall from that after your OS upgrade.
2/11/2016 1:09 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
java help needed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.