java help needed Topic

Man, you have to create an oracle account? Pass. When will Whatif move away from Java
3/3/2016 11:51 PM
WIS is not going to move away from Java. There aren't close to enough of us to be worth programming the game again. When Java 7 is no longer functional, Live will be left for dead.
4/12/2016 11:34 AM
I was able to get around Apple's attempts to block Java 7. It takes some doing on a Mac but Apple has posted a way to do it and Oracle is making Java 7 available still. I still ended up stuck on a white screen, but eventually figured out that in addition to changing the Java security settings to allow live.whatifsports.com as an exception I also had to go into Safari's security settings and check a box saying I wanted to run live.whatifsports.com in "an unsafe mode."
4/12/2016 11:39 AM
Hello,
I am getting the same error too, I made sure to download Java version 7, I have activated the add-ons on internet explorer, made sure scripting was enabled for internet explorer. Uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times, made sure the box was checked for 'enable java on browsers' in the java control panel, I've tried it on IE, Firefox, and Edge. Also have tried this on two different computers, when I have java version 8 installed it looks like it will work but then it just goes to a white screen, if I have java version 7 installed I get this message when I try to launch whatifsports play live

"Your browser does not support java applets, or java is not enabled."

I'm really unsure as to what else I can try, does anyone have an idea?
4/30/2016 8:52 PM
I have a new PC by necessity (believe me, I used the old one for 6 years to the bitter end till it stopped functioning at all), have Java 7.79 using the instructions 06gsp gave me, but I am blocked from using it. What next?
5/2/2016 6:48 PM
Might not be relevant for PC, but on my Mac when I upgraded OS the last step I had to do — a new one — was within the browser I use (Safari) I had to specify security exceptions for live.whatifsports.com even though I had already done that in the Java control panel. Good luck.
5/2/2016 7:11 PM
In. Thank you, Josh.
5/2/2016 9:21 PM
yea josh is right. Firefox is the only one that will work on win7.
5/2/2016 10:00 PM
I don't post a lot, but I'll chime in with what worked for me. I've basically tried every single step mentioned above and have now spent 5+ hours on this. I finally got it working on my PC. It kept saying "Your browser does not support java applets, or java is not enabled."

I downloaded an older version of 32-bit Java 7. Update 60 to be exact. http://www.filehorse.com/download-java-runtime-32/17051/ I then did the steps everyone else has suggested by opening "Configure Java". Under Security moving the level to "Medium". Then on the exception site list, adding http://www.whatifsports.com & http://live.whatifsports.com. Now, go to play live. It will say Java(TM) was blocked because it is out of date and needs to be updated. Click on 'Run this time' You will then get a Security Warning. Do you want to run this application? Click the box that says I accept the risk and want to run this app and hit Run.

Now, when I click on play live it loads up right away and I haven't had any problems. I hope this is able to help a couple people. It sure was frustrating. ( **It worked on Internet Explorer and Firefox.

5/2/2016 11:46 PM
I did what you posted oliversmith and it looked like it was going to work but then I just got a white screen after I hit Run. But, I don't even have a "Medium" level under the Security tab, just "Very High" and "HIgh".
5/4/2016 8:29 PM
Are you sure that you have Java7? If you downloaded the link I suggested it should allow you to pick medium. I would go to your add/remove and make sure you don't have a higher java as well. You should only have Java 7, update 60. I've run this on 4 different computers now and it's worked everytime. Keep me updated. I hope you can get it up and working!
5/4/2016 10:56 PM
Posted by cstrohmier on 5/4/2016 8:29:00 PM (view original):
I did what you posted oliversmith and it looked like it was going to work but then I just got a white screen after I hit Run. But, I don't even have a "Medium" level under the Security tab, just "Very High" and "HIgh".
This happened to me this morning so now I have a problem again.
5/6/2016 11:56 AM
I found that Java 8.91 was automatically installed. I uninstalled it. But now of course no one is on to play Live, where there was a half hour ago.
5/6/2016 12:21 PM
Posted by joshkvt on 4/12/2016 11:39:00 AM (view original):
I was able to get around Apple's attempts to block Java 7. It takes some doing on a Mac but Apple has posted a way to do it and Oracle is making Java 7 available still. I still ended up stuck on a white screen, but eventually figured out that in addition to changing the Java security settings to allow live.whatifsports.com as an exception I also had to go into Safari's security settings and check a box saying I wanted to run live.whatifsports.com in "an unsafe mode."
Where can I change the security settings for Java? I know where to do so within Safari but not for Java itself
5/7/2016 9:09 AM
On a Mac, go to the System Preferences and you'll see a Java icon. Click on that, and Java control panel should open in a new window.
5/7/2016 10:06 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
java help needed Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.