Rexruiting changes beginning? Topic

In d1 iba, where I have won 4 of the last 5 national championships, can anyone think of a single reason for this to happen?

2 cycles in,
I have tried to spend around $20k on an UNCOMMITTED RECRUIT. I have offered playing time, calls, scholarship, letters, and around 20 campus visits. Again, I am an A+++ prestige and he is within 360 miles.
And he HAS NOT EVEN REPLIED WITH A SINGLE INBOX RESPONSE!

He obviously isn't considering me. Or anyone else.

In the last 20 seasons, I have gotten every recruit I have wanted.
I have not recruited differently.
And he won't even respond to me.

Any thoughts other than seble hates me because of my recent posts on here.
10/2/2015 11:33 PM
Posted by stewdog on 10/2/2015 11:34:00 PM (view original):
In d1 iba, where I have won 4 of the last 5 national championships, can anyone think of a single reason for this to happen?

2 cycles in,
I have tried to spend around $20k on an UNCOMMITTED RECRUIT. I have offered playing time, calls, scholarship, letters, and around 20 campus visits. Again, I am an A+++ prestige and he is within 360 miles.

is anyone considering anyone? maybe the whole cycle got screwed?
10/2/2015 11:58 PM
All the other players are considering someone. (90%). All the other coaches have people considering them.
I have done nothing differently.
I sent a note to customer support and here was the response:
"It takes 24 hours for a recruit to begin considering you." Which is complete and utter BS.

I am seriously beginning to think I am intentionally getting screwed. He wants to take the big dogs from their high perches! This way they don't have to change the whole engine, lol.
10/3/2015 12:02 AM
Posted by stewdog on 10/3/2015 12:02:00 AM (view original):
All the other players are considering someone. (90%). All the other coaches have people considering them.
"It takes 24 hours for a recruit to begin considering you." Which is complete and utter BS.

I am seriously beginning to think I am intentionally getting screwed. He wants to take the big dogs from their high perches! This way they don't have to change the whole engine, lol.
trust me, i've ****** seble off a lot more over the years than anything you've said could have. i think you are safe on that front.

that answer is obviously BS though, i would push the issue, ask to escalate to seble directly. 

did you do anything funky with redshirting or promises? i had some recruits enter some strange states based on rescinding certain actions back in the day, that caused them to not consider me when they should have. seble changed the game over it though, i don't know of anything left that could cause that. it sounds pretty seriously screwed up. the guy didn't reject all your CVs did he? whats his phone call response? scholarship response? it sounds like a bug. 

im reminded by a situation not long ago, coaching ohio state with jjwarden in smith, or some 1/day world, i am not really sure which, we went after a guy, who wouldn't consider us. he would consider another school of equal prestige, or maybe it was higher/lower, whichever made the best case for a bug being the culprit. i think he was a d2 transfer though or something, or maybe just a d1 juco, but it was mostly about rollover. there was no justification and seble actually gave us like 8k in rollover after the season concluded. in d2/d3, sometimes players are not recruitable at all to coaches in the same division, and nobody has ever figured it out. it sounds very strange, so im guessing its just 1 more bug along the lines of those that have been reported over time and never figured out by seble. i'd try to preserve the rest of your class and see what progress you can make with CS along the way. sucks its a weekend!
10/3/2015 12:24 AM
Stewdog
I'm not as seasoned as many here and I wonder the same thing. I just went through two recruiting season with two teams and had some weird stuff happening. One example I sent a coach call and got a backup message. So I get the drop down email. I wait till the next day deciding if I want to go after him. He is not considering anyone so I send him a SV HV and scholly on signing day. He rejects my home visit. By the way I had more home visits rejected in the recruiting than the entire time I've be playing. Keeps the scholly but not considering me. Next cycle this I think is the 2 pm on signing day I send another HV and he takes it and is considering me. I sign him and a conference mate makes a comment about my stealth recruiting and he spent over 4k on him. I spent less than 1k and never seen him considering another team. No maybe my conference mate if BS'ing me. I also spent almost 3 times scholly in a battle the other team only had 3 spots and lost to him and he signed 3 players first signing cycle. So weird stuff for me.
10/3/2015 12:45 AM
Posted by stewdog on 10/3/2015 12:02:00 AM (view original):

"It takes 24 hours for a recruit to begin considering you."

Seriously how dumb does seble think we are?  That's a complete 100% lie, there's no way they can say he believes it without resorting to aliens as an explanation.

I think seble is trying to create a shaqtin' a fool award for HD and win it himself.  It's not possible to be so dumb about HD without purposely trying to be so out of touch
10/3/2015 2:28 AM
Next morning... Rejected everything I threw at him again... I even promised a start. No redshirt or anything.
I tried another 10 campus visits, playing time, start, schollie, etc.

Not even an Inbox response other than the scholarship rejection.

This is messed up and I've heard nothing back from customer support other than "it takes 24 hours" which is an obvious lie. Every other recruit is considering someone.
10/3/2015 7:20 AM
Posted by stewdog on 10/3/2015 7:20:00 AM (view original):
Next morning... Rejected everything I threw at him again... I even promised a start. No redshirt or anything.
I tried another 10 campus visits, playing time, start, schollie, etc.

Not even an Inbox response other than the scholarship rejection.

This is messed up and I've heard nothing back from customer support other than "it takes 24 hours" which is an obvious lie. Every other recruit is considering someone.
It's really strange. Keep us posted. Maybe they are trying some recruiting stuff and not telling anyone. It's strange. Anyways, if it's not Seble trying recruiting stuff, it's a glitch. Open a ticket and see what he says now.
10/3/2015 8:45 AM
Did you send a coach call?....there is a bug somewhere that sometimes a recruit just won't accept effort....it happened to someone (emy?) at an A+ school (Duke?) a while back.
10/3/2015 9:00 AM

2 cycles in,

What a poster child for what is wrong with the game.

No one should constantly get get every recruit that they ever wanted, let along for 20 seasons.  That certainly does not happen in real life!!

10/3/2015 9:25 AM (edited)
I thought for a pulldown you had to:
1. send a coach call, and get the Plan B message.
2. then you need up to 50 scouting trips to get him to consider you.
3. then he will accept all other forms of contact.

But without the 50 scouting trips he will never accept home visits or campus visits.
10/3/2015 9:30 AM
Posted by weirdrash on 10/3/2015 9:25:00 AM (view original):

2 cycles in,

No one should constantly get get every recruit that they ever wanted, let along for 20 seasons.  That certainly does not happen in real life!!

this is about the dumbest ******* comment I've seen to date...
10/3/2015 10:10 AM
This is not a pull down.
I won 4 of the last 5 national championships. In D1.

He is local. He is in my normal range of recruits I get, I offered a start, scholarship, calls, letters, visits. He didn't even respond.
Unless they have changed recruiting for even a few guys, this is a clear glitch. With the obvious changes this game is trying to make against teams like mine, this seems intentional.
And if they are experimenting, that is flat wrong without a warning.
10/3/2015 10:12 AM
Posted by weirdrash on 10/3/2015 9:25:00 AM (view original):

2 cycles in,

Sorry you feel that way.
I haven't tried to get everyone and I am a smart recruiter... But everyone I have smartly gone after I have gotten.i know my limits and have had the highest prestige in the game over those years.
10/3/2015 10:14 AM
And now it's back to normal.
And I will have to fight another team for him because of the screwup or glitch in the programming.
I did the coach call like Trenton said. Maybe that was the glitch... Rejects $30k worth of recruiting effort until a coach call ($10) clears the way. Nice.
10/3/2015 12:04 PM
12 Next ▸
Rexruiting changes beginning? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.