How long do players keep their peaks? Topic

Hi all.

I'm no longer a noob, but I'm also not nearly experienced enough to swim deep in the trading waters. One of the reasons for this: I don't know how long players hold their peaks.

I know one answer will be "it's different for everyone," and another answer will be "use the player search!" But is there an established ballpark answer? Even if it's just conventional wisdom, it would probably help me.

When I do use the player search, I seem to notice that performance seems to nosedive BEFORE ratings crash ... or I think I've noticed it anyway. I've also noticed that pitchers seem to peak later and perform decently a bit later, too.

Anything else I should know on this subject?
10/4/2015 5:08 PM
Position players begin to lose their "physical" skills around 31-33.    They may still improve a "learned" skill during that decline so it's kind of hard to know exactly what's the "peak".

Pitchers hold their value to 37-38 and, if they were good enough, can still be BL pitchers at 41. 
10/4/2015 5:42 PM
Thanks! 
10/4/2015 5:45 PM
Training budget also factors greatly on when the declines happen and how great the declines are as well.
10/4/2015 9:10 PM
How long do players keep their peaks? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.