Huge Arbitration Demand in First Season Eligible Topic

you're obfuscating...long-term demands aren't the same as arb demands...also i'm not some newb and if you want to compare, how about .539 vs .570...i can't say for certain that previous arb awards affect current arb demands, but it is a far more compelling explanation than anything you've offered so far...also what is the highest 2nd year arb demand you've seen? and can you please post the player
10/8/2015 2:02 PM
I'm not trying to convince you.   Nor do I feel compelled to dig thru 156 seasons of player arbs, try to figure it if I won/lost and post the player to convince you on something I don't care if you believe.    That said, a recent player from the same world requested over 10m in his 2nd arb.  Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Steve Maroth.    There may have been higher but it's not recent and I'm not interested in digging.
10/8/2015 2:20 PM
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Greg Wood wanted more than 8.8m so I signed him LT thru age 31.  I can't "prove" that he wanted more than 8.8m but that's why I only arb'd him once.
10/8/2015 2:24 PM
well that is convenient...you seem to love to dig whenever the evidence suits you...and yeah the guy you posted has a overall 9 points higher than the original player in question so not really relevant
10/8/2015 2:26 PM
Whoops, didn't mean to cause a big ruckus.  I'm almost positive I've either seen it in a dev chat several years ago or it was answered in a ticket.  I've also definitely noticed it in my experience although I'll admit thats a small sample size.  
10/8/2015 2:34 PM
Posted by bighead34 on 10/8/2015 2:26:00 PM (view original):
well that is convenient...you seem to love to dig whenever the evidence suits you...and yeah the guy you posted has a overall 9 points higher than the original player in question so not really relevant
Not so convenient as much as I don't care how you play the game.   A statement was made.  I politely said "I don't think that's right" and you're demanding proof.   Both sides are out there for anyone who reads this so I'm good.    You continue to think winning an arb increases the next season's demand and I won't.    One or three examples isn't going to "prove" anything.    Why don't you dig into your archives and find players who asked for more because they lost an arb?   I'll wait here.
10/8/2015 2:43 PM
Posted by hopkinsheel on 10/8/2015 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Whoops, didn't mean to cause a big ruckus.  I'm almost positive I've either seen it in a dev chat several years ago or it was answered in a ticket.  I've also definitely noticed it in my experience although I'll admit thats a small sample size.  
If you saw it in Dev Chat, there's about a 50/50 chance it's true.    They would answer the same question differently on occassion.
10/8/2015 2:44 PM
Posted by bighead34 on 10/8/2015 2:26:00 PM (view original):
And, BTW, I posted an example and your response is "Oh, well that's not relevant."   What would be the point of giving more examples even if I was inclined?   Go argue with someone else.
10/8/2015 2:45 PM
i responded with a reason why it wasn't relevant...or does overall rating not affect arb demands?
10/8/2015 2:49 PM
I posted Greg Wood, who has a similar OVR, and the reason I only arb'd him once.    I assume that's irrelevant because I didn't arb him.   If it was less than 8.8m, it seems like I'd have arb'd him a 2nd time.  

As for what affects arb demands, you believe a loss in arb1 affects it.    I disagree so I assume my opinion on what affects arb demands is irrelevant because it doesn't reflect yours. 
10/8/2015 2:53 PM
no i'm curious because i've acknowledged i could be wrong...i might be able to learn something from you, but only if you can give an explanation...as for wood, as you've stated he doesn't prove anything since you signed him long-term so there's no real evidence what his demands were...i believe you, but we have no idea if he asked for 9.2M or 10.2M or something else...also i would imagine his low patience rating had something to do with his demands
10/8/2015 3:02 PM
Truth is, I just haven't had that many players in the mid/upper 80s for a 2nd arb.

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Jimmy Powell was low at 6.4m(I think I won).
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Stu Powell was 8.9m(no longer on my team at the time)
Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Matt Christensen was 3.8m(no idea)

That's pretty much it for top 10 picks that I even did a 2nd arb.    Looking at the few others, I signed LT after 1st arb.   But that was back in the Dark Ages when I believed players based their 2nd arb somewhat on the results of the first arb.   I just found no evidence that it did.
10/8/2015 3:14 PM
thanks for posting those guys, however i don't see how they bolster your position in any way...the op has a player asking for 10.2M in his second arb, which by my contention is unusually high and therefore related to his low arb award from the prior year...you contend that 10.2M is neither unusually high nor related to previous arb awards and you post 3 guys with similar overall ratings of which only one had a 2nd year arb demand that could even be considered in the vicinity of 10.2M...what am i missing?
10/8/2015 3:44 PM
Nothing.  I told you I wasn't trying to convince you.    I could dig thru #1-2 picks for other teams and, hopefully, say "See?" but I'm not inclined to do that.   I was just thinking of my players and how I don't have any "off the top of my head" guys because I just don't have any top 1-2 picks to remember. 

Would you like to post some players that back your position?   If there's something other than speculation to counter, I might be more inclined to find examples backing my stance.
10/8/2015 3:54 PM
I could go back to Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Desi Gonzalez and say he requested 343k in all three arbs, thus indicating that he didn't raise demands because of a cheap arb decisions, but you'd say "Yeah but he was a part-time player."     However, he didn't raise demands based on money "lost". 
10/8/2015 3:59 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Huge Arbitration Demand in First Season Eligible Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.