Huge Arbitration Demand in First Season Eligible Topic

Hardball Dynasty – Fantasy Baseball Sim Games - Player Profile: Ned Perry  12.2m arb.   But, irrelevant, as his OVR is higher, right?
10/8/2015 4:02 PM
the op's player is my example...and yes that is exactly what i'd say because i certainly never said there was only one factor that affected arb demands, obviously there is a playing time threshold
10/8/2015 4:02 PM
yes, overall rating affects arb demands and players with 97 OVRs should have higher demands than ones with 85 OVRs...do you disagree with that?
10/8/2015 4:06 PM
also, in ned perry's case, 2.3M in his first year seems low no? is that what you would expect a 97 OVR to demand his first year? perhaps he lost his first arb and then demanded more than he normally would on his second
10/8/2015 4:08 PM
I don't really know what NP's demands were, if he won or lost, or what his actual ratings were when the arb was done. 

So, basically, unless I provide an example of a 85 OVR position player who got 3.4m in arb1 and demands 10.2m in arb2, there's really nothing I can do to "prove" my point?   

Yeah, I'll pass.   Thanks.
10/8/2015 4:19 PM
obfuscation again...in your 154 seasons how many times have you seen a player's overall rating get dramatically higher between age 28 and 32 as you imply might have happened in NP's case? as you've chided people before, new players read these forums and shouldn't be misled... you know NP's ratings didn't change between arb 2 and now (certainly not have gotten more than a point or 2 higher and that would be the extreme case)...you're trying to muddy the waters rather than admit that you just don't know...neither of us can prove anything for certain, but at this point i'm pretty sure i've proved i have the more compelling argument, but i'd still like to hear your theory on what affects arb demands...specifically as it pertains the the op's player
10/8/2015 4:38 PM
Did you learn a new word today?   

I'll repeat it and bold it this time.    I don't really know what NP's demands were, if he won or lost, or what his actual ratings were when the arb was done.  For all we know, he was 100 and demanded 15.3m in arb and lost.   If you know more than that, please explain how.     As for the rest of that nonsense, one example isn't a "compelling" argument anywhere but in your head.   Now, with all that aside, is this correct?

So, basically, unless I provide an example of a 85 OVR position player who got 3.4m in arb1 and demands 10.2m in arb2, there's really nothing I can do to "prove" my point?   

Regardless of your answer, I'll repeat that I'm not out to change your mind.   You believe what you want to believe, I'll believe what I want to believe and anyone who reads this can decide who has the most "compelling" argument.    You may have the last word. 
10/8/2015 5:17 PM
Ok, I admit it. I had to Google 'obfuscating'. Happens. I can't know every word in the English language right?
10/8/2015 5:20 PM
Now you made me look it up.   I thought "redirect; deceive" kind of like a magician showing you the pretty hanky in his left hand while hiding the quarter behind your ear.   Not exact but I think it still works. 
10/8/2015 6:13 PM
Did Bighead go to an Ivy League school or something? Actually I know quite a few Ivy Leaguers and even the most snobbish don't use that word...
10/8/2015 8:57 PM
You guys never watched the Xfiles then.
10/8/2015 9:16 PM
Thanks for the discussion. I'm going to lay out some facts here, just in case someone happens to find this thread later and is looking for some data.

Yes, it is Daniel Ray Jordan.
Current OVR: 85
ML Service Time: 4.016
First Arb Year Salary: 360k
Second Arb Demand: $10.2M
Long-Term Demand: 4x8.25M

Deciding between offering ~8.5M in arb and signing to a 5-year deal next season or just signing the long-term deal now.

I don't have any history before last season because that was my first year with the team.

And I apologize for the misleading topic title. I misread his 360k salary from last year as a non-arb year.

10/8/2015 10:55 PM
The simple definition: What politicians do when they want a change of pace from outright lies.
10/8/2015 10:56 PM
I never watched XFiles, although I am a geek. Well, I guess we are all geeks.
10/9/2015 6:58 AM
Posted by kcclark on 10/8/2015 10:55:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the discussion. I'm going to lay out some facts here, just in case someone happens to find this thread later and is looking for some data.

Yes, it is Daniel Ray Jordan.
Current OVR: 85
ML Service Time: 4.016
First Arb Year Salary: 360k
Second Arb Demand: $10.2M
Long-Term Demand: 4x8.25M

Deciding between offering ~8.5M in arb and signing to a 5-year deal next season or just signing the long-term deal now.

I don't have any history before last season because that was my first year with the team.

And I apologize for the misleading topic title. I misread his 360k salary from last year as a non-arb year.

Arb him, don't close the arb screen and offer him LT.   You can lock him up for 6 seasons or thru 31.   

10/9/2015 7:48 AM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Huge Arbitration Demand in First Season Eligible Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.