I run the 4-3 80%. I blitz a lot, but I wondered which position to blitz the most. I use to use my ss but lately using my linebackers, but most people throw to their backs so I question blitzing my linebackers. Where should I position my defensive backs on first and 3rd downs.
10/10/2015 12:53 AM
Good question. When you figure it out, let us know.
10/10/2015 11:44 PM
Lol.  I don't think anyone knows for sure. Best to experiment and see what works for you.
10/11/2015 12:11 AM
Hey, that 's what I said!
10/11/2015 3:24 AM
I was just emulating those that went before me.      
10/11/2015 7:51 PM
The soft zones that WIS uses on defense make it unlikely that a position will matter. The engine doesn't seem to differentiate between anything but inside or outside on runs, and not even that on passes. I think that individual player stats come into play, and even spent some time converting LBs to DLs to get very fast pass rushers, but even with that huge advantage in speed, I could never see a particular trend that would tell me that it was working once 3.0 came out. In fact, I can't see any difference between any level of blitzing and not blitzing at all. Wish I could be more help, but the data just isn't there.
10/11/2015 9:20 PM
There was a thread on blitzing a while back, you may want to search for it, as it gives some insight into the effectiveness of blitzing. While I run a 5-2 defense, I always blitz my weakest OLB and leave the better OLB for pass coverage. I guess for you that would be your MLB. I would think you want strength and tackling when going to the line, but thats just my .02
10/12/2015 10:09 PM
If I am playing a LB at the line instead of cover, I look for the best DL type ratings in my LB. If I am sending a LB on blitzes then I will look a little bit into spd and ath as well. But str is very important imho.
10/13/2015 3:14 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.