October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

I am just surprised no one commented on this from the 10/28 update:

Some other topics we plan on addressing within the next few days:
  • Box Score readability
  • Display issues on Dolphin Android browser
  • Display issues on Android Kindle Fire
  • Display issues for blind owners
  • Display issues within Headlines section of World Office for special events (Trades, Prospects, etc.)
  • Moving owner actions from World Center page to Franchise Center page (remove from world, commissioner options)
  • Adding pagination to Inbox
  • Adjustments to Trade page (clearer handling of viewing existing trade versus formation)
  • Minor style & formatting adjustments
  • Copy HBD item to Forums
11/8/2015 7:08 PM
Posted by raidersfan on 11/7/2015 7:49:00 PM (view original):
Not reading the whole thread but after playing the game since the start and being with WIFS for a long time I am probably done once my credits run out. I gave it some time but absolutely hate the new interface on both my phone and computer. I never check my teams anymore and have lost interest and desire in learning the new interface. I think it is ugly, cumbersome, difficult to navigate and exceedingly time consuming. It's been fun but my days are probably numbered soon...
People really blew their load over "mobile optimization"....

But I never really had a problem on my Iphone using safari.  So I had to pinch/swipe the screen sometimes.  Big whoop.  Im not a fan of the mobile too it's kind of a pain.
11/8/2015 8:24 PM
I think this has been mentioned, maybe not....sometimes but not always when making changes to pitching roles I have to try numerous times (15-20 or more) to get the drop down to activate. (Android).

A new problem is when I try to sort through player stats, when I sort by position it jumps from my team to the first on the list Anaheim.

Frankly I'd love to promote this game to people I know but I would be embarrassed by all these bugs.
11/8/2015 8:26 PM
Posted by gdmetz on 11/6/2015 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/6/2015 12:53:00 PM (view original):
22 days in.

I have to say that I just don't like line-up changes or roster moves.   Roster moves really didn't change but, if they affect the line-up, I'm just not doing them.    This results in fatigued players playing and short-term injured players just not being taken out of the line-up.    Maybe I'm the only one but it seems like work instead of a hobby. 

I've gotten used to everything else but I'm almost positive my enjoyment has been diminished.

I'm with you.  I'm still making some subs into my lineup for fatigue, but taking the time to re-order my lineup is not something I do nearly as often.  It's cumbersome.

I agree I notice coming on to check my teams less, being less invested in the development of the prospects or the results of my major league teams. Generalized apathy for me at least is starting to take hold
11/9/2015 11:44 AM
Twice in the last week I didn't bother to check after the 7 PM cycle despite being inches from a keyboard.   My interest has waned before so maybe it's not the new interface but I didn't feel like running a team was work a month ago.
11/9/2015 1:59 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/9/2015 1:59:00 PM (view original):
Twice in the last week I didn't bother to check after the 7 PM cycle despite being inches from a keyboard.   My interest has waned before so maybe it's not the new interface but I didn't feel like running a team was work a month ago.
I agree.
11/9/2015 2:38 PM
Posted by brianp87 on 11/9/2015 2:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/9/2015 1:59:00 PM (view original):
I agree.
Not often miket and I agree on anything but I agree 100%. It seems like work to log on to do something I used to love to do. I am literally forcing myself to log on once a day and often find myself logging on every other day. I cannot stand the new look at layout and it's pushed me away. Over the last week or so I have finally concluded that once my credits are gone I am done. I have 3 worlds, I will do 1 more season in each and then I'm out. 1 of those worlds already is losing several owners as a result of the new layout and WIF is going to be losing more. Great work...
11/9/2015 3:06 PM
This was also the 1st season in my 100+ I set a recommended ML lineup and went with it. Too cumbersome trying to do it how I normally do.
11/9/2015 3:07 PM
ST finished in one of my worlds last night.  Normally, I'm setting my roster, checking development, etc, etc first thing in the morning.   I've done none of that today.   As I said, it just seems like work.   Paying to do work seems odd.
11/9/2015 4:35 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/9/2015 4:35:00 PM (view original):
ST finished in one of my worlds last night.  Normally, I'm setting my roster, checking development, etc, etc first thing in the morning.   I've done none of that today.   As I said, it just seems like work.   Paying to do work seems odd.
Once again I feel the exact same way. I sent in a ticket support which was going back and forth until I asked them some questions that I thought were pretty fair questions such as why they felt the need to make this massive change. I got a snarky response and then silence. I hope everyone that is unhappy floods them with sitemails and maybe they will get the hint. They are going to love a ton of long term, loyal customers...
11/10/2015 1:29 AM
I agree Mike. I have been a member of wis since 2003, and have always enjoyed it. It just seems more like work now. They may be losing me,or fewer teams for sure. I currently run seven teams. That will stop soon.
11/10/2015 2:33 AM
I kinda get where you guys are coming from, and I've probably spent a little less time on the site as well, but not that much less.
Part of me wonders if any interface change would have had the same effect, after having using the same, consistent interface for nearly 10 years. It's quite drastic and was supposed to be drastic. Pretty jarring for any program to change that much after using the same interface for that long.
11/10/2015 7:04 AM
My only real issue is line-ups.   It's just a tedious scrollfest on desktop.   It's the absolute worst in ST when you have 30+ position players, many of whom you want to rest after x-amount of AB, to manage.   A good example of how I'm neglecting my line-up is in Mantle:

My lead-off and clean-up are fatiguing.    Lead-off has a split slash line of 286/387/461 and clean-up is 309/369/614.  They were replaced with 221/257/337 and 204/283/333.   Normally, I'd bounce players around and have the replacements hitting at the bottom of the line-up.   But "move this guy up three slots, this one down 5, this one up two, etc, etc" is just too goddam tedious.   Especially when I know I'll be adjusting it again every 2-3 full cycles.   So I leave the crappy hitters at 1/4 and hope they have a great game.

Does that sound like fun?

11/10/2015 8:18 AM
Nope. I missed ST with this; easy to see why slacking would be an attractive option.
11/10/2015 8:21 AM
I'm not saying "I'm done" because that's probably not true.   I have a two more season's worth of committment in Foxx and I commish two worlds.   But I've found I look at line-up changes in the light of "OK, I'll make some time this afternoon and change these things around."   Then I either don't make time or think how insane it is that I had to make time for a hobby. 

I'll add that the interface doesn't even make sense for line-up/pitching.    It's two separate processes for doing the same thing.   If I can move a pitcher from SP1 to LRA or rest why can't I move a hitter from 1st to 6th or rest in the same manner?    Silliness that they're different.

11/10/2015 8:49 AM
◂ Prev 1...21|22|23|24|25...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.