October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 11/9/2015 4:35:00 PM (view original):
ST finished in one of my worlds last night.  Normally, I'm setting my roster, checking development, etc, etc first thing in the morning.   I've done none of that today.   As I said, it just seems like work.   Paying to do work seems odd.
I felt like this for a bit as well. Now that I'm used to the new interface though, I am pretty much back to normal HBD habits. 
11/10/2015 2:03 PM
I don't see the problem with it.  I do most of my changes from a laptop and maybe that's the difference.  Time wise, I don't see much difference in managing my teams.  I found the initial set up for a season, pitch limits, pinch hitting, rest, defensive replacements, etc., actually felt like it went quicker.  They have addressed all the bugs that I found problematic.  The game is the same, adjusting to layout changes, or ANY changes for a lot of people, seems to be the basis of a lot of consternation.
'
11/10/2015 2:04 PM
It's been a month.   Any changes have gone from "unexpected" to "this is how it is".    I'll say it again.   Line-up settings and pitcher settings are not the same.   I prefer the way pitcher roles are set to the way the batting order is set.    I'd be just fine with a drop down that gives me "1-9, B, R" rather than point, scroll, point, scroll, point, point, scroll, point.   It's a pain in the ***, particularly in ST.
11/10/2015 3:35 PM
The point, scroll crap is the very reason I can't set my lineups as a blind user. Reading some of today's comments helps me see why I can't get it to work now. the system for lineups needs to be changed back to what it was with the pull down boxes like what was left in place for the pitching staff. that solves the issue many are complaining about in terms of how difficult the process is and n my case, how I can't even make a change. I sent a ticket request to have a player switched out of my lineup yesterday with Fargo in the Ichiro world, the change has still not been made for me and I am running a team that is making a very serious charge and trying to contend for the second Wild Card. Yet I can't manage my lineup to maximize those possibilities for a team that has gone 16-4 over its last 20 games. two of my top players are now showing fatigue and if either gets hurt, I'll be steamed.
11/11/2015 1:38 PM
I still cannot read my inbox messages either, so I cannot see who got a couple waiver claims on guys I pulled back in my Majors world for the Montreal Expos.
11/11/2015 1:45 PM
I also don't like how they removed my post with a link in it, where I did a video showing them the exact issues I am having accessing and in my inability to make lineup changes.
11/11/2015 1:54 PM
We released another update this afternoon:  learn more
11/11/2015 1:56 PM
Posted by reggiedeal on 11/11/2015 1:54:00 PM (view original):
I also don't like how they removed my post with a link in it, where I did a video showing them the exact issues I am having accessing and in my inability to make lineup changes.
Your post has not been removed, it's a couple pages back.
11/11/2015 2:09 PM
Follow up questions to a few recent posts in this thread:

mm646433
- will review windows phone items you mentioned
gdmetz - can you elaborate on the trade / cash item you mentioned
btoy1975 - can you elaborate on player stats issue? what page?
btoy1975 - for pitching staff drop down activation, what device?

MikeT23, gdmetz, raidersfan, dherz_263, brianp87, sportsboy010, keeid12x
We continue to read your posts and are definitely listening.  The more specific you can be when mentioning issues, the better it is for us so we can understand the complaint. It's also important to let us know what device and browser you are using because each can result in different experiences.  

MikeT23 - your Edit Lineup post is an example that really helps us - you talk a bit about how you use the page and what you find frustrating. Thank you.

11/11/2015 2:34 PM
Posted by tzentmeyer on 11/11/2015 2:34:00 PM (view original):
Follow up questions to a few recent posts in this thread:

mm646433
- will review windows phone items you mentioned
gdmetz - can you elaborate on the trade / cash item you mentioned
btoy1975 - can you elaborate on player stats issue? what page?
btoy1975 - for pitching staff drop down activation, what device?

MikeT23, gdmetz, raidersfan, dherz_263, brianp87, sportsboy010, keeid12x
We continue to read your posts and are definitely listening.  The more specific you can be when mentioning issues, the better it is for us so we can understand the complaint. It's also important to let us know what device and browser you are using because each can result in different experiences.  

MikeT23 - your Edit Lineup post is an example that really helps us - you talk a bit about how you use the page and what you find frustrating. Thank you.

I just tried to replicate the player stats bug but it seems to have been fixed.  What it was was Player stats>Fielding and then I pressed the POS to sort by fielding.  Not sure if it was a one time bug.

The drop down occurs issue occurs when changing pitching role on the pitching staff menu. both Galaxy S4 and an LG Tablet. 
Sometimes it works fine other times it's ridiculously frustrating.  For example I'll press the position to change from SP5 to LongA and the drop down won't appear. Sometimes I have to tap it 10, 20, 30 times.

Thanks for following up.

11/11/2015 3:00 PM
tzent, here's the thing(listed a few posts later because, when I'm in your position, I tend to stop listening to complaints that seem to be repeated).

Pitching has a drop down that allows you to move a guy from SP1 to LRA or Rest. 
Batting order is point, scroll, click, point, scroll click.    If I could move my leadoff to rest, 6 to 1 and bench to 6 without all the PSC, I'd probably just quit griping and STFU about the new interface.   It would be the same action as changing pitching roles and I don't understand why it can't be.

And "open rest" is annoying.   Change out my leadoff, open rest, rest him then make changes to my order because a crappy bench guy is not at leadoff.   Not enjoyable.

11/11/2015 4:38 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/11/2015 4:38:00 PM (view original):
tzent, here's the thing(listed a few posts later because, when I'm in your position, I tend to stop listening to complaints that seem to be repeated).

Batting order is point, scroll, click, point, scroll click.    If I could move my leadoff to rest, 6 to 1 and bench to 6 without all the PSC, I'd probably just quit griping and STFU about the new interface.   It would be the same action as changing pitching roles and I don't understand why it can't be.

And "open rest" is annoying.   Change out my leadoff, open rest, rest him then make changes to my order because a crappy bench guy is not at leadoff.   Not enjoyable.

I would agree with this. Draggable lineup changes do nothing for me and when you use the dropdown menu enough, you end up knowing exactly where to place your thumb/cursor to get the spot you want before the menu even appears.
11/11/2015 9:41 PM
Posted by frymaster99 on 11/11/2015 9:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 11/11/2015 4:38:00 PM (view original):

I would agree with this. Draggable lineup changes do nothing for me and when you use the dropdown menu enough, you end up knowing exactly where to place your thumb/cursor to get the spot you want before the menu even appears.
I think the draggable lineups are great.  Want to move your leadoff man down to the 9 spot and everyone else up one spot?  One click and drag vs. 18 clicks to change everyone's number.   In spring training, when you have 30 players up, if you accidentally put two guys at the same number in the lineup (happened to me all of the time) you're scrolling up and down a list of 30 players to find the conflict.  No chance of that happening with the new lineup format.  

I think the numbers are a lot more tedious and time consuming than click and drag, and I hope this input is considered as well.  
11/12/2015 1:29 PM
Just an observation. This is playing out remarkably similarly to whenever Yahoo has updated/revised its Fantasy Football portals. I've played on Yahoo for at least ten years. It's like there's a generation gap in internet users.

I completely understand Mike's take on it. There are too many steps to go through for the lineup compared to the old interface, which seems to involve hiding Rest so that it doesn't take up the main page. But I think that depends on how active a user is, how often and fluidly he uses Rest. If you don't use it that much (read: Ignore your Minors), it probably doesn't bother you.

Drag-And-Drop seems to be a dividing line which came up in Yahoo too. Older users didn't like it at first. Whereas younger users probably expect nothing less than Drag-And-Drop as basic functionality. Even younger users are the ones asking why this isn't just an app.

Yahoo affords the user the ability to switch back to "Classic Mode." But then, I suspect Yahoo has much greater resources than WiS.
11/12/2015 1:49 PM
Drop and Drag has it's uses.    If I'm not mistaken, Yahoo uses it for NCAA bracket.   I love it.   Of course, I set my bracket one time and I work "backwards".    I ask myself "Who will win?" and drag that team all the way over to the winner's slot.   "Who will they beat?", same process.  "Who are the other final 4?", "Who is the elite 8?" and then I fill in the games to get there.    Setting a line-up can be done 3 times a day.   When fatigue hits, I'm subbing players in/out, resting and resetting the order.  Drop and Drag sucks for that.

It's not that I'm old(although I am).   It's that I understand the difference between "needlessly time consuming" and "efficient". 

11/12/2015 2:03 PM
◂ Prev 1...22|23|24|25|26...35 Next ▸
October 15 HBD Release - Feedback Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.