Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 5/18/2016 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/18/2016 10:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/18/2016 9:38:00 PM (view original):
I expect known pugilism expert dahs to dispute this but I'll take Daniel Cormier's word for it.
So an MMA dude says something it's gospel, MLB says something and they don't know ****.

Sounds legit.
When it comes to fighting, who do you think knows more? MMA or MLB?

Seriously, stop being a retard. Just stop. When you're about to post something retarded, don't hit "submit".
I think you're missing the point. You spent several pages telling me that just because MLB said somebody violated the rules of baseball it doesn't have to be true. That you shouldn't just trust authority figures. So why do we trust your MMA expert to be right? Is he infallible?
5/18/2016 11:23 PM
Posted by The Taint on 5/18/2016 10:15:00 PM (view original):
Not to mention....wouldn't trying to take out his knees be "OLD TIME BASEBALL"???????

CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS DOUCHENOZZLE.
It does work both ways! Bautista was employing OLD TIME BASEBALL by taking out Odor and Odor was employing OLD TIME BASEBALL by punching him in the face.

Only we know Bautista is a self-glorifying *****. And Rougned Odor is a REGULATOR!
5/19/2016 4:57 AM
Posted by The Taint on 5/18/2016 11:01:00 PM (view original):
Anytime you post anything involving an MMA fighter's opinion you should take your own advice.

MMA.

Lol.

Tard
When a MMA fighter is talking about fighting, I'm guessing his opinion is pretty solid.

Didn't I tell you to stop being a retard? Are you too retarded to understand what I meant?
5/19/2016 6:50 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 5/18/2016 11:23:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/18/2016 10:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 5/18/2016 10:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 5/18/2016 9:38:00 PM (view original):
I expect known pugilism expert dahs to dispute this but I'll take Daniel Cormier's word for it.
So an MMA dude says something it's gospel, MLB says something and they don't know ****.

Sounds legit.
When it comes to fighting, who do you think knows more? MMA or MLB?

Seriously, stop being a retard. Just stop. When you're about to post something retarded, don't hit "submit".
I think you're missing the point. You spent several pages telling me that just because MLB said somebody violated the rules of baseball it doesn't have to be true. That you shouldn't just trust authority figures. So why do we trust your MMA expert to be right? Is he infallible?
When an MMA fighter talks about throwing a punch, I think I can trust his opinion.

When a sports organization starts enforcing punishment, I think we know they lack consistency. Do you disagree? Didn't MLB lose a recent, well-publicized court case regarding a suspension?
5/19/2016 6:53 AM
Posted by sjpoker on 5/19/2016 4:57:00 AM (view original):
Not to mention....wouldn't trying to take out his knees be "OLD TIME BASEBALL"???????

It does work both ways! Bautista was employing OLD TIME BASEBALL by taking out Odor and Odor was employing OLD TIME BASEBALL by punching him in the face.

Only we know Bautista is a self-glorifying *****. And Rougned Odor is a REGULATOR!
Taking out an infielder with a hard slide is a baseball play.

Punching somebody in the face is not a baseball play.

Are you related to BL? Do you watch baseball?
5/19/2016 7:19 AM
If Daniel Cormier starts talking about suspension in baseball, I'll stop paying attention. But, throwing a punch, I think he can tell when someone intends to do so.
5/19/2016 7:32 AM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/19/2016 7:19:00 AM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 5/19/2016 4:57:00 AM (view original):

Taking out an infielder with a hard slide is a baseball play.

Punching somebody in the face is not a baseball play.

Are you related to BL? Do you watch baseball?
I'm just being a troll. Don't compare me to BL.
5/19/2016 10:51 AM
tec's just butthurt because he doesn't know **** about baseball.
5/19/2016 10:53 AM
I know it's not played with spreadsheets and mathematical equations..

Did you know that?
5/19/2016 12:55 PM
Yes. The fact that you think that's something worth pointing out just adds to the case against you.
5/19/2016 1:16 PM
Does it really?

Please tell us about your reliance on WAR in virtually all baseball discussions.

Also, please expand on your statement from a couple of years ago: "I don't need to watch the games, I have the stats".
5/19/2016 1:50 PM
If I'm going to WAR, ************!!!!, I take Odor over Bautista. While Bautista is thinking about throwing a punch, Odor is punching.
5/19/2016 1:53 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/19/2016 1:50:00 PM (view original):
Does it really?

Please tell us about your reliance on WAR in virtually all baseball discussions.

Also, please expand on your statement from a couple of years ago: "I don't need to watch the games, I have the stats".
Yes. No one thinks that baseball is played anywhere other than on the field.

WAR is just a stat that you have also used in discussions about baseball. Please tell us how you would like to discuss issues related to baseball (who should be the MVP? who deserves to be in the Hall of Fame? Is pitcher A better than pitcher B?) without using stats.

I don't think I ever said I don't watch the games. I don't know the context of the conversation you are referring to (link?) but I'm guessing it was something along the lines of, "no one can watch and remember every play of every game, which is why we need to rely on stats."

5/19/2016 2:34 PM (edited)
There's nothing wrong about using stats. There are hundreds of stats about baseball. Most (all?) reasonably intelligent people would say that primarily relying on just one particular stat may be kind of dumb.

Unlike you, I don't catalog particular threads or posts for quick reference that I can produce at a moment's notice. Just be assured that you said it.
5/19/2016 2:35 PM
Nothing wrong with relying on one stat as a quick shorthand for total value and expanding if deeper analysis is needed.

I'll be assured that I said it just like you should be assured that you admitted that you don't know anything at all about baseball. You should also be assured that you said your diet is primarily composed of used toilet paper.
5/19/2016 2:44 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...106 Next ▸
Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.