Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

What are the possible outcomes of Trout's PA?

- He can get a hit and tie the game (or win if it's a HR)
- He can walk and the game continues
- He can make an out and end the game

If you're dumb enough to bat Mendoza after Trout, he's probably being intentionally walked here. But if he isn't, then I'd want him to get a hit, because a hit is the best outcome.

If he doesn't get a pitch to hit, then I'd want him to take the walk instead of swinging at a ball well out of the zone. Doing that just increases the likelihood of an out.
6/30/2016 6:59 PM
And . . . ?
6/30/2016 7:34 PM
And what?

You asked me what I preferred and I answered. I'd prefer, in this order:

Hit
Walk
Out
6/30/2016 7:36 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/30/2016 7:34:00 PM (view original):
And . . . ?
Yer mama?
6/30/2016 7:40 PM
I want to see BL manage a baseball team, just for pure ***** and giggles.

Bottom of the 9th, 1-1 game, runner on third, one out, batter hits a walkoff sac fly.

BL: "You piece of ****! A sac fly is a negative value event! What you just did is no different than a strikeout. You're benched!!"
6/30/2016 10:02 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/30/2016 7:36:00 PM (view original):
And what?

Hit
Walk
Out
I guess reading comprehension is not one of your talents.

Reread what I asked, and try again.
6/30/2016 10:15 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/30/2016 10:02:00 PM (view original):
I want to see BL manage a baseball team, just for pure ***** and giggles.

Bottom of the 9th, 1-1 game, runner on third, one out, batter hits a walkoff sac fly.

BL: "You piece of ****! A sac fly is a negative value event! What you just did is no different than a strikeout. You're benched!!"
I see BL's fate as a baseball manager as being similar to this:

6/30/2016 10:18 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 6/30/2016 10:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 6/30/2016 7:36:00 PM (view original):
And what?

Hit
Walk
Out
I guess reading comprehension is not one of your talents.

Reread what I asked, and try again.
You asked what I'd prefer and I told you. Obviously you prefer a hit to a walk in that situation.
6/30/2016 10:28 PM
He didn't ask about the result, dumbass. He was asking if you want both those hitters approaching the situations the same, or if one is more preferable to the other. It's about context.

You're so unbelievably thick.
6/30/2016 10:39 PM
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/30/2016 10:39:00 PM (view original):
He didn't ask about the result, dumbass. He was asking if you want both those hitters approaching the situations the same, or if one is more preferable to the other. It's about context.

Um...ok I would like Trout to try to get a hit.

6/30/2016 10:46 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 6/30/2016 6:50:00 PM (view original):
Can I answer for him?

Genetics. A definite case of inbreeding in the BL family. BL will have to confirm but I think they crossbreed based on internet arguing skills. Not on making a valid point but how long they can defend an invalid one.
Is he Jenny McCarthy's son?
6/30/2016 11:03 PM
Posted by bad_luck on 6/30/2016 10:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Jtpsops on 6/30/2016 10:39:00 PM (view original):

Um...ok I would like Trout to try to get a hit.

Would you also like Mendoza, in that situation, also "try" to get a hit, or would you prefer a walk to bring up Trout?
7/1/2016 7:00 AM
What if it was Edgar Martinez instead of Mike Trout? Would you want him to try to get a hit or just take his walk?
7/1/2016 7:06 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 7/1/2016 7:06:00 AM (view original):
What if it was Edgar Martinez instead of Mike Trout? Would you want him to try to get a hit or just take his walk?
This is where it gets really uncomfortable for BL. I expect him to either avoid the question, or try to divert the discussion.
7/1/2016 7:23 AM
I'm sure he'll come back with something brilliant like "I'd rather he walk than make an out." Which is why he should have a job in MLB because nobody thinks that way.

Of course, he'll probably follow that with "So Martinez walked too much?" Which was never the argument, well, it might have been the discussion "we" were having according to BL. My point was always I'd rather my best hitter expand his strike zone a little in certain situations. As in the Trout/Mendoza example, I don't want Trout taking a strike. I'd much rather he take a cut at a pitch that isn't in his "comfort zone" than put the game in Mendoza's hands.
7/1/2016 8:24 AM
◂ Prev 1...91|92|93|94|95...106 Next ▸
Should KC plunk Bautista because he's a jerk? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.