PLAYER EXCLUSIVE DRAFT LEAGUE # 2 Topic

Posted by lostnfound74 on 11/15/2015 7:06:00 AM (view original):
 I'm IN buddy.

Now.. Come ON your guys. IT'S YOUR TURN. U got a piano tied to your bum? Come ON, it's..............
(I will take my patience pills this time)

I only wish you would blacklist the top edition of Mario and the top Gretzkys over 9.5 million. Whoever gets them: One will go to the final

Thanks for coming back lostnfound. No blacklisting in this league.
11/15/2015 3:58 PM
maybe a an idea - each team protects 12 players, and the rest are sent back to the draft..and the draft will be based on the standings from the current season?
11/15/2015 5:44 PM
Draft is based on reverse order of finish. With all the non playoff teams in a lottery.
Worst record having the best % chance of getting the first pick and so on.
No players are protected they all get re drafted.
11/15/2015 5:53 PM
Posted by edge2012 on 11/15/2015 2:08:00 PM (view original):
Lol I will only be drafting during my exact allotted draft time.
 Yeah it isn't worth getting knotted up about.
11/16/2015 12:13 AM
Posted by sixernuggets on 11/15/2015 5:53:00 PM (view original):
Draft is based on reverse order of finish. With all the non playoff teams in a lottery.
Worst record having the best % chance of getting the first pick and so on.
No players are protected they all get re drafted.
Unfortunately this would be a disincentive for any owner who did well to join again. It should just be randomized if all players are once again being made available.

I'd be interested in discussing (as a group) the possibility of keepers and reverse order draft with a period for trades (which could include picks), but think the original way would be easiest 
11/16/2015 3:15 AM
  I agree with the lottery for those who missed. One team is in the playoffs,  and the other dudded out last 20 games. I disagree re: dis incentive :) That's just how the cookie crumbles. This league can run for ages, and not die out. I might just keep the one team in this time, Sixer. That said, ya never know. Maybe Chuck and Jakyll will join up
11/16/2015 4:34 AM (edited)
I am back
11/16/2015 12:09 PM

Exaclty.  Not worth getting worked about about.  I will be following the rules exactly. 

I mean I have a losing record and Mario and am losing in the first round of the playoffs.

I don't think it's fair to blacklist anyone on an exclusive draft.

11/17/2015 3:01 PM
How about everyone with a losing record (or the bottom half)
I had a losing season but finished in a playoff spotm however teams with way more points missed the playoffs.  So they would be in the draft lottery?
11/17/2015 5:42 PM
Count me in.
11/17/2015 9:33 PM
 Do it like the NHL. Draft is in reverse order of how they finished. Those who missed the playoffs are the first eight to pick and I don't know how sim does it, but the lottery should be only for the bottom three and that for the first round pick.

Only reason the NHL came up with that was to deter a dud team from playing for top pick.

For that reason I suggest just the reverse order for those who missed to take top 8, and THEN reverse order for those of us who are left. Question is what if Jakyll and Chuck decide to join us?

I would give them the middle two picks. Like 15 and 16. Those two guys could pretty well write an instruction manual for drafting for SIM

11/18/2015 6:56 AM
This is my first crack at this. I'm assuming I'll have a shot at the top pick, or am I just taking the spot of someone who left?
11/18/2015 12:20 PM
OK, just so you're aware then if I go a couple rounds in the playoffs you can count me out. If it's not a snake draft, and there are no keepers - then whomever finishes at the top picks last EVERY ROUND? Just not a fair way to play so I wouldn't participate.
11/18/2015 12:31 PM
New league, start from scratch.

I won't be in if it is based on the previous league
11/18/2015 3:19 PM
Let me talk with Amerk about all this, and I will get back to everyone here in the forum and site mails.
11/18/2015 3:35 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
PLAYER EXCLUSIVE DRAFT LEAGUE # 2 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.