No Salary cap!

Just upgrade and draft as we go through the seasons and build a winner from the ashes .
11/30/2015 9:43 AM
Gonzo your officially in with your 2 teams.

Please let me know if your keeping these original picks
or changing teams since you lost a player on each team.
11/30/2015 9:45 AM
Yes I can work with those.

Gracias everyone and Good Luck.
11/30/2015 3:19 PM
I'm interested in 84 Brewers
12/1/2015 8:53 AM
1984 Milwaukee Brewers it is.

You will be at County Stadium.

Please go to baseball-almanac.com and check your COMPLETE ROSTER,
since SIM tends to leave a few players off and sometimes real good ones since,
it was not the best year of their career.
I think the minimum allowable stats for a player to be used for SIM is 25 IP's and 50 AB's

Then check your players against the teams that were taken previously, that MAY have one or more of your players already.

The teams you may be concerned with would be the:
71' Phillies
87' Orioles
91' Astros
93' Mets
These are the only 4 teams that are remotely in your time frame.

If none of your players were on any of these exact teams and years there all yours.

You will be downloading 24 players when the league is full using the LIVE DRAFT TOOL
21 players will be as is 1984 Brewers
3 players MAY be upgraded from 1984 Brewers to whatever team / year during their entire career
1 player will be released ie: 24 players so, you have room to draft one
Using the LIVE DRAFT TOOL
This player can be ANY PLAYER that is available on the LIVE DRAFT TOOL
When it is your turn in the draft.
lowest salary will draft first and highest salary will draft last.

Thanks and Good Luck.
12/1/2015 10:20 AM (edited)
60 Red Sox
12/1/2015 12:03 PM
I was waiting to see who was going to grab Ted Williams
The only team I see that is close to your time frame of 1960
is the 1971 Phillies, so I think all your players should be fine.

Read the above post and
if you have any further questions, I'm here.

To enter the league join THM52542
12/1/2015 12:43 PM (edited)
66 Cubs for 2nd team
12/3/2015 3:39 PM
We can start anytime at 16 Teams!

OR

Wait and see if we can get up to 18 - 20 - 24 - 26 - 28 - 30
There are leagues for each of these denominations..

At 16 teams I will be unable to give FREE TEAMS away.
The Founders Salary is very low.

Feedback.

12/4/2015 11:02 AM (edited)
adding Tony taylor as my 25th player for 1971 Phillies
12/4/2015 1:42 PM
wait a bit and see? Maybe advertise in the regular classifieds too?
12/4/2015 3:05 PM

Either way - 16 is a good league if no one else joins.

12/4/2015 4:33 PM
Trying a thread in the Theme League Classifieds.
Maybe we'll get a nibble.
12/5/2015 5:59 PM
Posted by retiredfart on 12/5/2015 5:59:00 PM (view original):
Trying a thread in the Theme League Classifieds.
Maybe we'll get a nibble.
I saw your thread and you can consider this to be my nibble. I have been in many progressives and this like nothing I have ever been in before. I have only used the LIVE DRAFT once several years ago. Before I swallow the hook I have some observations and a few questions. Please correct me if my observations are incorrect and excuse me if I ask any dumb questions.

Observation 1) Nothing really progresses. If you start with 1971 Phillies you don't advance to the 1972 Phillies You start every season with the same roster including the draft picks from previous seasons and any players you have twisted.

Observation 2) The team you start with is crucial to any success in future seasons. Since you will be potentially twisting up to 16 players, you better make sure there are 16 players worth twisting. Some teams have a lot of players that only have worthless seasons to choose from.

Observation 3) Once I commit to something I don't bail. If it says seven seasons. I am there for seven seasons. My only bad experiences with progressives is when one or more owners bail out. Then it takes weeks and weeks to find a new owner. Many progressives just fold because no one wants to wait for a new owner to show up.

Question 1) The team I am considering has way more than 25 draftable players on their roster. ( 19 players and 18 pitchers). Can I choose any 24 players that I want or do have to go with what the LIVE DRAFT gives me?

Question 2) It says the AAA players are used to fill holes in your line up. Does that mean they are only for teams with less than 24 players on there original roster? Since they are way above average, what's to stop you from sending half your team to the minors and playing mostly rookies? If the AAA are assigned randomly that brings a large luck factor into play.

Question 3) Can you change the season for one of your drafted players or do you have use the same one every season? Say I have 1995 Greg Maddux and I want to change to 1994?

Question 4) I notice you show a chart of draft picks and twists. Season 6 shows 1 draft pick and 1 twist. Season 7 shows 3 draft picks and no twists. Can you explain that to me?

Put me down tentatively for the 1993 Oakland A's

12/6/2015 4:08 AM (edited)
1) Yes! and I like twisted, sounds better than upgrade.
2) Very important, some teams have players to twist just to get more IP's or more AB's without much help other than that.
3) I have played with a lot of the owners here before, and I think we have a great bunch.

1) You choose the 24 players you want to bring along.
Also: I have found baseball-almanac a great tool to find players that were on the roster
but, SIM doesn't download them.
1993 Oakland A's - I will check to see if ANY of those players were on ANY TEAM roster picked already.
1993 NY Mets - If a player was on both teams in 1993. The NY Mets were picked first, they get him.
1984 Milwaukee Brewers - 1991 Houston Astros - That's it! All others are nowhere near your time frame.
2) WAA AAA players are yours for however you want to use them.
To monitor owners use of AAA would be a task I would prefer not to have.
Especially in Season 1, I expect to see all 12 AAA.
The AB's are very low, and the IP's are low.
As the seasons PROGRESS, I expect a lower number of AAA appearances.
3) Yes. Any Year or Season of their career.
You can do that 3X each season.
If you twist Maddux from 95' to 94' that is 1X
If you decide to twist the same player later on, that is considered a twist and counted as 1
16 twists for each owner, use them wisely, twisting 1 player 3X would not be a good idea.
4) We have 25 players. I wanted to have 9 Draft picks, not 7.
1 draft pick each season gave me 7. So I added 2 extra in the final season.
9 Draft picks + 16 Twists = 25 players.
This way every Position has the opportunity to be changed from the original.
I might add that the 16 Twists and 9 Draft picks are optional. Your choice.
You may find you have a player that is perfect just as you found them on the 1993 A'S roster.
Therefore you will end up passing on an upgrade for sure, if not a draft pick. Optional.

I checked your roster No players were on the 84 Brew - 91 Astros or 93 Mets
I started to go through baseball-almanac did not finish
The 1993 Oakland A'S roster and found
This guy named Goose Gossage on the roster
Sim didn't download him since he was 716K that season.
Silly name Goose, your probably not even interested in him pitching with Eckersley.
Thanks RF

12/6/2015 11:36 AM (edited)
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...10 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.