Open Letter to the Stupid Unsolicited Trade Guy Topic

Dude, not again.

Why do you have to try this in every league I play in?  Don't you know the moment I see "1 Trade Proposed To You" come out of nowhere that I'm thinking, "how bad is this guy trying to fVck me over?"

Always the same crap - my best young cost controlled player for some sh!t you've got left laying around.  Are you really just hoping that I'm gonna get angry enough to hit the wrong button and approve it by accident?

Nothing wrong with asking for my best player, but try not to suck at it.  Try to make an offer that might actually match value or something.

How do you expect that to even get past veto, anyway?  World chat would blow up if I actually approved that kind of trade, regardless of whether the world has trade rules or not.  And I'm not going to try to defend it in world chat, like some apologist n00b who "just wants to spice things up", if you get it approved by boning me.

Here's the best part.  Now I know you're a dick.  I had no idea who you were before.  32 owners in a world, I'm lucky if I remember half of their "names."  But now I know yours, and I know you're a dick, because you try dick sh!t like this.  You're on my sh!t list, we're never going to do any deals in the future because I know you try dick moves, and furthermore I'm going to warn anyone else I trade chat with that you might try to bone them, and I'm certainly going to tell new owners to watch out for you.

No need to name you publicly - no one needs that drama.  Besides, the sh!t list gets longer because you show up over and over everywhere I play.  So I'm just writing this in the open, hoping that maybe you'll think it's not worth pulling the dick move, and stop doing it.

11/25/2015 1:35 PM
I'm offended!
11/25/2015 2:06 PM
I wonder if it was the same owner who just offered me a trash move. I just laughed and hit 'reject' then panicked when the 'reject' message was in green. I thought I made a huge boo boo.

It brings up an interesting point though, in Riley there have been quite a few owners I have gained a really good trading rep with. We have made a few good mutual deals in the past and so, if we are working on a deal and it may be a little more sided with them, I am more likly to accept because I know they will make it up to me in the future. Where as, when I first started, there were a few owners that fleeced me. Now, when they trade chat me I just ignore them.

The best was a few seasons ago. Idiot makes me an offer exactly like damag mentioned. I try to be polite and say I'm not interested now. I make a good deal with one of my 'go to' owners and the first guy trade chats me all angry asking why I wouldn't make a trade with him. That owner was something special.
11/25/2015 2:21 PM (edited)
If it's MG, do it publicly.   We love the drama!!!!!
11/25/2015 2:36 PM
****, do the public call out in WC.  Every world has at least 1 douchebag that does that.
11/25/2015 3:09 PM
Even if it's not MG, say it is so we can accuse someone!!!
11/25/2015 3:53 PM
Yeah I have to admit I like that about MG, I could just light the guy up in chat. So obviously it wasn't.
11/25/2015 4:07 PM
hockey and damag are both in Riley and Gibson.......
11/25/2015 6:24 PM
Posted by damag on 11/25/2015 4:07:00 PM (view original):
Yeah I have to admit I like that about MG, I could just light the guy up in chat. So obviously it wasn't.
How disappointing.   Just falsely accuse someone.  
11/25/2015 7:02 PM
I should point out that the guy who did this today didn't really **** me off.  It's that one of these guys shows up every season, in every WiS game, and my fantasy football and baseball leagues.

Like I said, it's at least nice that they out themselves.

11/25/2015 7:22 PM
Was it dildo6464?  He's sent me crap offers!!!!
11/25/2015 8:04 PM
This is more fun not letting anyone know.

Court is now in session! Let the wild accusations fly!
11/25/2015 8:46 PM
Every cloud has a silver lining:  if one is joining a new world or has low-no advanced scouting, you'll have FREE (budget-wise) info on which of your youngsters is either ML ready or a potential all-star (before you refuse the trade).   
11/26/2015 10:07 AM (edited)
Can't argue.  I have had the thought "Oh, he is that good.  Nice to know."

11/26/2015 10:22 AM
Posted by carpetbagger on 11/26/2015 10:07:00 AM (view original):
Every cloud has a silver lining:  if one is joining a new world or has low-no advanced scouting, you'll have FREE (budget-wise) info on which of your youngsters is either ML ready or a potential all-star (before you refuse the trade).   
I have offered not-quite-insulting lowball offers before to gain intel. Sometimes it starts a dialogue as well. The key is to avoid the insulting part though; not to dissimilar from offering on a house.
11/26/2015 10:45 AM
12 Next ▸
Open Letter to the Stupid Unsolicited Trade Guy Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.