How to never be fired ! Topic

I noticed an issue 3 months ago where a coach at an elite school had his status drop to secure, the coach did not renew in time and the school was listed vacant, he did renew before the job was posted vacant and then his job status was listed as very secure. I put in a ticket and was told they would look into a fix.  Last month the same coach and school had job status drop to little to no jeopardy (should have been in jeopardy if not for the previous reset), the coach again did not renew on time but did renew again before the job was posted vacant and again his job status was reset to very secure.  I replied to the original ticket which was still open and did not hear back from WIS, I posted a new ticket and was told they will review the issue, when I asked if I would be informed of the review results I did not receive a reply.  3 months ago they said they would look into a fix and now 2 weeks ago they are going to review the issue.  I guess until enough customers complain they won't do anything, until then anybody whose job status drops just needs to wait until your team is listed vacant then renew before the job is posted and your job status will be reset to very secure.
12/8/2015 7:23 AM
Cool, that's good to know
12/8/2015 7:34 AM
I sent in a ticket on a similar situation. A local BCS school "forgot" to renew and had his job status returned to "very secure." By the answer I received in my ticket it looks like they get their bowl money back too. I find this pretty unfair to the rest of us.
12/8/2015 7:49 AM
I've seen that same situation where the coach *was* fired, and he applied and was rehired. Capital L Loophole.
12/8/2015 8:03 AM
You do keep your money, I forgot to renew a few seasons ago and renewed before the job was posted and kept my playoff money, since I was already very secure, I did not know about that issue at the time. I believe that if you lose your team but are hired for same job after it has been posted and others have applied for it you lose your money.
12/8/2015 8:05 AM
I wish I'd have known this a couple of days ago.
12/8/2015 10:54 AM
Posted by hypnotoad on 12/8/2015 8:03:00 AM (view original):
I've seen that same situation where the coach *was* fired, and he applied and was rehired. Capital L Loophole.
So they Laimbeer'd him?
12/8/2015 10:57 AM
This needs to be fixed its a disgrace. No one should have the opportunity to save a job based on a system glitch. Its allowed coaches who should've been fired to stay at elites and non-elite BCS schools. No clue why this isn't fixed yet. 
12/8/2015 12:28 PM
I have also sent in a ticket on this issue...possibly the same coach iceman
12/8/2015 8:51 PM
I found this "loophole" about a year ago. Used it a couple of times. Don't feel bad about it since the teams I take over are always rebuilds. I look at it as a coach that only signs 1 season contracts with the school. Just as the school has the right to bump you down, you should have the same opportunity to "re evaluate" ur decision to be at that school. The whole idea that you can drop a notch in job status when your improving the team is absurd. Course the idea that a big 10 school and a sun belt school would be equal in the application process is absurd. I never brought it up because I thought it was just another issue that needed to be fixed and usually it seems the minute you bring it up everybody dog piles about fix the engine first. Right now I have a issue with the lack of undecided recruits at 1A.
12/8/2015 10:31 PM
Posted by iceman4445 on 12/8/2015 7:23:00 AM (view original):
I noticed an issue 3 months ago where a coach at an elite school had his status drop to secure, the coach did not renew in time and the school was listed vacant, he did renew before the job was posted vacant and then his job status was listed as very secure. I put in a ticket and was told they would look into a fix.  Last month the same coach and school had job status drop to little to no jeopardy (should have been in jeopardy if not for the previous reset), the coach again did not renew on time but did renew again before the job was posted vacant and again his job status was reset to very secure.  I replied to the original ticket which was still open and did not hear back from WIS, I posted a new ticket and was told they will review the issue, when I asked if I would be informed of the review results I did not receive a reply.  3 months ago they said they would look into a fix and now 2 weeks ago they are going to review the issue.  I guess until enough customers complain they won't do anything, until then anybody whose job status drops just needs to wait until your team is listed vacant then renew before the job is posted and your job status will be reset to very secure.
How can you see another coaches job status?
If you don't renew, doesn't the team drop into the bin so other teams can grab it?
12/8/2015 11:13 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 12/8/2015 11:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by iceman4445 on 12/8/2015 7:23:00 AM (view original):
How can you see another coaches job status?
If you don't renew, doesn't the team drop into the bin so other teams can grab it?
You can see a coach's status by clicking on his name in the world that you are looking at.

If you don't renew, there is a window where no one can apply for that job (as it was just dropped) that I think lasts one cycle. If you do this it says "you forgot to renew but good news no one has applied to this job" and you can reapply, you get all of your job security back and retain your recruiting funds.
12/8/2015 11:38 PM
Posted by starfinder77 on 12/8/2015 10:31:00 PM (view original):
I found this "loophole" about a year ago. Used it a couple of times. Don't feel bad about it since the teams I take over are always rebuilds. I look at it as a coach that only signs 1 season contracts with the school. Just as the school has the right to bump you down, you should have the same opportunity to "re evaluate" ur decision to be at that school. The whole idea that you can drop a notch in job status when your improving the team is absurd. Course the idea that a big 10 school and a sun belt school would be equal in the application process is absurd. I never brought it up because I thought it was just another issue that needed to be fixed and usually it seems the minute you bring it up everybody dog piles about fix the engine first. Right now I have a issue with the lack of undecided recruits at 1A.
The logic you present is fine if you only got one extra season. You don't, you can get up to another four seasons. If your status drops to in Jep, you have to win that season. Doing this glitch play brings your status back to very secure, that should not happen. Everyone is in the same boat. Five seasons to rebuild its really not as complicated or difficult as everyone keeps making it out to be. The game is way less filled then it has used to be. If you haven't won by season five, you're probably not going to win in season six.

This needs to be corrected. Not at all how the process for jobs was ever intended to work. The job process is fine as is, flash back a few years ago then I agree its a little tight. Now...no even close. Hell you can build a powerhouse almost anywhere if you know what you're doing. Recruiting isn't as hard as it used to be. In the real world coaches get three seasons to turn it around, Wis gives you at least four and almost 90% of the time five in a true rebuild. I don't know why people are complaining. If I win only 6 or 7 games even with a total rebuild i'm not happy at all. Sim teams are winning 9 games these days. If you can't beat some human teams by season five...how much is going to change over one off-season? The roster is already all your players, that's the most any coach in the real world can hope for. WIS gives you a season to wipe out a potential bad first class with out extra recruiting money. Just don't get complaining.

I just took over a rebuild at Texas Tech, we'll if my views on this change in five seasons. 
12/9/2015 1:44 AM
This game isn't the real world. any of us that believe that should really seek medical help. LOL Another point is that the recruit in Alabama that Texas A&M (example) has to send25 CVs to "knock off "Idaho" (example), yeah that makes sense and that happens in "real life", etc....
12/9/2015 8:10 AM (edited)
Theres another topic virtually identical to this one with the firing reasoning from WIS. Also I really dont think he was comparing this game to real life.. but instead that anyone should be happy at season 4 with a roster full of their own guys. 

Its just really disappointing that this loophole even exists and WIS hasnt done anything about it.
12/9/2015 1:21 PM
12 Next ▸
How to never be fired ! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.