Introducing the Smith mega power super duper conf Topic

Because Seble is against ANYTHING that makes the strong teams even stronger.
7/13/2016 6:16 PM
Can we rename to : Hoops Parity
7/13/2016 6:17 PM
that deincitizes being in a super conference and makes strong coaches even more powerful

so lets say a super conference gets 8 teams into the NT with the NC E8 S16 S16 2nd 2nd 1st 1st

so thats 22 games for D3 is 5,500 per team

now in your new system

NC team gets 13,500 in cash since they get 75% of the 18k they brought and then their share of the pot

just keep bonus cash and cut it like 25% or 50% if it's that "unfair" make it smaller completely cutting it is asinine
7/13/2016 6:23 PM (edited)
years ago I made a proposal similar to emy's but my first move was cutting post-season cash in half.
next the team that earned the money kept 50%, the remainder went into the conference pool.

In D3 a conference with 22 NT games shares ($16,500) or $1375 per team from the conference share.
A D3 conference with 10 NT games shares $625 per team.

A Final 4 team from any conference earns 4 x 750 or $3000 on their own. If that team is in the "super" conf the total take is 3000 + 1375 = 4375. If they play in the conference with 10 NT games the total is 3000 + 625 = 3625.
A team that did not make the postseason gets the share of $1375 in the super-conf or $625 in the other conf.

I've been a part of two of the larger conference earners of all-time in the Allen-D2 Gulf South which averaged between $150-$170,000 a season in conf cash. With the extra $12-14,000 it was possible at times to compete with D1's. Also the Rupp D1 C-USA built up some nice totals.
With those conference hauls others really couldn't compete. It was join the super-conf or get as far away from them as possible.

I'm in favor of doing away with if not all, than most of the post-season pool. Also eliminating carryover, especially the loophole which rewards the 6-6-0-0 structure by allowing one to accumulate three seasons of conf cash for a single recruiting season. I saw a proposal made in the beta forums that maybe post-season be put into the scouting funds but not the actual recruiting budget.

7/13/2016 7:33 PM
Well who was in your conference? if you were in a conference with some OTHER all time coaches shouldn't you expect to have so much money the only options were to move out.

imagine all the 16 top coaches got together and coached all the ACC schools, at a certain point the SEC Big East and AAC would be royally screwed

At some point the super conferences we have are the equivalent of having something like that in some worlds there really is maybe 5-10 coaches outside the super conferences that are as good as the ones in the conference

Edit: emy
7/13/2016 11:51 PM (edited)
I like the postseason cash because it gives you reason to root on your conference mates and that's fun. I don't really get why you should have any carry over cash at all. I think eliminating that alone could be enough.
7/13/2016 8:59 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/13/2016 6:23:00 PM (view original):
that deincitizes being in a super conference and makes strong coaches even more powerful

so lets say a super conference gets 8 teams into the NT with the NC E8 S16 S16 2nd 2nd 1st 1st

so thats 22 games for D3 is 5,500 per team

now in your new system

NC team gets 13,500 in cash since they get 75% of the 18k they brought and then their share of the pot

just keep bonus cash and cut it like 25% or 50% if it's that "unfair" make it smaller completely cutting it is asinine
Apparently you didn't realize that my suggestion wasn't set in stone numbers but more of an idea to be shaped and molded until it worked and was fair to everyone.
7/13/2016 11:31 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/13/2016 7:50:00 PM (view original):
Well who was in your conference? if you were in a conference with some all time coaches shouldn't you expect to have so much money the only options were to move out.

imagine all the 16 top coaches got together and coached all the ACC schools, at a certain point the SEC Big East and AAC would be royally screwed

At some point the super conferences we have are the equivalent of having something like that in some worlds there really is maybe 5-10 coaches outside the super conferences that are as good as the ones in the conference
Also, for what it's worth, Oldwarrior IS one of those all time coaches that you were referring to.

7/13/2016 11:36 PM (edited)
Did I say he wasnt? I was under the assumption wr were talking about OW as being included in the 12 mam super conference not 11 coaches and poor OW
7/13/2016 11:40 PM
Just thinking out loud here but there sure are a lot of ideas and suggestions being floated out by coaches who are for certain quitting the game once the update is rolled out. I mean, why would they even care what happens with postseason cash? Why worry about super conferences? Why worry at all, their time left playing the game grows shorter by the day? Can't be more than a few weeks left until those coaches call it quits permanently yet the posts keep coming? Done thinking out loud now.
7/13/2016 11:40 PM
Seble gets hit by lightning and a new developer with a triple digit IQ comes in?

I'm sorry mully and I aren't complacent with just letting a game we enjoy be run into the ground and will stand by idly, it's not gonna do anything but then does it really matter if we post it or not, we can if we want and we are doing more than spud is anyways we aren't sitting around cursing each other out anymore for now
7/13/2016 11:45 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/13/2016 11:40:00 PM (view original):
Did I say he wasnt? I was under the assumption wr were talking about OW as being included in the 12 mam super conference not 11 coaches and poor OW
What you posted makes it read like you are saying he's not one of the best. My apologies if I misunderstood those badly worded first couple of sentences.
7/13/2016 11:46 PM
I was assuming it was to be interpreted as "we're yoy in a conference with some other all tiem coaches" as in 12 total good coaches hence the ACC reference wth thr 16 best coaches not 15 good coaches and OW

Again didn't out rightly say yyr idea sucks and **** yoy I just said what yy suggested was prbably not a great idea and yoy didn't specifically say yoy were down to hammer them out even though yoy probably implied it ;)

Where is spud to insult our reading comprehension when yoy need him
7/13/2016 11:48 PM
I'd be cool with stopping carryover and reducing carryover
7/13/2016 11:58 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/13/2016 11:58:00 PM (view original):
I'd be cool with stopping carryover and reducing carryover
I think you mistyped one of those words?
7/14/2016 12:00 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Introducing the Smith mega power super duper conf Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.