Introducing the Smith mega power super duper conf Topic

Posted by the0nlyis on 7/13/2016 11:45:00 PM (view original):
Seble gets hit by lightning and a new developer with a triple digit IQ comes in?

I'm sorry mully and I aren't complacent with just letting a game we enjoy be run into the ground and will stand by idly, it's not gonna do anything but then does it really matter if we post it or not, we can if we want and we are doing more than spud is anyways we aren't sitting around cursing each other out anymore for now
Did I mention any names? Did I say that those coaches couldn't or shouldn't post? Nope and nope. All I was wondering was why people who are so determined to quit the game and leave in protest would bother trying to float ideas that have less than a snowball's chance in hell of getting any attention anyway. Even if Seble gets "hit by lightning", the update is still getting rolled out, no difference if its him or a new admin.

Congratulations for doing more than Spud, but I don't remember mentioning him either. However since you brought him up, a person who does absolutely nothing is doing more positive work than Spud.

Stay classy!!!
7/14/2016 12:01 AM
Oops, reducing postseason cash. I also like the 50 to you, 50 to the conference plan.
7/14/2016 12:02 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/13/2016 11:50:00 PM (view original):
I was assuming it was to be interpreted as "we're yoy in a conference with some other all tiem coaches" as in 12 total good coaches hence the ACC reference wth thr 16 best coaches not 15 good coaches and OW

Again didn't out rightly say yyr idea sucks and **** yoy I just said what yy suggested was prbably not a great idea and yoy didn't specifically say yoy were down to hammer them out even though yoy probably implied it ;)

Where is spud to insult our reading comprehension when yoy need him
Posting and drinking are not a good mix. And if you aren't drinking as you posted this, you probably should be. Wow.
7/14/2016 12:07 AM (edited)
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/13/2016 11:51:00 PM (view original):
Well who was in your conference? if you were in a conference with some OTHER all time coaches shouldn't you expect to have so much money the only options were to move out.

imagine all the 16 top coaches got together and coached all the ACC schools, at a certain point the SEC Big East and AAC would be royally screwed

At some point the super conferences we have are the equivalent of having something like that in some worlds there really is maybe 5-10 coaches outside the super conferences that are as good as the ones in the conference

Edit: emy
Edit: better.
7/14/2016 12:06 AM
More of terrible mobile typing :D I have no shame in my complete lack of typing ability
7/14/2016 12:06 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/14/2016 12:06:00 AM (view original):
More of terrible mobile typing :D I have no shame in my complete lack of typing ability
Okay, reasonable excuse.
7/14/2016 12:08 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/14/2016 12:01:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/13/2016 11:45:00 PM (view original):
Seble gets hit by lightning and a new developer with a triple digit IQ comes in?

I'm sorry mully and I aren't complacent with just letting a game we enjoy be run into the ground and will stand by idly, it's not gonna do anything but then does it really matter if we post it or not, we can if we want and we are doing more than spud is anyways we aren't sitting around cursing each other out anymore for now
Did I mention any names? Did I say that those coaches couldn't or shouldn't post? Nope and nope. All I was wondering was why people who are so determined to quit the game and leave in protest would bother trying to float ideas that have less than a snowball's chance in hell of getting any attention anyway. Even if Seble gets "hit by lightning", the update is still getting rolled out, no difference if its him or a new admin.

Congratulations for doing more than Spud, but I don't remember mentioning him either. However since you brought him up, a person who does absolutely nothing is doing more positive work than Spud.

Stay classy!!!
Pretty much all your posts about this subject have been about me, mully is the only other person who could be considered. I'm all for posting names.

And I just answered your question on at least why I'm still posting, isn't that the response yoy wanted?
7/14/2016 12:09 AM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/14/2016 12:08:00 AM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/14/2016 12:06:00 AM (view original):
Okay, reasonable excuse.
That is a reasonable response.
7/14/2016 12:09 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/14/2016 12:02:00 AM (view original):
Oops, reducing postseason cash. I also like the 50 to you, 50 to the conference plan.
I mean if the numbers got worked out yoy might be able to come up with a decent way to work the split, just make sure it's better to be a weaker team in a strong conference than king of the sim conferfence, I can't get the numbers right now but at a certain point an s16 in a sim conference might be more cash than a 1st round in a full human conference. I'm not sure st what point but a team that goes through a brutal conference should get more than a team that wings trhough sims. Otherwise you continue to discourage strong conferences because for the most part people are here to win and if it makes more sense to be king of the sim conference than people will look to move. Don't take this as saying a weaker human should always get more than a better human in a weaker conference because I do not think that, I just think a balance should be made where a team who does go trhough the tough conference play does get rewarded sp they don't look to coast on a sim conference. A f4 team sim conference should get more than a 1st round or non nt power conference, a s16 may or may not deserve more though in my opinion. And in many cases a weaker school in a power conference doesn't actually neccistate a bad team or coach it could just be a strong coach who has many underclassmen or signed a bunch of jucos who don't know his IQ whereas the king of the sims generally is going to be top dog and get a nt bid
7/14/2016 12:21 AM
"Don't take this as saying a weaker human should always get more than a better human in a weaker conference because I do not think that, I just think a balance should be made where a team who does go trhough the tough conference play does get rewarded sp they don't look to coast on a sim conference. "

and

"t a certain point an s16 in a sim conference might be more cash than a 1st round in a full human conference. I'm not sure st what point but a team that goes through a brutal conference should get more than a team that wings trhough sims. "

What the current system is, and what you want,is p a reward for people playing in full conference as opposed to success. If you really want to reward people for success, it should be their own success, not the success of their conference mates. I would argue that NT success is the truest (and the closest to objective) measurement of success and THAT should be rewarded.

If you think that
7/14/2016 11:07 AM (edited)
I've witnessed how powerful the conf cash can be at D1. When Wake Forest, coming off 2-25 and 1-26 seasons, no NT wins in 20 seasons, is flush with $60,000 in conf bonus cash can go into A prestige Kentucky's backyard and take what they want while the UK coach can only watch, something is wrong with that picture.
7/14/2016 10:50 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/14/2016 11:07:00 AM (view original):
"Don't take this as saying a weaker human should always get more than a better human in a weaker conference because I do not think that, I just think a balance should be made where a team who does go trhough the tough conference play does get rewarded sp they don't look to coast on a sim conference. "

and

"t a certain point an s16 in a sim conference might be more cash than a 1st round in a full human conference. I'm not sure st what point but a team that goes through a brutal conference should get more than a team that wings trhough sims. "

What the current system is, and what you want,is p a reward for people playing in full conference as opposed to success. If you really want to reward people for success, it should be their own success, not the success of their conference mates. I would argue that NT success is the truest (and the closest to objective) measurement of success and THAT should be rewarded.

If you think that
I was saying there would need to be a balance of finding rewarding success and rewarding their conference

I mean most of the time the difference of a 6 seed and a 10 seed isn't much talent wise but usually a 6 seed has an easier path to the S16, a mid level talented team in an empty conference can get a 6 seed running through sims and getting 23+ wins and a weakish rpi/sos and a 10 seed can be a 15-12 power conference team with high sos. The 10 seed might be more talented but has a hard bracket and only gets the the 1st 2nd round because they faced tougher matchups where the 6 seed gets a easy opponent and wins their first tough game going to the first round. Switch conferences and that 10 seed does much better as a 6 seed where the 6 seed might not even get enough wins to qualify for the NT

For sure an E8 team probably deserves more than a 1st round power conference team, but I think if its close by a round then the power team should still get as much if not more.

And then you just again entice people to move out if they aren't getting money in a power conference because its a rebuild they'd be better of as king of the sims, they'll build a better team and if they get similar amounts why risk the brutality of a tough conference or not getting any money in their down seasons?
7/14/2016 11:25 AM
Posted by oldwarrior on 7/14/2016 10:50:00 AM (view original):
I've witnessed how powerful the conf cash can be at D1. When Wake Forest, coming off 2-25 and 1-26 seasons, no NT wins in 20 seasons, is flush with $60,000 in conf bonus cash can go into A prestige Kentucky's backyard and take what they want while the UK coach can only watch, something is wrong with that picture.
so a C/C- Wake Forest which needs around 4.5x more effort than A Kentucky does out effort Kentucky they shouldn't be allowed to? should wake forest never have a chance(kinda why preferences were created albiet bad ones) same distance means kentucky drops 20K and Wake forest is dropping 80-100K Kentucky always has more than 20k even with just 1 scholarship at most wake forest has 6 schollies and say 10k carryover now so 160K total say 8K FSS they have 152K assuming they drop every single dime they have Kentucky still only needs to spend around 33K to eqaul them and thats 1 scholly money for them with not a lot of FSS so Kentucky and Wake Forest drop everythig they have into a single recruit and Kentucky still has major advantage with just 1 scholly...

I do not see why Wake Forest is at fault for having 60K bonus money. And that is purely on Kentucky's coach being at fault not Wake Forest having too much conference money.

You want Kentucky to get say instead of 30K bonus money to get 56K+pool money from a F4 season? major correction in the wrong direction lol
7/14/2016 11:32 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/14/2016 11:27:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/14/2016 11:07:00 AM (view original):

and

If you think that
I was saying there would need to be a balance of finding rewarding success and rewarding their conference

I mean most of the time the difference of a 6 seed and a 10 seed isn't much talent wise but usually a 6 seed has an easier path to the S16, a mid level talented team in an empty conference can get a 6 seed running through sims and getting 23+ wins and a weakish rpi/sos and a 10 seed can be a 15-12 power conference team with high sos. The 10 seed might be more talented but has a hard bracket and only gets the the 1st 2nd round because they faced tougher matchups where the 6 seed gets a easy opponent and wins their first tough game going to the first round. Switch conferences and that 10 seed does much better as a 6 seed where the 6 seed might not even get enough wins to qualify for the NT

For sure an E8 team probably deserves more than a 1st round power conference team, but I think if its close by a round then the power team should still get as much if not more.

And then you just again entice people to move out if they aren't getting money in a power conference because its a rebuild they'd be better of as king of the sims, they'll build a better team and if they get similar amounts why risk the brutality of a tough conference or not getting any money in their down seasons?
1. That's a real slippery slope when you start rewarding teams for they could have, should have or would have done instead of what they actually done.

2. I think you are ignoring the fact that people don't always choose the optimal situation in recruiting. I, for one, would choose a human conference, for a couple different reasons, even if there was no in game benefit.
7/14/2016 11:54 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/14/2016 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Posted by oldwarrior on 7/14/2016 10:50:00 AM (view original):
so a C/C- Wake Forest which needs around 4.5x more effort than A Kentucky does out effort Kentucky they shouldn't be allowed to? should wake forest never have a chance(kinda why preferences were created albiet bad ones) same distance means kentucky drops 20K and Wake forest is dropping 80-100K Kentucky always has more than 20k even with just 1 scholarship at most wake forest has 6 schollies and say 10k carryover now so 160K total say 8K FSS they have 152K assuming they drop every single dime they have Kentucky still only needs to spend around 33K to eqaul them and thats 1 scholly money for them with not a lot of FSS so Kentucky and Wake Forest drop everythig they have into a single recruit and Kentucky still has major advantage with just 1 scholly...

I do not see why Wake Forest is at fault for having 60K bonus money. And that is purely on Kentucky's coach being at fault not Wake Forest having too much conference money.

You want Kentucky to get say instead of 30K bonus money to get 56K+pool money from a F4 season? major correction in the wrong direction lol
I think its closer to 2.5 than 4.5
7/14/2016 11:57 AM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
Introducing the Smith mega power super duper conf Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.