Prepare For The Onslaught Topic

... of one and done coaches.  Looks like they are giving a free season to new owners who played the Fox College Bowl Pick 'Em.

1/18/2016 4:42 PM
Not a bad idea.  It looks like the worlds need more human coaches.
1/18/2016 5:00 PM
I am one of those owners, I've been playing HD for a while and with this free opportunity I'm going to give this a shot. From a promotional standpoint it's genius, sucker those suckers in like they did with me.
1/18/2016 6:39 PM
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 1/18/2016 6:39:00 PM (view original):
I am one of those owners, I've been playing HD for a while and with this free opportunity I'm going to give this a shot. From a promotional standpoint it's genius, sucker those suckers in like they did with me.
Welcome to GD.
1/18/2016 7:30 PM
Welcome to the game. GD is my favorite thing on WIS.
1/18/2016 10:01 PM
Awesome! The more the merrier!

I've wondered why Fox doesn't do those promos more often to generate trial.
1/18/2016 11:03 PM
There will be an onslaught of losses, coaches that are frustrated because they don't know what they are doing wrong, and exits from GD.  
           Did I say "Welcome"   ?         
1/19/2016 12:00 AM
One and dones are fine because at least a fraction of that number will actually stick around; much more damaging are the inexplicable "buy a 6 pack and leave after season 1"  owners.
1/19/2016 12:07 AM
The only problem with a influx of new coaches is when they pay no attention, do not attempt to learn and just play the game without understanding it.
1/19/2016 2:45 AM
Posted by mrfortune3 on 1/19/2016 2:45:00 AM (view original):
The only problem with a influx of new coaches is when they pay no attention, do not attempt to learn and just play the game without understanding it.
Yup.....that was me. Got killed in my first season. But I eventually learned and even stuck around. Hopefully we should be able to keep some of these new coaches around.
1/19/2016 10:06 AM
how about throwing a free season to those that have been here awhile, reward us for putting up with the BS and the "we are fixing things as we go" era of this game.
1/19/2016 1:39 PM
Posted by coejds on 1/19/2016 1:39:00 PM (view original):
how about throwing a free season to those that have been here awhile, reward us for putting up with the BS and the "we are fixing things as we go" era of this game.
Bingo.   Give this man a cigar!!!!
1/19/2016 5:33 PM
Posted by coejds on 1/19/2016 1:39:00 PM (view original):
You know how when you are married for awhile and things are simply expected of you and you get no credit for it whatsoever...
That's being a veteran coach in GD. 
1/19/2016 7:56 PM
You will get up in the middle of the night just to check how your team is doing in the first half. Then you will go back to bed wondering if you did the right changes to your game plan so you get back and go check it.

You will get up in the middle of the night during RCing to see if any of the guys that you are going after have jumped ship and you will try despertly to change them back in your favor. Then you will go back to bed wondering if you put enough money down to do the job. 

Remember that beer or whisky or what ever you are in to will help. To a point.     
1/20/2016 3:08 AM
Posted by fermor332002 on 1/20/2016 3:08:00 AM (view original):
You will get up in the middle of the night just to check how your team is doing in the first half. Then you will go back to bed wondering if you did the right changes to your game plan so you get back and go check it.

You will get up in the middle of the night during RCing to see if any of the guys that you are going after have jumped ship and you will try despertly to change them back in your favor. Then you will go back to bed wondering if you put enough money down to do the job. 

Remember that beer or whisky or what ever you are in to will help. To a point.     
And to think I was perhaps getting a little too into the game by doing exactly this. Now I know I'm not alone.
1/20/2016 7:27 AM
12 Next ▸
Prepare For The Onslaught Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.