DODGEBALL (Waitlist) - MLB114775 Topic

MLB114775

Previous commissioner SpotSell has given me the go ahead to take the reins. Much respect to him for the great job he did at the helm. This league is undoubtedly the most fun I have had on WIS since returning to the site last year. Anyway... 

Transport yourself back to the sixth grade. It's time for recess. It's time for everyone's favorite game, Dodgeball.

Overview & Alignment: This will be a 20 team league. 5 owners will be randomly selected to be captains and will each be given $100 fictitious dollars that they can use in an auction of the 15 other owners. Each captain will have 3 other owners on their team, and will place one member in each division at the time they are drafted. Captains will place themselves first, in separate divisions.

How to win: Each regular season win for each team member counts as one point. Every team that makes the playoffs adds five bonus points to their team's total. LCS winners get an additional 5 points, with the winner of the world series getting the final 10 points. The most points, as a team, wins the prize. More on the prize later.

Throwing the dodgeball: Once the season starts, we begin to throw the dodgeball. After the 3rd game of the season, the person with the worst record in the league (tie breaker is team with worst expected winning percentage) gets to throw the dodgeball. They will select someone, anyone, on another team, in the opposite league and they will tell that person that they must waive a specific player on his roster. The person who was hit, after waiving the player, may replace him with anyone he likes on the waiver wire and will then "throw the dodgeball" and hit someone else. The person has 30 hours from the time he is told to waive the player and throw the ball (note that these do not need to be done simultaneously). Also note that the player hit must be waived, but not necessarily replaced. You may not "hit" someone in the same league as yourself. You throw the dodgeball across the line - into the other league. You may not hit the person who just hit you and you may not hit a teammate.

Catching the dodgeball: When you have been hit for the the fourth time, you may declare you have “caught the dodgeball.” This declaration must be made within SIX hours of being hit. This will result in the person who threw the ball at you losing a player of your choice. That person will then have 30 hours to make the change. The person who caught the ball will then throw the ball at someone else within one hour of the catch. Note, you are allowed to catch the dodgeball only once and it does not have to be on your fourth hit. You can save it for later. If you end up losing a player because someone has caught a ball you have thrown and you consequently lose a player, that loss will count towards the four "hits" needed so that you may also catch the ball.

Penalties: If the player who has been hit has not been released and/or the ball has not been thrown after 30 hours, one point will be immediately deducted from the team's total. An additional point will be deducted every eight hours until the change is made and the ball is thrown. Note, games are not forfeit. Wins are not turned into losses and losses are not turned into wins. A point is deducted every eight hours while in violation, even if the player in question does not actually “play” in the game.

When it is your turn to throw the ball you need to do two things, first, sitemail your victim and myself so I can start the 30 hour clock. You also need to post it in the league forum for all to celebrate. You need not wait 30 hours to make the waiver move.  It actually makes things much more fun for everyone if you don't wait. 

Roster Restrictions: This league plays pretty much like a 100M TOC Advantage League, except that by the end of it your salary will be closer to 90M, of perhaps even lower.

Cap: 100M
Clones: Yes
DH: No
Trades: No
AAA: No
Injuries: On
Stadium: Any
Year Restriction: None

The Prize: To play in this league you will need to buy a $10 gift certificate. Once I set the league number I will give everyone instructions on how and where to send the Gift certificate. Just don't send it to me. The winning team will split the $200 collected, with each owner on the winning team earning a $50 GC.

In the event we need a tiebreaker: World Series Winner followed by total regular season wins followed by total regular season run differential.
1/20/2016 6:28 PM (edited)
Owners
1. ozomatli
2. chuckinrlp

3. rickysdad44
4. hersheybear

5. odalisgagne
6. spoonfed
7. yanks250125
8. dorkster

9. Malfunction
10. sjh0825

11. masterdebate
12. cholatse
13. grayfoxx
14. loyalcanuck

15. charliembg
16. tridentric
17. firesalt

18. brucenydaysp
19. gwhouse
20. dippedncrack

BOLD = team entered

Sitemail List
brucenydaysp; charliembg; cholatse; chuckinrlp; dippedncrack; dorkster; firesalt; grayfoxx; hersheybear; loyalcanuck; Malfunction; masterdebate; odalisgagne; ozomatli; rickysdad44; sjh0825; spoonfed; tridentric; yanks250125
4/24/2016 8:32 PM (edited)
One of the most fun leagues I've ever been in! I'm back ozo!
1/19/2016 3:08 PM
Great to have ya, Chuck! Welcome. Hope to see some more of the guys from last time back.
1/19/2016 3:17 PM
Count me in
1/19/2016 5:44 PM
Welcome back!
1/19/2016 7:31 PM
whoa! I didn't know we were back up. Let's get the word out to the old d-ball crew! I'm in. Most definitely in and ready to reclaim the title.

1/20/2016 12:30 PM
I'll send out a sitemail blast to the rest of the guys. We'll need some new blood this season too though, as I know some have left the site.

And HB, you can try, but I'm ready to defend it!
1/20/2016 12:42 PM (edited)
Another title defender back for more.  Count me in!

Are we sticking with 20 teams or trying to get back to 24?

1/20/2016 1:00 PM
Count me in
1/20/2016 1:48 PM
Welcome back, guys!
1/20/2016 1:59 PM
Posted by odalisgagne on 1/20/2016 1:00:00 PM (view original):
Another title defender back for more.  Count me in!

Are we sticking with 20 teams or trying to get back to 24?

If we fill quickly I'll expand it to 24. 20 was a lot of fun though. Not as many targets, everyone got hit
1/20/2016 2:06 PM
Just for reference, I'll be creating this league as the start of a new "Recurring League" so that we can see user and team records across future seasons.
1/20/2016 2:56 PM
in, of course
1/20/2016 5:53 PM
Oh, hell yes I'm back. This league is a BLAST!
1/20/2016 6:25 PM
123456 Next ▸
DODGEBALL (Waitlist) - MLB114775 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.