15-16 Season exclusive player snake draft (dead) Topic

Given the amount of time it takes to fill leagues, the time to start recruiting for a 15-16 exclusive draft league is now.  I've been in leagues like this in the past and they were great if the draft took place before WIS posted the player profiles for the year (about two weeks after the season ended).  This means that you're drafting without knowing the WIS value of players and you have to pick based on who you think will get the highest ratings. 

This is a unique league idea, and the whole point is to draft before the season stats appear.  Players are exclusive.  I've also tried to float this idea in the past and there were people who wanted to drag out the draft until they knew the stats.  That misses the whole point and is much less interesting.  I'm not willing to run a draft that takes place after the stats are out. 

Fill in here if you like to idea and want a spot.  Ideally, if we're full we can run the draft some weekend near the end of the regular season.  The usual help with proxies will be needed I'm sure.  I'm happy to be in charge.  We can work out the details together; e.g. do you want good minor leaguers, trades, max injuries set low, etc.  I'm open to suggestions.
1/21/2016 5:14 PM
I am in for this
1/21/2016 5:24 PM
I like this and am in as well.  It would be great to draft before the 15-16 players are posted
1/21/2016 5:34 PM
I'll take a team.
1/24/2016 4:19 AM
i'm in
1/24/2016 3:07 PM
That's 5 people.  It's a start.  We can at least start to talk details to save time.  My strategy to beat salary cap issues is just to set it really high;  In a modern one season league there's no way that anyone will bump up against something like a 125 million cap.  I'm also inclined to give people "great minor league" players since we'll be scraping the bottom of the 15-16 league rosters for people who played a whole season.  Having a few minor league people worth using will make it easier to fill the third and fourth lines.  I don't think we should allow the waiver wire because it means having information on the value of 15-16 players after the fact.  I don't see a problem with trades if people want that.  Injuries?
1/24/2016 6:01 PM
I'm in 
1/24/2016 6:44 PM
Good idea. I'm in
1/24/2016 7:54 PM
I'll take a team
1/26/2016 4:50 PM
Bump
2/2/2016 7:03 AM
Sure why not!
2/2/2016 2:09 PM
I'm in.

I'd vote to have a lower skill level of MLer's though.  You can exploit Great MLer's, a RW can win faceoffs at up to 70% and I think the focus should be on the new 15-16 players, not random finnish guys. just ma two cents.

I agree that trades should be on.  

Maybe cap the injuries at 2 to give a wider range of players worth using?

2/3/2016 5:10 AM (edited)
bump
2/11/2016 7:44 AM
Three quarters of the way through the season. The 15-16 draft doesn't have to happen until closer to the end of the season, but it would be nice if more people signed up. We need to allow some notice time for people to get ready for the draft.

When I've run draft leagues in the past, I randomize the names of the owners only, not the number of teams. That means that people with two teams will pick consecutively to make their lives easier. on draft weekend. In the later rounds, it's typical to allow two or three picks at once. Think you know the sim and how those salaries are assigned? Sign-up for this league.
2/20/2016 9:59 AM
I am in, I'll give WIS another chance :)
2/27/2016 1:50 AM
12 Next ▸
15-16 Season exclusive player snake draft (dead) Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.