Sorry for the delay been on "vacation" visiting friends at other colleges.  Here we go:

Start off quickly with final four predictions:

Cal Tech
mattwithanh

90 mattwithanh 27-6 12-1 10-3 5-2 14-2 9 5 5 A+ Conf Champion
NT At-large Bid
NT (Elite 8)

Already off to a good start this season Cal Tech looks primed for a deep run.  With 2 big time rebounders and 2 great perimeter threats Cal Tech has what is needed for a big run.  Depth isn't an issue with 9 upper classmen.  Already showcased talent with wins against Dickinson and a great defensive shower against Becker.  Games against N. Central and Bluffton will continue to give insight and boost the rpi/sos of Cal Tech.  Look for a record of 24-2 ish and a #1 seed being earned.

La Grange

citizenkyle2

90 citizenkyle2 15-14 4-5 10-7 1-2 7-9   34 6 A NT At-large Bid
NT (1st Round)

It's that time again, prepare for the La Grange domination hype train.  Super class is jr/so at the moment and they are already looking strong.  Kyle had an amazing 2 seasons recruiting with a so/fr class that managed to make the NT and win 15 games which is generally unheard of especially with such a tough conference.  The starting lineup has some nasty  defense and the 100 Per scoring will lead the way on offense.  A tough conference and still developing team won't quite run through the USAS, however expect at least 10-11 wins in conference so 21-5 at worst and a very high rpi/sos getting a top 2 seed depending on how the rest of the world shakes out.

Palm Beach Atlantic
bonjamesbond

90 bonjamesbond 20-13 9-4 6-7 5-2 8-8 15 20 2 A+ NT At-large Bid
NT (Final Four)

Coming off a great Final Four run last season, PBAU is undefeated and has a roster that is fully capable to return.  Labelle is a favorite SF/PF type of mine, and has been doing work this season.  The defense has been downright dirty, teams are being held to 38% shooting and under 60 ppg.  Look for PBAU to contribute to another strong post season showing by the USAS.  A 12-4 record or so should be expected and looking at 22-4 ish for PBAU, I think a top 3 seed is in order.

La Verne

chew

90 chew 21-8 8-5 12-1 1-2 12-4   42 36 B- NT At-large Bid
NT (2nd Round)

The S. Cal won't be going down without a fight this season for top conference as La Verne will be pulling their weight, in a heavy upper classmen year Chew will be looking to avoid an upset last time in this situation.  The guards are very nice with elite spd/bh/per that should carry the offense.  Two great big men will help lock down the interior, as the defense has been on point with opponents shooting 38% from 2 and 32% from 3.  The offense is currently a machine with 54% shooting and 90 ppg.  I believe the S. Cal is a tad weaker in depth and as a result La Verne will manage a conference record of 14-2 or better putting them at 24-2ish and a top 2 seed.

FIRST TEAM AA's

PG David Holloman
SG Antione Hughes
SF Buford Weston
PF Alexander Bowser
C Alfred Johnson
1/25/2016 3:07 PM (edited)
Thanks for the write up, the0nly! These threads always make Knight world feel special. 
1/25/2016 6:31 PM
I like La Verne, California Tech, PBAU, La Grange as well. However I think it's highly unlikely that all four manage to get seeded in different brackets and avoid knocking off each other so I would toss in Webster and Becker as alternate candidates depending on seeding and my dark horse pick would be Whittier.
1/25/2016 11:38 PM
Man, Cal Tech held Becker to just 36 points. That's got to be one of the lowest point totals ever for Becker. Not easy to do against a good team and elite coach. Glad I don't have to play CIT. matt's team holding opponents to 37% FG and just 29% from the three.
1/25/2016 11:48 PM
I like Kyle, but I doubt La Grange goes to the final four. His team is not the same caliber as his well known NT winners from some season ago. Here are my prédictions for the final four, just to challenge the Only.

Manchester - I have to go with my conference, Mattster24. That team is passing the ball like crazy.

New York U. Trenton Joe, building on his heartbreaking loss in the NT game.

La Verne, Chew and probably my favorite to win it all.

Christopher Newport Darnoc, pretty Young but trying the upset final four bid right off the start. That team is about to become a nightmare though, right when La Grange will peak, Darnoc's team will be hell.
1/26/2016 8:22 AM
Yeah if you project out to next season we might have multiple title contenders again in our league. USAS is where it's at!
1/26/2016 10:38 AM
The USA is probably the best conf again from top to bottom but I think the F4 will go elsewhere.....Manchester, Cal Tech, LaVerne, & my surprise pick in Montclair St.. Montclaire St. has 4 guys with 75+ pas and another nearly 70 & 60. 5 Bh's of 60+ and nearly 7. strong per play, team rebounding and solid speed will help overcome an avg def! 
1/26/2016 12:27 PM
Gallaudet is always a strong zone team as well and he may have what it takes this season too
1/26/2016 12:30 PM
thanks for all the kind words about my Cal Tech team.  I'm fairly new to HD so I am pretty excited to have put together this team and maybe get  to my first final four.  Thanks for the write up to 0nly and everybody who chimes in with their 2 cents, this is one of my favorite aspects of Knight.
1/26/2016 7:02 PM
Posted by mattwithanh on 1/26/2016 7:02:00 PM (view original):
thanks for all the kind words about my Cal Tech team.  I'm fairly new to HD so I am pretty excited to have put together this team and maybe get  to my first final four.  Thanks for the write up to 0nly and everybody who chimes in with their 2 cents, this is one of my favorite aspects of Knight.
I also love seeing Cal Tech better than when they were in my hands :) they've been fortunate to have kbc->me->you very lucky coaching track.

Glad everyone loves, I will make up for being late the past few times and make sure to get the next one done right on time haha :D
1/26/2016 7:41 PM (edited)
Posted by zorzii on 1/26/2016 8:22:00 AM (view original):
I like Kyle, but I doubt La Grange goes to the final four. His team is not the same caliber as his well known NT winners from some season ago. Here are my prédictions for the final four, just to challenge the Only.

Manchester - I have to go with my conference, Mattster24. That team is passing the ball like crazy.

Christopher Newport Darnoc, pretty Young but trying the upset final four bid right off the start. That team is about to become a nightmare though, right when La Grange will peak, Darnoc's team will be hell.
NYU won't get out of the 2nd round this season(sorry tj) playing way over there talent level right now against bad competition they will finish like 28-2 or something however.

I have manchester the odd man out looking in at #5 went with La Grange over Manchester in my picks.

I'm excited for the Cal Tech La Verne battle imo it will determine who the favorite for the NC is.

CNU and La Grange are both very good and still young will be fun to see since they play each other first game of conference play.

Season looks really good so far, wonder who well surprise.

@taggl I saw Montclair, but Im generally pretty wary of projecting newer coaches unless they really do have absurdly talented teams.

1/26/2016 7:40 PM (edited)
We are definitely over-rated right now at #7 or whatever we're ranked.  Conference play will be interesting while I continue to change offenses.  I think youth + new offense = 2nd round exit for us....but I'd love for Zorzii to be right!
1/26/2016 10:00 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 1/26/2016 7:40:00 PM (view original):

NYU won't get out of the 2nd round this season(sorry tj) playing way over there talent level right now against bad competition they will finish like 28-2 or something however.

I have manchester the odd man out looking in at #5 went with La Grange over Manchester in my picks.

I'm excited for the Cal Tech La Verne battle imo it will determine who the favorite for the NC is.

CNU and La Grange are both very good and still young will be fun to see since they play each other first game of conference play.

@taggl I saw Montclair, but Im generally pretty wary of projecting newer coaches unless they really do have absurdly talented teams.

I think this is one of the best teams I have had in awhile, 35-0, monster trucker!
1/27/2016 7:57 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 1/27/2016 7:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 1/26/2016 7:40:00 PM (view original):

I think this is one of the best teams I have had in awhile, 35-0, monster trucker!
better than the last 3 seasons?
1/27/2016 10:03 PM
<br />
Yeah, we traded a little offense for defense this season....I really like this team.<br type="_moz" />
1/27/2016 10:18 PM
12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.