Don't sleep on La Grange going all the way this season. 
1/28/2016 10:10 AM
Are you trying to reverse jinx me, kbc? :-) I appreciate the confidence from you and the0nly, but making the F4 is a tall order in any season, and I don’t know if this team will quite be there. I think I’d be happy with an E8 appearance this season, and I’d expect to at least make the F4 next season. But hey, I hope you are right, kbc!
1/28/2016 1:55 PM
Well your guys will be battle tested before the tournament, that's for sure.
1/28/2016 9:18 PM
I guess I havent jinxed you yet, kyle! #2 in the nation. Back to your "average". 
1/29/2016 2:15 PM
I'm going to throw in PBAU to the national conversation this season too. I'm not sure bon gets enough credit for how good his teams are when they're good. 
1/29/2016 2:15 PM
Let’s check in at the halfway point in the season and see how the0nly’s F4 predictions are looking.

Cal Tech - #1 Rank, #1 RPI, #2 Proj. 16-1, 4-1 v. Top 25. Without a one-point OT loss against #8 La Verne, Cal Tech would be undefeated. They are shooting almost 45% from three, despite triples making up almost half their shot attempts, and have a dominant 24 point average margin of victory against the #1 SOS. They play in the very tough S. Cal conf, so there are plenty of challenging games to go, but looking strong at the halfway point.

La Grange - #2 Rank, #3 RPI, #1 Proj, 17-0, 5-0 v. Top 25. I’m surprised this team is playing as well as it is, and fear an NT disappointment, but so far so good. 29 point average margin of victory against a respectable SOS (#14) and somehow still undefeated in the USA South, with nice margins on both fouls and TOs. However, in the USA South gauntlet, a loss is always just around the corner.

Palm Beach Atlantic - #16 Rank, #25 RPI, #17 Proj, 15-2, 3-1 v. Top 25. PBAU isn’t performing quite up to the standards of the top teams, but they are not far behind. They only have two losses, and one of them was to #2 La Grange. With a strong FG% differential, and a veteran coach, no reason to think they can’t put it all together and make a deep NT run.

La Verne - #8 Rank, #6 RPI, #6 Proj, 16-2, 2-1 vs. Top 25. Amazing FG% (and 3FG%) differentials, and 23 point average margin of victory against a good SOS (#24) are the headlines for this team. With a strong foul margin as well, this team could give Press teams fits in the NT.

Verdict: With 3 of his F4 picks in the top 6 of the Proj Report, the0nly has to be happy with his picks thus far. Meanwhile, the USA South and S. Cal are neck-and-neck for the top conf spot, with only the slimmest of RPI margins separating them.
1/31/2016 7:33 PM (edited)
It looks like SoCal, Heartland, & USA all could get 7 bids with USA having a couple more really close. I agree with KB and Kyle that USA is the top dog again but SoCal is close enough to overtake you guys for the conf rpi with a strong NT showing.
2/2/2016 2:35 PM
Colorado looks like team that could go far as well.
2/2/2016 6:58 PM
A lot of elite teams at the top this season nationally. Interesting to see what happens when they face off in post season.

USA South last year had 3 clear cut final 4 caliber teams (4 as it turns out). This season I think it's a lot more parity. Just cannabilaziation of each other (except for La Grange). So that probably hurts the overall RPI a bit. But might yield more bids than last year.
2/2/2016 8:23 PM
Damn I thought I was going to get the Lake Erie sim but the hd shuffled some teams around. The Heartland & SoCal each got 7 teams. LaGrange and Colorado is an interesting match up if they would meet and so is a possible Gallaudet  Vs LaGrange. Manchester has to have the toughest road of the 1 seeds. Gets the 16 seeded CSU team that played in a tough conf. Other possible match ups in Becker, CNU, Montclaire St., & Whittier. OUCH! The West looks pretty top heavy too. I'm hoping for a Manchester win but going to take Cal Tech to cut 'em down. GL everybody!
2/7/2016 7:02 PM
All I can say is

Ouch for the South part of the NT... Truly tough.

I can see La Grange and Manchester going to the final four. Will remain with La Verne... and the South is wide open.
2/7/2016 11:22 PM
Link

La Grange - Whitter - Cal Tech - La Verne

La Grange - La Verne

La Verne

Sadly La Grange(can't help but root for my La Grange brother) comes up 1 game short I felt La Verne had the better combo of offense and defense whereas La Grange has an amazing defense but not enough offense besides Nisbet to win.  I predict 65-61 for La Verne.  The x-factor however in this game is rebounding La Grange is not that strong whereas La Verne has 3 90ish rebound big men giving chew a few more FGA that seal the deal.

Whittier is my "dark horse" pick, they really don't have a great track record in the NT and their schedule hurt them for seeding but I think the roster is really talented to pull off a big run relying heavily on Lee and Bowser to lead the way which they are fully capable of.
2/8/2016 12:08 AM
NYU
Palm Beach Atlantic
Manchester
La Grange

Those are my final 4 picks. Two teams from the best conference in Knight will make it.
2/8/2016 12:59 AM
Posted by kbc167 on 2/8/2016 12:59:00 AM (view original):
NYU
Palm Beach Atlantic
Manchester
La Grange

Those are my final 4 picks. Two teams from the best conference in Knight will make it.
l like this one....Seriously, LaGrange and Manchester are the two favorites in my book.
2/8/2016 8:50 AM
And Manchester upset by Becker in the 2nd round. I guess that shows my predictive power. Never can count out Becker with that zone. Webster went down too. Two one seeds before the Sweet 16?!
2/8/2016 4:57 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.