D.E.A.L. commentary thread Topic

It's not on a roster list it is in commentary...and the player IS un drafted.
2/5/2016 1:43 AM
Posted by jbar8888 on 2/5/2016 1:43:00 AM (view original):
I looked over everything last night and didn't see anything.  Really curious to see who was offsides. Will you tell us once the player is drafted jbar?
2/5/2016 11:11 AM
Posted by kyleb63 on 2/5/2016 11:11:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jbar8888 on 2/5/2016 1:43:00 AM (view original):
I looked over everything last night and didn't see anything.  Really curious to see who was offsides. Will you tell us once the player is drafted jbar?
jbar is right - there was definitely a party foul in one of the posts.
2/5/2016 11:54 AM
Proof that batting order does matter in the SIM.  I'm using 1994 Jeff Bagwell & 1997 Larry Walker in my HOF Ballot theme league, and they started out hitting #4 & #3 respectively which produced horrid results.

I flip flopped them after about 5 games & Walker is now slugging 1.000 & Bagwell is hitting .452.  Bags in the 3 hole where he belongs!
2/6/2016 2:14 AM
C - Joe Torre
1B - Jason Giambi
2B - Tony Phillips
3B - David Wright
SS - Rico Petrocelli
OF - Earl Averill
OF - Paul Waner
OF -
DH - Harry Heilman

SP - Russ Ford
SP - Pete Alexander
SP - Jake Arrieta
P - Wade Davis
P- Elmer Steele
P- Jake McGee
P- Mark Eichhorn
P-
P-

Started shoring up my bullpen, but got scooped one pick away on Hon Chi Kuo. I was gonna double him up with Wade Davis. Would have been filthy. So I took Steele to give me dead ball pitcher innings in middle relief. The double pick rounds also made me change strategy a little when I realized there was no way a good third baseman was getting back to me. So I grabbed David Wright over another couple of choices because I've had solid success with him in high cap leagues.
2/6/2016 9:05 AM (edited)
Posted by Got_Worms on 2/7/2016 12:11:00 PM (view original):
Team #1 aptly named: Iron Horse
Home games played at Rogers Centre in Toronto, ON

C -  JAVY LOPEZ
1B - LOU GEHRIG
2B - EDGARDO ALFONZO
3B - AL ROSEN
SS - JAY BELL
OF - LARRY WALKER
OF - BRADY ANDERSON
OF - GOOSE GOSLIN
DH - HAL TROSKY
RESERVE -
RESERVE -
RESERVE -
RESERVE -
RESERVE
SP - DWIGHT "DOC" GOODEN
SP - DON SUTTON
SP - FRANK OWEN
SP - MORT COOPER
SP - 
RP - JR RICHARD
RP - KEN GILES
RP - GEORGE McQUILLAN
RP - AARON SANCHEZ
RP -
RP - 
The lineup is set and the pitching staff is rounding into form.  The lineup is definitely leaning left.  No snarky political barbs!

Javy Lopez will act as a second cleanup hitter.  Trying to break up the string of LH batters should help neutralize the effects of a LOOGY.  We shall see if the SIM agrees!

1)  Brady Anderson - CF
2)  Edgardo Alfonzo - 2B
3)  Lou Gehrig - 1B
4)  Larry Walker - RF
5)  Al Rosen - 3B
6)  Hal Trosky - DH
7)  Jay Bell - SS
8)  Goose Goslin - LF
9)  Javy Lopez - C
2/7/2016 1:09 PM
BTW I love the fact that I am sitting in York Harbor, Maine and Got Worms is just outside Seattle, Washington and we are drafting together in the same league.
2/7/2016 1:26 PM
Lake Forest, CA here
2/7/2016 1:37 PM
Posted by ejstockman on 2/7/2016 1:26:00 PM (view original):
BTW I love the fact that I am sitting in York Harbor, Maine and Got Worms is just outside Seattle, Washington and we are drafting together in the same league.
I'm in Manhattan Beach, CA.  If roadhouse is in Vero Beach, that makes four corners!
2/7/2016 1:38 PM
Posted by patco_1981 on 2/7/2016 1:37:00 PM (view original):
Lake Forest, CA here
My sister in law lived there while getting her PHD at UC Irvine.  Great town.
2/7/2016 1:39 PM
Encinitas CA here...just north of San Diego for reference.
2/7/2016 2:51 PM
Posted by kyleb63 on 2/7/2016 1:38:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ejstockman on 2/7/2016 1:26:00 PM (view original):
I'm in Manhattan Beach, CA.  If roadhouse is in Vero Beach, that makes four corners!
That's pretty cool.  One day, maybe we could all get together in a sports bar somewhere and talk both real life and WIS sports.
2/7/2016 3:43 PM
I am sure that would be hysterical. All ages, all walks of life, all regions of the country.
2/7/2016 3:48 PM
Bedford nh
2/7/2016 7:18 PM
Berkeley Heights, NJ
2/7/2016 7:46 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸
D.E.A.L. commentary thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.