D.E.A.L. commentary thread Topic

Silver King was the #1 guy on my board. ej doesn't need to take another pitcher for 5 or 6 rounds if he wants. So much flexibility either way. Agreed that it's tough to argue against the only pitcher with 300+ IP and a WHIP under .80 though.
4/19/2016 12:31 PM
Should we move this to a new thread?
4/19/2016 1:10 PM
I would never argue with Silver King. I didn't pick him in a $120 mil league
and may end up regretting it
4/19/2016 1:54 PM
THE DRAFT is MOVING.......................
4/19/2016 7:28 PM
The draft is moving indeed!

My team is shaping up nicely. Although I lost out on Albert Pujols last round Willie McCovey & Hank Greenberg were nice consolation prizes!

Bryce Harper might hit leadoff on this team.

C -
1B - Willie McCovey
2B -
3B - Mike Schmidt
SS -
OF - Bryce Harper
OF -
OF -
DH - Hank Greenberg
SP - Sandy Koufax
SP - Bob Gibson
SP -
SP -
RP -
4/26/2016 9:28 AM
I agree with ozomatli's post above about Silver King. I kinda did the same thing with John Clarkson. 900 innings, a sub 2 ERA and a .95 WHIP....freed me up a LOT to draft offensive guys for the next six rounds. I'll probably do a Clarkson and Joss/Ford tandem rotation (Clarkson, Joss, Clarkson, Ford, Clarkson, etc). Now because of getting away with just three starters, I have all offensive positions filled except one OF and a DH. Probably go relief pitching for the next 3 or 4 rounds now.
5/1/2016 8:07 PM
Good thing you picked Target Field, amerk. Clarkson has a weakness for the long ball
5/1/2016 8:50 PM
Just wanted to offer a tip to the newbies this season. In season one, I had four starters of recent vintage, who would only go 6 or so innings almost every start. I had a combine 1600 or so innings for my staff, thinking that was above average for a typical open league, but with this league, and my starters being pulled early very often, my bullpen was taxed and tired almost all season long. It's tough to have a pen in this league with most guys who combine for 50-60 innings a year. LONG relief is WAY more important than you may be used to.
5/1/2016 9:56 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
D.E.A.L. commentary thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.