Newton... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Never knew he was Canadian, though ("LABOUR")
2/3/2016 5:23 PM
Posted by willgibson on 2/3/2016 4:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 2/3/2016 12:58:00 PM (view original):
That's not to say that racism is not pervasive in our society.  It is.  But not every incident that the RACIST!!! mongers get their panties all bunched up about actually is racist in nature.  Trying to find racism, and screaming out with hashtag slogans that will trend on Twitter (#BlackLivesMatter), where it doesn't actually exist does not help society move forward.  It just keeps us stuck in the mud, spinning our wheels.
Protip -- if you are talking about people playing the race card all the time and linking disparate selective events into a rather strident commentary and employing a tone like you need to unclench your sphincter, you probably need to "change the channel" in PR speak. 

Here's an example of how you and Mike could have avoided looking like idiots in this thread. 

Mike/tecwrg: "I don't like Cam Newton because he dances too much after getting first downs."

That's all. I would have left Mike alone. I might have been amused because I know he's absolutely miserable about Newton's success after spending much of his career poormouthing him as a quarterback and, for the first part of it, telling stinenavy and myself how Tebow was the better player and human being.

Instead, Mike goes ahead and puts forward an eye-bleedingly stupid theory that suggests Newton or somebody is trying squelch his critics by suggesting they are racists. Sorry, RACISTS!!!! And as I previously stated, a quick search on something called Google would demonstrate that's patently not true.

Instead you are now doubling down on this idea by conflating social media campaigns about much, much different topics - diversity in the Oscar nominations and reaction to police killings of unarmed African Americans - to a mythical campaign of trying to stifle criticism. The only person who's tried to do that in this thread is actually MikeT23, an irony apparently lost on you.

Anyway, I'm done dispensing free advice. I'm available to consult on a hourly rate but would require a $10,000 US retainer in advance as I expect  you might need more than the usual PR triage or image makeover.
*******.  You are so staggeringly full of yourself and condescending, you're not even worth responding to. 
2/3/2016 7:27 PM
To put a cap on this thread, it went pretty much as expected.   If you don't like Newton, there HAS to be a racial element to it.    Much like Obama as he ran his first campaign.   It's just not possible that you could dislike their antics or policy, it's just because of their skin color.

FWIW, I find it amusing that Cam says "It's not about black and white" after he states "People are afraid of me because I'm a black QB."    He could see some time as a DB in the Super Bowl with that sort of backpedaling skills. 

2/5/2016 8:22 AM
Cam is awesome.   And annoying.    Neither have anything to do with skin color.
2/5/2016 9:48 AM
There's enough racism in this world without people working to create it where it doesn't exist. IMO, those people are just as bad as the actual racists.

Like DeMarcus Cousins. "Wait, we're celebrating the Chinese new year with monkey shirts because it's their year of the monkey? But some people use monkey as a racial term! IF YOU HAND THOSE SHIRTS OUT, YOU"RE RACIST!!"

People like that should be punched in the face. And no, not because he's black. Because he's an idiot.
2/5/2016 10:35 AM
Posted by Jtpsops on 2/5/2016 10:35:00 AM (view original):
There's enough racism in this world without people working to create it where it doesn't exist. IMO, those people are just as bad as the actual racists.

Like DeMarcus Cousins. "Wait, we're celebrating the Chinese new year with monkey shirts because it's their year of the monkey? But some people use monkey as a racial term! IF YOU HAND THOSE SHIRTS OUT, YOU"RE RACIST!!"

People like that should be punched in the face. And no, not because he's black. Because he's an idiot.
As you know, I seldom agree with you. In this case I do.  This is a case where Newton brought it up.   "I'm an African-American QB and people are afraid of me because of it."    That's not really the case.   Newton is a QB on a Super Bowl team and, right now, only Denver fans are afraid of him.   Because he's became a good QB instead of a petulant child pouting on the sidelines.   And he's running from that statement like it's on fire now.   Personally, I think because he's an attention whore, he knew that would get him the most attention.   Which is silly because Super Bowl QBs who are likely to be MVP get plenty of attention.   But, if it gets him another endorsement, good for him.

I don't even get the Cousins thing.   If you believe in evolution, we were all monkeys.   And it's a t-shirt celebrating the Chinese New Year(I don't get that promotion but it's a free t-shirt).   It's not a t-shirt saying "Cousins is a monkey."

2/5/2016 12:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9|10...13 Next ▸
Newton... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.