Red Sox Tournament Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
It doesn't matter where he shows up in the draft center. You can play him wherever you want
4/17/2016 10:10 PM
Yeah, I know that. The problem appears to be that I have an illegal roster since the first 12 position player spots are not occupied in my draft center (I've had this problem happen before with a draft) and, as a result, I am unable to choose a park and team name until I get it resolved.
4/17/2016 10:18 PM
Yea I know what you mean, it was going to happen to me too, if you selected players out your "que" it put them in their primary position slot or bench if that spot was already filled, I noticed it fairly early and just started picking players from the slot I wanted instead of the que. That would be sweet if they could fix that because otherwise it's flawless, maybe they could add a pop up that asked you what spot you'd like the player put in.
4/18/2016 12:10 AM
simisox - You should be all set.

Eight of you have shared your draft analysis so far. We're still targeting Tuesday to publish a draft recap article on FOXSports.com, so please post your analysis here if you haven't yet done so.
4/18/2016 9:48 AM

1. Best pick-1981 Dwight Evans (4th Rd, 79th overall)-Deweeeeeyyyy! Always loved the guy. In this strike shortened season, he amassed a 6.7 WAR in 2/3 of a season. Gonna try his excellent defense in CF and enjoy that 163 OPS+.
2. Worst pick-1977 Jim Rice (12th rd, 239)- Not that I don’t appreciate a league leading 382 total bases, 3rd most in Sox history. But, as the draft unfolded, it became apparent that Big Jim Ed might be only my RH DH, and the 12th round is way too early for that weak side platoon.
3. Biggest Steal-in rounds 22 and 23, I took a couple of deadball pitchers,1916 Dutch Leonard (2.36 FIP, 5.0 WAR in 289 IP) and 1912 Ray Collins (2.95 FIP, 5.4 WAR in 213 IP) Both LHs will get a chance to earn swingman duties and limit the damage done by all the great LH hitters in Sox history.
4. Prediction-Who knows? It all depends on how those starters fare, Wood, Mays and Clemens. Platooning at 6 spots on offense will help to make my offense effective no matter who starts for the opponent, hoping for 88+ wins and sneak into the postseason. Giddyup!

4/19/2016 12:10 AM (edited)
I am a rookie in this sim. I have no clue but I will spit something out...... BEST, 15th overall Cy Young 1902....1.05 whip and a tonne of innings, 3rd highest pitcher salary has to count for something...... WORST...Round 19, pick 375, Carlton Fisk 1976...hate his BA and OBP for a starter, held off too long to pick a catcher, he does have an arm...... STEAL??...Round 20, pick 386, Al Zarilla 1950....325 BA and 423 OBP, good numbers for my platoon OF who will have close to a full season of at bats....... I have to guess that I will have a losing record based solely on my rookie gm skills, for some reason I can feel a season of pain. Not sure if my choice to draft my bullpen as early as I did was a good idea.
4/18/2016 10:15 PM
So What happens now? when does the league move into pre-season where we set lineups etc...?!?!?
4/19/2016 9:35 AM
We need all of the teams to choose a name and stadium before the season officially commences.
4/19/2016 11:35 AM
Admin, it looks like there are a few people posting in the draft chat about having issues with their name/stadium due to not having filled in the first 9 roster slots. Might be worth doing a sweep just to make sure no one else is having those issues
4/19/2016 12:17 PM
We think all of the lineup issues are resolved so we should be ready to roll just as soon as the last team or two select a name and stadium.
4/19/2016 1:06 PM
We still need hoopcoach07 and 666ace to select a team name and stadium before the league can begin.

Since we'd like the draft recap article to include links to each team's roster, we'll hold off until tomorrow to publish that. If you haven't yet submitted an analysis of your picks and would like to do so, you've still got time.
4/19/2016 4:11 PM
All anyone has to do during a draft like that when the AI puts them in their starting role and your using him in another is to draft a backup guy at that position that was left empty then he will fill that spot temperorarily till you can change your lineup. OR just draft a guy that really goes at the original position and quit trying to use a Howard Johnson, which I have always thought was ridiculous he can catch at a secondary postion at almost 1,000%, Just sayin...
4/19/2016 4:11 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
Red Sox Tournament Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.