Red Sox Tournament Topic

Posted by jeburnett on 4/19/2016 4:11:00 PM (view original):
All anyone has to do during a draft like that when the AI puts them in their starting role and your using him in another is to draft a backup guy at that position that was left empty then he will fill that spot temperorarily till you can change your lineup. OR just draft a guy that really goes at the original position and quit trying to use a Howard Johnson, which I have always thought was ridiculous he can catch at a secondary postion at almost 1,000%, Just sayin...
HoJo will field at that great a rate, sure, but he'll be near the top of the league in "-" plays.
4/19/2016 8:50 PM
It appears everyone has now selected a team name and stadium. The process to initiate the league will run this afternoon.
4/20/2016 11:03 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
"Unconstructive"

Mr. Pot, I'd like you to meet Mr. Kettle.
4/20/2016 12:33 PM
Check out the Red Sox draft recap article: http://www.foxsports.com/whatifsports/mlb/story/all-time-boston-red-sox-league-draft-recap-042016

Thanks for the insightful comments and good luck to all of our owners!
4/20/2016 4:45 PM
no probs!
4/20/2016 9:14 PM
Dang. I never knew this commentary was happening. Was watching for it in the draft chat. Missed it all.
4/21/2016 12:17 AM
Bagchucker, should change your name to BagTroller...
4/21/2016 11:16 AM
right, because I never want what's best for the baseball sim
4/21/2016 3:35 PM
We're approaching the All-Star break (May 18th) of the Red Sox league and are planning another article with standings and statistical leaders. We'd again like input from league members. Please use this thread to share one takeaway from the first half of the season and one prediction for the second half. We'll target next Thursday (May 19th) to publish, so please share any time before then. Thanks!
5/12/2016 11:52 AM
Observation: The league is clearly weighted towards hitters. The Red Sox have a stronger history with hitting than pitching, and it's evident so far. The average league ERA is very high. This is likely exacerbated by a high percentage of the top hitters being left handed and a low percentage of the top pitchers being left handed. Lefty hitters are cleaning up while righty pitchers are mainly struggling outside of the elites. As predicted, teams that focused on stopping HRs and XBHs are also seeing success due to the limited ballpark choices.

Prediction: The first half has been very surprising but I'm not expecting much to change the rest of the way. The entire AL is within 4 or 5 games of each other, so one surprise may be who makes the playoffs, as it may come down to the very last day
5/12/2016 1:40 PM
Also, one other observation is that Admin is in last place :)
5/12/2016 1:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12|13 Next ▸
Red Sox Tournament Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.