Can't leave on a better note than that Topic

So, I just wanted to say thanks for the memories to everyone. Those who are still competing with me in DII Yost have known that I was planning to hanging up at the end of this season.

Well, that season culminated with one of my big goals as well, the first ever National Title for Missouri-Rolla in any world. I took over that team specifically because the team in Yost had never won a CC in addition to their lack of title in any world.

I am not leaving because I don't like the game. I am leaving because I don't have the time I once did. I am happy with my accomplishments. Enjoyed the hell out of DII in the second run, which was always my favorite level.

In all 5800-1321 with 169 CC and 26 National Titles.

Never been the absolute best, but I have had my share of success.

I will screw it up if I try to mention everyone who I ever played with. I will say that my biggest regret is that at some point while playing at Division IA in the first run with Florida and Alabama, my friendship with dwhit34 got strained. That sucked, and mostly drove me away from the game. Hopefully, I can get to New Orleans and see David in person at some point.

On the second run, a big thanks to awags, mojolad, jasonfreeman, rblank, polarsi and columbusbuck for making it more fun.

Biggest shout out to jjl58 who said some advice to me early in my second run of DII that helped me develop my 3-4 defense that is the reason for this last and many of my titles.

Thanks for the memories.

Dubs

P.S. Keep throwing deep.

2/6/2016 6:19 PM
Congrats Dubs and good luck. Without you around there will be a shortage of people for me to ridicule. If you ever feel like coming back and playing in an entire world that resembles our Lone Star Conference in Leahy, Wilkinson will be waiting for you. Happy trails.
Chris
2/6/2016 7:04 PM
Dubs you may not remember this but many moons ago in my first run with wis I sitemailed you with some basic questions that I had no clue about. I was just starting out and you had plenty of success. You were kind and very generous in your response and helped me get a grasp on what I was doing. When I came back we played a few seasons together at the d2 level and I felt it was a great accomplishment to actually beat you once.

You have been a great competitor and ambassador for this game. You will be missed. And on a personal level I wish you nothing but the best.
2/6/2016 7:11 PM
When I first started one of the great threads was the one about your quest for a D-III NC in Warner. Thanks for everything...
2/6/2016 7:33 PM
Oh and before you go if you'd like to sitemail me some tips I'd be up for it. Especially in regards to the 3-4.
2/6/2016 8:31 PM
Dubs, may you be happy and healthy !
        And Thanks for the fun battles in d2 Yost.

2/6/2016 9:41 PM
Best of luck man, it is always tough to see one of the legends leave the game. I wish the best for you and yours!
2/6/2016 10:18 PM
Posted by hookemhorns7 on 2/6/2016 10:18:00 PM (view original):
Best of luck man, it is always tough to see one of the legends leave the game. I wish the best for you and yours!
+1, later Dubs
2/7/2016 12:21 AM
GL Dubs.
2/13/2016 11:53 PM
Can't leave on a better note than that Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.