15-16 Player Watch Topic

This season thoughts on players for the draft/open leagues

Steph Curry- Even better than last year, eFG , Rebounding and Usage are up.  Assists are down but so is the TO%

Lebron- A down year by Lebron’s standards better years available

Kevin Durant- Comes back with another great year but not as good 12-13 or 13-14 just based upon minutes played

Dwight Howard- Rebounding and defense consistent as usual but not putting up as many shots this year so usage is way down

Kawhi Leonard- Having an very good year and much better scorer.  TO% is an insanely low 8.1 with eFG going way up.  This year could supplant his 13-14 year in the draft leagues

Tim Duncan- He’s older now, not playing as many minutes but still very effective.  Of course there are better years to use..

Chris Paul- Having a good year but not as good as prior years

DeAndre Jordan- Another stud rebounding year but last year was better.  What happened to his larger role of a scorer? Usage only up slightly

Blake Griffin- A great scoring year for Blake is 98% plus at SF could be draft league worthy but he’s even play worse defense?  Is that possible!?

Draymond Green- Another point forward or SF if % is there.  29% assist (WIS will nerf that) and with much better scoring in regards to eFG.  Defensive looks a little down but if elected to all defense won’t matter and TOs are up.  All in all his stock should improve in the draft leagues

Klay Thompson- In terms of WIS he’s Reggie Miller who plays D.  Well he’s doesn’t get to the line as much but you get what I mean.  Could be better than last season but we will see.

Hassan Whiteside- The next 2nd round beast rebounder/defender, if he gets enough minutes.  12/31 rebounding with 11% blocks!?  Shoots well too at a 19.5% usage.  TO% is a little high but that’s to be expected

Anthony Davis- Could the $30m a year effecting his play?  Good year but not as good as last year

Andre Drummond- Another great year, all depends upon what WIS gives as his D

James Harden- Good year but not as good as the last two

Paul George- Good to see him back at full strength, could be a draftable player.  Depends upon how his eFG and D shakes out.

Rudy Gobert- Good year but last year is better

Enes Kantor- He’s finally putting it together having a great year.  Minutes are a little low but could replace Amare Stoudemire as a late round scoring big man. Excellent rebounding especially offensive

Karl Anthony-Towns- Very impressive rookie year putting up strong rebounding numbers 10/28 and good usage and scoring.  Plays D as well, could be another late round scoring big man

2/7/2016 11:49 AM (edited)
Boogie Cousins - 35% usage + sub 45% shooting 
2/7/2016 3:10 PM
Posted by superrobb420 on 2/7/2016 3:10:00 PM (view original):
Boogie Cousins - 35% usage + sub 45% shooting 
Yep Elgin Baylor like
2/7/2016 3:19 PM
what do you think greens center eff number will be
2/8/2016 8:57 AM
Posted by ysw128 on 2/8/2016 8:57:00 AM (view original):
I'm guessing 100
2/8/2016 9:25 AM
Posted by superrobb420 on 2/8/2016 9:25:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ysw128 on 2/8/2016 8:57:00 AM (view original):
I'm guessing 100
Actually talking about his small forward effective is number if its 97 or above it will make a much more draftable. As far as what WIS will do I have no idea. Center or otherwise
2/8/2016 9:48 AM
would he have 20 assist % as a center. would he work for center in an open league state farm team.
2/8/2016 10:08 AM
Posted by ysw128 on 2/8/2016 10:08:00 AM (view original):
would he have 20 assist % as a center. would he work for center in an open league state farm team.
I would say definitely 100% at PF. But not sure about center.
2/8/2016 10:06 PM
Durant with less minutes actually makes him more usable in a greater number of leagues... I mean, at his current pace, he's around 2700 minutes.  That'll be in the mid/high $7m to low $8m range.  Worth drafting in the 1st round of the ODL or the funk52?  No, but as you say, the 12-13 & 13-14 seasons are.  Worth using in almost any other league?  Hell yes.

Think about it... 15-16 Durant with 14-15 Durant backing him up will probably be around 3600 minutes at just under $10m.  That's efficiently spending your salary... you're getting way more bang for your buck than any of his other seasons.

2/8/2016 10:23 PM (edited)
Posted by ashamael on 2/8/2016 10:23:00 PM (view original):
Durant with less minutes actually makes him more usable in a greater number of leagues... I mean, at his current pace, he's around 2700 minutes.  That'll be in the mid/high $7m to low $8m range.  Worth drafting in the 1st round of the ODL or the funk52?  No, but as you say, the 12-13 & 13-14 seasons are.  Worth using in almost any other league?  Hell yes.

Think about it... 15-16 Durant with 14-15 Durant backing him up will probably be around 3600 minutes at just under $10m.  That's efficiently spending your salary... you're getting way more bang for your buck than any of his other seasons.

Actually very good point Ash
2/9/2016 7:50 AM
We should start a letter writing campaign to get steph on the all defensive team so he becomes LeBron level dominant.
2/26/2016 9:17 PM
Holy crap, I can't wait to try '15-'16 Curry in the sim. Looks like he'll break Wilt's record for PER? Will he be the most expensive player by $/min in the game?
2/28/2016 12:53 AM
no. Minutes play into the salary in a non-linear equation. So a lot of those older players that played 3500, 3600 & even more minutes costs way more than they should. Curry will probably be between $8m & $8.5m with about 2750 minutes (assuming everything stays the course for the last 25 games).
2/28/2016 5:15 AM
Thanks for reminding me of that! I didn't know how much inflation there was though as minutes go up, but if players are more expensive the more they play, then it seems like the most efficient strategy would be piecing together partial player seasons, particularly b/c none of these dudes have egos to hurt!
2/28/2016 1:35 PM
Here's a challenge for trivia buffs:

Steph Curry broke the season 3-pt makes record yesterday on February 27th. When was the last time that an NBA season record for a major stat was set in February? ...or, what was the fewest number of games needed for a player to break an NBA single season record? (I wonder how many games Wilt needed to break the then current record for points that year he averaged 50.)
2/28/2016 1:48 PM
123456 Next ▸
15-16 Player Watch Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.