When to put an injured player back in Topic

Do most of you wait till the player is back 100% 90%? Has anyone put a player back in and him get hurt worse?
2/11/2016 8:18 AM
I've played guys with 80% health and been ok.

Now if you have promises out to the player, the player will expect to play when he's at 60% health.  In other words if the player is below 60% for 3 games then he'll expect his promises to count for the other 23 games and not the 3 he's < 60%.
2/11/2016 8:56 AM
I normally go 80%. I have never had a player reinjured.
2/11/2016 11:57 AM
I don't think putting an injured player into the game increases his likelihood of getting reinjured, but I could be wrong there.
2/11/2016 12:29 PM
I've had one recently where he was injured enough (I forget the threshold, 60%?  50%?) that he was taken off the depth chart by the computer and wouldn't let me put him back on (presumably until he was over that threshold).

I've also had it happen exactly once where a kid got hurt bad enough early enough in the season that he got a medical redshirt.  He played like 2 games, serious injury and got his 5th season.  No idea what level/team it was, but only time I've seen that.

But I've not looked in a day and gotten a fluke injury and played a kid at 80% and didn't really notice a difference.

anything above 90% I'm leaving him in the lineup where he is (really only concerns me if he's a starter .... can't ever remember a non-starter getting an injury for me)
2/11/2016 4:17 PM
Thanks he was injured down into the 50 something % just wanted to know when I could put him back in.
2/11/2016 11:11 PM
Did it give the medical redshirt right away. My guy got hurt in the first game and we are about to play the seventh and he's at 71% so I'm assuming he won't get one right.
2/11/2016 11:13 PM
Posted by cmac4567 on 2/11/2016 11:13:00 PM (view original):
Did it give the medical redshirt right away. My guy got hurt in the first game and we are about to play the seventh and he's at 71% so I'm assuming he won't get one right.
Yeah, if I recall (and it's been a long time) the game totally handled it.  I had no option to medically redshirt him, it just happened.

If I recall correctly.  which I'm 90% sure I am
2/12/2016 11:14 AM
Thanks guyo
2/12/2016 12:00 PM
I've had just one medical redshirt in my seasons in HD. The game automatically took care of it, but I didn't find out he got a medical redshirt until the end of that season (presumably because the engine has to determine if he meets the qualifications). There is no option for you to decide if you want to apply the medical redshirt, it just happens. He was a good player, too, so I was very pleased to see I'd have him back the next season.
2/13/2016 10:29 AM
When to put an injured player back in Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.