The Anatomy of a Letdown Topic

It's almost 3,000 words. Read on if you dare.

Link
2/12/2016 7:15 PM
That is a fantastic piece vhoward! I know championships are the end goals for everyone, however, you don't need one to validate yourself. You are a very intelligent coach; one of the smartest in GD. Your team will be back next season and eventually, I do think you will win that coveted championship. 

Thanks for all of the content that you've provided the Wilkinson world. A lot of what I do on the show is fluff but your information relates directly to the teams. 

Thanks for what you do vhoward and best of luck to you next season!

2/12/2016 8:54 PM
Great piece. Hit home with me as my Brockport DIII squad has come up empty handed in 4 of the last 5 NC games (the other being a F4 loss). I want to move up to another level, but my goal is to bring Brockport a NC. I'm thinking about giving up because it's just so frustrating to be so close and come up short time and time again. Any advice to get over the hump will be welcomed.

Bob
2/12/2016 10:31 PM
Fantastic, vulnerable and insightful.
2/13/2016 10:55 AM
Great read Vhoward. 
2/13/2016 2:35 PM

That was a great read, you were able to capture in words what most of us athletes and coaches have felt and experienced at some point in our lives. I printed a copy out and asked my wife to read it, she did so twice before coming to bed last night and then she talked about it and Gridiron Dynasty for at least another hour asking me all kinds of questions. She has a new respect for this game and she told me that she almost felt like she was experiencing it herself as she was reading. She is the sports nut in this house and I would say that you received her highest praises, and you certainly get mine, well done Vince!

P.S. I hope my wife doesn't get the idea that she needs to take a team, she is a vicious and vindictive competitor and I would be afraid that I might win if I had to play against her.

2/13/2016 7:07 PM
Powerful stuff, thanks.
2/14/2016 1:03 AM
Outstanding read Vince.  I felt like I was reading my own story from my time at Yost.  Having gone 3 for 12 in NC games over the last 18 seasons, I feel like I am ever the bridesmaid and never the bride at times.
2/14/2016 9:21 AM
Great stuff Vince! You definitely expressed the emotions that all of us have felt playing this game.
2/14/2016 9:24 AM
The Anatomy of a Letdown Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.