Minor Leagues: Reward Us or Abandom Them Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
First, you're never going to see monetary rewards for minor league achievements. That would just encourage owners who know they're not going to competitive at the ML level in a particular season to demote marginal ML players with options, or sign unsigned ML free agents and assign them to the lowest levels of the minors to try to achieve $$ credits while they are rebuilding at the ML level. That would be a very bad thing. And it WOULD very definitely happen.

Second, you can be successful and competitive in your minor leagues while letting the AI manage your teams, with only minimal manual oversight. It's just a matter of (a) having enough extra (i.e. inactive) players on your roster, (b) having the right managerial settings, and (c) not getting too "Type A" personality about individual player results. If you would like some tips, please feel free to contact me via sitemail.
2/20/2016 10:15 PM
Apparently you never read my sentence regarding the SIM. One more (and last) time: I have used the SIM when I go on vacation (as you have suggested) and it is worthless. Case closed. You will find more and more owners abandoning their minor leagues for all the reasons I stated.
2/20/2016 10:19 PM
Apparently, you missed my point. I use the SIM to manage my minors and generally have good success. If you are having a different experience, I'm happy to discuss this further via sitemail if you wish. Or you can just continue be be closed-minded and dismissive of an offer to help. Your choice.
2/20/2016 10:25 PM
bigthrowsie - 99% of players use the sim. You should mail tecwrg for advice.
2/20/2016 10:40 PM
If owners haven't abandoned their minors or use the SIM by their 2nd/3rd season, they're not going to do it because of your post. I use the sim for about 90% of my minors(4 worlds) and put 9-11 position players/14-16 pitchers at each level. SIMMY does just fine with periodic check in.
2/21/2016 7:38 AM
Minor Leagues: Reward Us or Abandom Them Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.