BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

4/29/2016 2:50 PM
BASEBALL ON TELEVISION

I would love to be able to watch baseball on tv with the real sound feed from the stadium only........ only the public announcer..... ..the crack of the bat.........the murmer........the buzz........the roar of the crowd........ make some hot dogs.......watch the game......and camera vantage points from various sections of the stands..
4/30/2016 4:26 PM (edited)
Posted by dino27 on 4/29/2016 9:53:00 AM (view original):
LOU BROCK
does he really belong in the hall of fame..his overall record says no imo.....only 2 seasons barely over 5m...bad fielder....he is obviously only there because of stolen bases.
Not a high OBP leadoff hitter, but the guy was an offensive force for many seasons at the top of that lineup. He drove pitchers nuts. Was a great postseason player. 3,000 hits.
4/30/2016 4:52 PM
I've never been convinced that guys who don't get on base all that often are really impacting the opposing pitcher all that much. But any aggressive baserunner certainly does split the attention.

It would be instructive to see the stats of Curt Flood, Bake McBride, Joe Torre, etc. in games when Brock did and did not play. The days when Brock didn't play might be too small of a sample, but it would still be interesting, at least...
4/30/2016 5:05 PM
Yeah, that or survey the opposing pitchers of the era...he was one of the best leadoff hitters pre-Rickey. Also hit .391 in 3 WS...
4/30/2016 5:49 PM (edited)
Here in the Sim a guy like Ashburn plays better as a leadoff hitter. That shouldn't diminish what a player did in RL.
4/30/2016 5:52 PM
It's a massive fallacy to say the pitchers are inherently right...
4/30/2016 10:02 PM
What the hell does that mean? Pitchers have no integrity, or are pathological liars? If you surveyed them, got a consensus, you would simply dismiss?
4/30/2016 11:31 PM
Brock had many 180 or more hit seasons, and stole 900 bases. How many guys did that? Ok, so he didn't walk a lot. Had several double digit HR seasons. Was always a threat to steal. Disruptive I would say...
4/30/2016 11:37 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 4/30/2016 11:32:00 PM (view original):
What the hell does that mean? Pitchers have no integrity, or are pathological liars? If you surveyed them, got a consensus, you would simply dismiss?
Why does it have to be any of these things? They could just have incorrect perceptions.
5/1/2016 12:04 AM
Posted by dino27 on 4/30/2016 4:26:00 PM (view original):
BASEBALL ON TELEVISION

I would love to be able to watch baseball on tv with the real sound feed from the stadium only........ only the public announcer..... ..the crack of the bat.........the murmer........the buzz........the roar of the crowd........ make some hot dogs.......watch the game......and camera vantage points from various sections of the stands..
You can do that with MLB.tv. One of the Audio options is Stadium Sounds only.
5/1/2016 12:08 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
I agree with you about Brock, dino, if I had a hof vote he would not be in. Raines was a better all around player IMO and he's not in. Lofton was a much much better fielder, he's not in.... to me the steals aren't enough.... those 70's Cardinals teams sucked. Brock was brilliant against my Tigers in '68; still not enough.
5/5/2016 8:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...18|19|20|21|22...312 Next ▸
BABA O REILLY - GOOD RIDDENCE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.