Johnson C Smith - A Revial Story Topic

A note to anyone reading: this is primarily a place for me to keep my musings of a homecoming of sorts. My alias scstorer has returned to coach Johnson C Smith after 43 season absence from the game.

I have been away from the site for some time and the Hardball Dynasty promotion brought me back. I've added a Gridiron team and was itching to get back in to Hoops Dynasty as well. I looked back at my home away from home of Johnson C Smith in Smith and saw the success I had created had fallen into disarray. With 10 scholarships open, I knew this was my chance to get back in and put JCS back in the spotlight.

scstorer coached at JCS from season 14 - 43 and had a 72% winning rate. 14 Conference Titles and 21 bids to the NT. Since scstorer's mysterious disappearance the team has only been to the NT once in 43 seasons. Back then we had a good rival with conference mate Bowie State coached by addunn99.

Has the game passed me by, or is there some life left in this old man and his old team? We will find out together as recruiting starts tonight.
2/22/2016 2:47 PM
A day into recruiting and I am still getting my feet under me trying to evaluate the talent of players. The FSS reports and potential are all new to me and I'm still trying to figure out how much to value this. I feel like the road ahead is long and there is still much work to be done. I'm looking forward to signings to get some players in the fold.

Exhibition games have been scheduled against other teams that will have a lot of incoming freshmen. First two slots for next season have been filled with similar teams. Want to start next season off right.
2/23/2016 4:42 PM
Recruiting is drawing to an end tonight and I have filled 9 of the 10 available scholarships. I've actually recruited a couple DIII transfers with 1 year to have a full practice squad and not be locked into scholarships next year. I think my overall take-away is that I settled a little too much and should have gone for a couple more pull downs. Lesson learned for next year I suppose. I'm excited to have my players report to campus and get the first exhibition game played.
2/26/2016 2:25 PM
Game 1 is a rousing start to the year. Not only did we beat the spread, but we also won the game outright. The young team had a huge celebration after the game so I can only hope they will be ready for a tougher game 2.
2/29/2016 5:25 PM
End of season update Season 86:

Final record of 7-20 overall with a conference record of 3-13.
RPI of 242 and SOS of 236
Freshman player of the Year James Flynn
There is definitely room for growth next year and I look forward to performing a little better
4/2/2016 4:34 PM
good read thanks
4/14/2016 1:34 AM
Season 87 is getting ready to begin. We've brought in three new recruits to help solidify the growing team. Still missing a second ball handler and that will have to be my top priority next season.
4/18/2016 1:01 PM
End of season update Season 87:

Final record of 19-9 overall with a conference record of 11-5.
RPI of 98 and SOS of 202
Last years Freshman of the year James Flynn follows up with a 2nd team conference selection along with teammate Robert Daniels
We earned a 7 seed in the PIT and look to make a splash with a win or two.
5/20/2016 1:14 PM
Johnson C Smith - A Revial Story Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.