2/26/16 world population data - ouch! Topic

Off topic but I love reading these forum posts. I don't post very much (I'm a disabled vet who can't get cleared to go back to work, two nights ago I was feeling like poo and took an extra painkiller or two which is why I posted so much) but you guys on here have to have some of the most coherent, well researched postings of all sites. I read a lot of different sports pages and it normally comes down to people acting like 10 year olds on the playground.

Here we have comments about 10-Q and K filings, FTC rules, using spreadsheets to try and reverse engineer the game... for a nerd like me, man this stuff is fascinating!
3/8/2016 2:37 AM
This game started dying when it was sold to Faux. It's become someone's pet project and little else. It's a shame really, because it has always had the potential to be a very popular game if they'd only cared enough about it to advertise that it exists.

But, in spite of the almost total lack of adverising, the game has maintained a core of people who play this game religiously. And WIS has pretty consistently ****** in their faces for a decade. With absolutley terrible CS, with completely random engine tinkering (both announced and unannounced), by fixing things that almost no one feels need fixed while at the same time completely ignoring GLARING problems that nearly every user complains about or has problems with (even if they don't post in in CC or the forums), by instigating an update that completely changed the face of the game.... in such a disasterously **** poor incomplete form that it took over a year to get it working in some semblance of correctness. Some would argue that it is still a disaster.

Honestly, the only update I can recall that was a success (because it didn't completely screw up the actual game) was the change from the original UI to the current UI. I have quit this game twice, mostly from just being tired of their bullshit. Now, having just signed up to start again, I see they are once again in the process of screwing the game up in the same manner they botched Potential. That will teach me to login and read the damn forums BEFORE I give these bastards anymore money, I guess.
3/21/2016 12:57 AM
Posted by taniajane on 3/7/2016 4:19:00 AM (view original):
I seriously doubt that Fox really cares about this miniscule game (as far their revenues go) to promote it. That said, Joe Buck is under a contract (ie: is paid by FOX already..He endorses other FOX programs on air and I seriously doubt as an Employee he has to be paid extra for any FOX advertising).

"And as to Joe Buck's time ... they can't just force him to advertise for them ... he'd not only need to be compensated but he'd probably have to agree to it as well. "
My guess on this issue would probably most closely reflect the very first sentence of that post. And the employees it acquired in the process most likely inherented many other technical issues rather than just WIS, so really every aspect suffers as a result. Considering the engine they built, I would suggest them advertising the site a system to help people who like to gamble on sports...as a way to at least get casual sports fans onto the site.
3/21/2016 2:25 AM
Posted by zorzii on 2/27/2016 5:12:00 PM (view original):
They need to get rid of two X1 worlds and shrink it. Make some sort of draft for teams in all DIII, DII, and DI. Merge IBA-SMITH, WOODEN-RUPP or something like that.
I like this idea. Zorzii for president!
5/17/2016 1:09 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 5/17/2016 1:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 2/27/2016 5:12:00 PM (view original):
They need to get rid of two X1 worlds and shrink it. Make some sort of draft for teams in all DIII, DII, and DI. Merge IBA-SMITH, WOODEN-RUPP or something like that.
I like this idea. Zorzii for president!
Sounds like a good way to get people to quit playing the game completely.
5/17/2016 3:03 PM
They advertised the game, gave away thousands of free games and almost completely filled up a world with new coaches.. The vast majority of them did not recruit and I doubt many of them will return.

(There are 264 coaches in Allen d3 right now)
5/17/2016 10:58 PM (edited)
Is there any update to these #'s. There are many Big 6 openings in Allen right now, I am concerned this game is nearing the back 9. I wonder what the valuation and profit margins look like now that coaches have been leaving in droves.
7/13/2016 12:31 PM
the update hasn't even hit yet, these are just people not even wanting to give it a shot or cutting down teams if they are planning on hitting, it will just get worse and worse.

So now this update not only will have to increase user retention to help world populations, but also make up all the coaches they lost originally but implementing the changes?

I know the saying take a stepback to move forward, but I think seble is taking it too literal
7/13/2016 12:35 PM
◂ Prev 1...8|9|10
2/26/16 world population data - ouch! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.