PLAYER EXCLUSIVE DRAFT LEAGUE #3--FULLt Topic

Draft a player and you own him exclusively. Every player that's played 20 or more real life games in the WIS data base is available.
There will be no player bans or rating restrictions. Example: Owner A wins the first pick in the draft and takes Wayne Gretzky. That owner can now choose any season of Gretzky. NO OTHER OWNER CAN DRAFT GRETZKY OR USE ANY SEASON OF GRETZKY after that. Wayne is OFF THE BOARD, and that means every season! This will be the same for all of the rest of the players in the draft.

We can use Random.org to set up a draft order, then do a serpentine draft. The cap will be unlimited so everyone has a chance to build a unique and competitive team.

We will fill a 23 man roster with the option of 2 goalies and 3 extra skaters, or 3 goalies and 2 extra skaters. The draft will be as follows: First eight rounds, each owner gets one pick per round. Rounds 9, 10 and 11--each owner will make TWO picks per round. Rounds 12, 13 and 14, each owner will make THREE picks per round. The first round of the draft will be "Off the clock" meaning there are no time slots and you just draft when it is your turn but cannot skip anyone. The rest of the draft will be "On the clock" with half hour increments from 10 am Eastern time to 9:30 pm ET. If an owner misses their half hour draft time slot, they may be skipped.

Proxy picks are encouraged. Proxy picks are when an owner knows they wont be available to pick when it will be their turn or they know they will miss their draft slot time. In that case, they may sitemail a list of players they would like to choose in order of preference, to at least three other league owners. One of those owners then posts the top pick on the proxy list for that absent owner. Once a pick is made it is final. No mulligans.

Trades on 8 votes to veto. No Clones, We WILL use Injuries, No WW, No Minor League players, No PI, No Suspensions.
No Ties Use Shootout, Strict Roster Requirements, Unlimited Cap.

LEAGUE CHAMPION:
Season one....darny10
Season two...highstyx5
4/30/2016 2:40 AM (edited)
Owner sign up list:

1 amerk1180
2 sholdigger2
3 smartian
4 highstyx5
5 the_skipper
6 jaledarrett
7 Poddy
8 kiteport
9 robroy
10 srairie
11 echm
12 BlueBladeAce
13 oc3lus
14 HughGRexion
15 taybaijor
16 jclechampion
17 edge2012
18 chuckinrlp
19 srairie
20 wininie
21 goodman_team
22 goombas12
23 tjeman
24 sionnach99

Sitemail list: sholdigger2; smartian; highstyx5; the_skipper; jaledarrett; Poddy; kiteport; robroy; srairie; echm; BlueBladeAce; oc3lus; HughGRexion; taybaijor; jclechampion; edge2012; chuckinrlp; srairie; wininie; goodman_team; goombas12; sionnach99; tjeman
4/26/2016 2:47 AM (edited)
In.
2/29/2016 11:43 AM
in
2/29/2016 11:56 AM
why do you keep starting these leagues? i want out! but i may be in for this. last go round?
2/29/2016 1:10 PM
I'll be back for another round.
2/29/2016 10:04 PM
I'm in
3/1/2016 3:01 AM
okay, first attempt was a lame one... give it another chance :)
3/2/2016 1:11 PM
Thats the spirit echm! Welcome back!
3/3/2016 3:49 AM
Whatever the website allows me to have. There was no choice for no injuries last time. I had to SM admin. If there is a choice for no suspensions, I will choose it. If not, then there will be suspensions too.
3/5/2016 3:12 AM
Actually blueBlade, the team with Gretzky missed the playoffs this current season and the team with Lemieux is the 2nd seed on one conference. I am pretty sure neither team with either of them won the 1st season.

There are so many good players out there, it's not all about those two really. Are you interested in joining season three and seeing what I mean?

Actually after reading your post, I don't think you get it. If you draft Gretzky or Lemieux, you get to choose ONE season from them, probably their best one. You don't get to clone them. And no one else can use either of them in any season.
3/6/2016 5:09 AM
Bump
3/15/2016 7:00 PM
Hey guys....who won the first season of this league???
3/15/2016 7:05 PM
Not me, but I will give it a shot in season 3.
3/15/2016 7:53 PM
I'M IN and will remove LostnFound74
3/16/2016 4:28 AM (edited)
1234 Next ▸
PLAYER EXCLUSIVE DRAFT LEAGUE #3--FULLt Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.