You CANNOT get fired at Big 6 D1 Topic

I've been looking at every Big 6 school to see the worst "offenders" of the job logic, so far I present these 3 as the worst I've seen so far, I nearly curled into the fetal position and cried.

Kentucky - Rupp

Georgia - Iba

Vanderbilt - Crum

There is not a single explanation in the world I'd believe for them not being fired.

I am 100% in belief nothing will get done, my last .001% of hope just died. WIS will not risk this easy revenue stream, it's easy than taking candy from a baby, WIS ruins what is the only good college basketball simulator, I hope they rot and burn, Fox can rot in hell. I hope one day their is competition and it bends Fox over.

Now this isn't an attack on those coaches, honestly if anything you D1 coaches please sitemail and post in their conference chat giving them help, don't offer it, just give it too them.

I have a giant list as well, but I didn't post it yet because I figured it wouldn't do anything, but make people hate me.
3/3/2016 11:56 AM
If WIS drew the line north of Georgia (from those examples), that'd be fine by me. There are a few winning seasons mixed in. Vandy's record should lead to a dismissal, but, based against baseline prestige, I'm not outraged. However, it is outrageous that one of the premier posts in this game, Kentucky, can ride on a NT first round out 5 seasons before! That's an A+ baseline school. There has got to be a little risk accepted when a coach takes a post with that much inherent advantage. If you go 4-23 the year after a 1st round exit, you should get another season (IRL...doubtful)..., but 3 losing seasons in a row! Even that user has to agree that he should be fired!

WIS just needs to give a one-season credit upon such a firing and make sure that the fired coach would still be eligible for some D1 jobs (depending on the record it could be D or D-). There's just so much opportunity cost associated with not firing a coach from that sort of post. No one that follows RL would think that they could suck it up so bad at Kentucky or UNC, etc. and not be shown the door.
3/3/2016 12:31 PM
It is shocking how long Kentucky has been bad
3/3/2016 1:01 PM
when i was new to d1, when i cared about the name on the program, i was doing very well, and the UK job had a coach with no post season for 6 seasons. i was eagerly awaiting season 7, which is when you can get fired. but he made the PIT, lost early. that "saved" him, i believe, for 3 more seasons. i got the job after that, but its like, in what sad universe does the coach of kentucky make 1 PIT in 9 seasons, and no NTs, and he still doesn't get fired?
3/3/2016 1:58 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/3/2016 1:58:00 PM (view original):
when i was new to d1, when i cared about the name on the program, i was doing very well, and the UK job had a coach with no post season for 6 seasons. i was eagerly awaiting season 7, which is when you can get fired. but he made the PIT, lost early. that "saved" him, i believe, for 3 more seasons. i got the job after that, but its like, in what sad universe does the coach of kentucky make 1 PIT in 9 seasons, and no NTs, and he still doesn't get fired?
Obviously, no where in real life could one have that record at Any SEC school and especially not Kentucky. What kinda amazes me is why anyone would remain in what obviously is a position where they are not succeeding, Can it really be fun to have a big 6 team and see no progress over many years? I dont get it.
3/3/2016 2:05 PM
Posted by gillispie1 on 3/3/2016 1:58:00 PM (view original):
That is a world I dream of living in.
3/3/2016 2:52 PM
I'd like to point out WIS deleted my ticket on this, and it's not the first time.... they clearly don't want to address this let alone fix it.
3/3/2016 5:26 PM

in what sad universe does the coach of kentucky make 1 PIT in 9 seasons, and no NTs, and he still doesn't get fired?

Tark
3/3/2016 5:29 PM
Posted by dacj501 on 3/3/2016 5:29:00 PM (view original):

in what sad universe does the coach of kentucky make 1 PIT in 9 seasons, and no NTs, and he still doesn't get fired?

Tark
thats worse than rupp kentucky lol
3/3/2016 5:35 PM
I agree - those are great examples. I'm tempted to fire myself in Iba, really struggling to get my Minnesota team going. I honestly think that for coaches who struggle at the Big 6 gigs - it would be a relief to get fired so they can regroup at a lower level D1 program, gain more experience, and then take a another shot at a low level Big 6 gig down the road with a higher probably of success. It's difficult to walk away from a losing Big 6 program...
3/3/2016 7:01 PM
Kentucky in world Rupp with an F as a homecourt advantage? Yeah... pretty sure alum would love an empty Rupp Arena.... lol. That is a joke.
3/3/2016 7:17 PM
I think we should not post any program nor name anybody. If job process was fixed, we would not talk about this. There would be opportunities, not destroyed big six sim teams available.
3/3/2016 7:18 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/3/2016 7:18:00 PM (view original):
I think we should not post any program nor name anybody. If job process was fixed, we would not talk about this. There would be opportunities, not destroyed big six sim teams available.
At some point we should, not a harassment yoy should quit, but hey we are here to help.
3/3/2016 7:22 PM
how about my Oklahoma St team?
3/4/2016 5:37 AM
Posted by yanks250125 on 3/4/2016 5:37:00 AM (view original):
how about my Oklahoma St team?
30 seasons since last NT bid, 42 since last time finished ranked...nice
3/4/2016 7:58 AM
123456 Next ▸
You CANNOT get fired at Big 6 D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.