You CANNOT get fired at Big 6 D1 Topic

Posted by noleaniml on 3/9/2016 2:07:00 PM (view original):
Obviously you are entirely too interested in being obtuse about this- so this is likely pointless, but UGA consistently going to the NIT with an occasional trip to the NCAA would keep a coach there for a long time. I'm not sure why you care anyway- you have said that you don't want that difficult of a challenge- so why does it matter?
That's probably true, although it'd also keep them on the permanent hotseat. I'd be fine with the current Georgia coach not being fired for his last ten seasons or so, although he should be on the verge of being fired if he goes a couple seasons in a row without a PIT (barring an NT run between now and then).

That said, he should've been fired after season 67. Not sure if that's what the OP was getting at, but it does make the point
3/9/2016 2:59 PM
this is why there is no need to "suspend" firings gomiami there isn't any and if you think there is 2-3 per season you are smoking some mighty fine meth, are there even 2-3 in a 10 year window lol?
7/20/2016 5:49 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/20/2016 5:49:00 PM (view original):
this is why there is no need to "suspend" firings gomiami there isn't any and if you think there is 2-3 per season you are smoking some mighty fine meth, are there even 2-3 in a 10 year window lol?
There were at least three documented firings in 2015 (Bowling Green, San Francisco and Tulsa.) Unless selbe suspended the process, 2016 could have similar final numbers although nobody is probably tracking it anymore. Not smoking anything, the firings were facts unless the thread that contains the firings were outright fabrications.

I conceded the point anyway, why persist? By the way, I said 2-3 per year, not per season. A year is a calendar year, ya know?
7/20/2016 7:10 PM
wow 3 jobs and none were big 6

2-3 per season/year it doesn't matter thats a minuscule amount

just felt showing this because im an *******
7/20/2016 8:38 PM
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/20/2016 8:38:00 PM (view original):

LOL, it's all good fun, bro.
7/20/2016 11:28 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 7/20/2016 11:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by the0nlyis on 7/20/2016 8:38:00 PM (view original):

LOL, it's all good fun, bro.
Check out Washington State in Iba. They had a guy there for 20 years that had almost all losing seasons, earned a little money by making the NT once or twice, and was deficient in all aspects of coaching. Won't give his name, of course, but just check. If he wasn't fired, there is no longer any firing in HD, unless it happens at schools with high baseline prestige. Been doing HD for maybe 7 years now, and firing seems to be a myth.
7/24/2016 4:46 PM
Posted by zorzii on 3/3/2016 7:18:00 PM (view original):
I think we should not post any program nor name anybody. If job process was fixed, we would not talk about this. There would be opportunities, not destroyed big six sim teams available.
Zorzii, I understand that you're not trying to have anyone be embarrassed on the forums but if you're discussing programs that need coaching changes don't you kind of HAVE to post the program and their records as an example or reference? Not necessarily the coach's name, although that would be extremely simple to determine anyway.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that IF, IF, IF HD ever gets their act together and makes firings part of the game, with some REAL teeth, then you can't just say, "Well, there's this one school coached by this one guy that's not very good". Of course, you could get a little more specific saying that they hadn't made the NT in X amount of seasons or something but if you're talking about removing someone from their position, I'd think that the more info available about the decision that's being made would be better, no?

7/24/2016 5:12 PM
I posted this somewhere else but this whole "should he be fired or not" is VERY simple to solve. You ready, try to keep up now this gets very complicated the farther this goes. Okay, here goes.

Each school should have minimum thresholds that have to be met to remain the coach at that school. Make them transparent to everyone as well, that way if you've got your eye on your dream school you'd know whether that coach was in danger of losing his job or not and could then plan your OWN moves accordingly.

For the big boys, the blue bloods, make it difficult/very difficult but still realistic. Someone mentioned one time that all the A+ baseline prestige schools should make the Sweet Sixteen EVERY season in this game or the coach should be fired. Unrealistic? You bet your *** it is. So what he's saying, literally, is that I'm at Duke and I run the table during the regular season and CT. I enter the NT at 29-0 and ranked #1 by a mile. I win my first round game to go to 30-0. In my second round game, I lose by a point on a halfcourt shot at the buzzer. Now according to this genius, because I didn't make the Sweet Sixteen I should be fired. See the obvious problem there?

There needs to be combinations of games won, NT bids, NT games won, maybe throw in a conference title or two, final rankings, stuff like that. The worse the starting baseline for the school, the longer the leash. It's not rocket science folks, just simple common sense. Now of course, the minimums required would have to be tweaked and would have to be reachable. I just mentioned a couple of examples earlier. But you do it like this: when job openings come around and coaches are looking to move, they check on an open school and their "agent" tells them right then and there what the requirements are, how long they have to meet said requirements, and a reminder right then and there that if they DON'T meet those standards that they'll be removed from that coaching position. You'd probably have to have the requirements change on a rolling yearly basis, but that wouldn't be difficult either, just subtract from the minimums for the season just completed. Easy. Again, make those minimums transparent so everyone knows whether a coach is safe or not and by doing that, you can probably estimate a year or two in advance if a plum job is going to be opening up.

Doing that takes away any "guesswork" about whether or not they'd be fired in real life, whether they should or shouldn't be fired in the game, and coaches that DID get fired would have ZERO excuse or reason for getting ****** off if they did get shitcanned. If a coach got fired, he and everyone else would know EXACTLY why he did, no controversy, no complaining, and no logjams waiting for elite jobs to open up for advancement. Part of your minimum standard was to win 80 games over a 4 year period, but you only won 79? Close, nice try, but you missed the minimum so you gotsta go! No confusion, no debating, no questions asked. You signed up for the job knowing well in advance what the requirements were, you failed to meet a part of those requirements, so you get the honor of looking for another place of employment. Goodbye and good luck with the rest of your coaching career. You don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

E.A.S.Y. S.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.

By the way, out of all the discussion about hirings/firings/promotions, etc., this one is BY FAR the best that's ever been put out there (as I pat myself on the back). For you coaches in the beta, tell Seble I'll consult with him and give him easy solutions to other HD problems if he'd like me to. For a small fee of course. Something like, free seasons for life, something cheap like that. Only halfway joking by the way. I've got all kinds of easy solutions for every small, medium, or large issue HD has. It's just that, no one has bothered to ask. All the admins have to do is stop acting like they know everything for a minute (it takes away from those of us that really do, ha ha) and...............ask.
7/24/2016 6:02 PM (edited)
Emy- do you want to do the Beta? Season 3 is finishing up so Season 4 will be starting in the next few days probably. You should join. The beta needs more veteran coaches of 200+ seasons.
7/24/2016 5:54 PM
I'm/It's probably too late at this point, don't ya think?
7/24/2016 5:56 PM
Posted by emy1013 on 7/24/2016 5:56:00 PM (view original):
I'm/It's probably too late at this point, don't ya think?
I don't think so. There are still some killer issues to figure out and its not yet ready. Still plenty of input you can offer.
7/24/2016 6:14 PM
Yeah, jump in Emy.
7/24/2016 6:25 PM
What do I have to do to get in?
7/24/2016 8:39 PM
Just get to test, and use HDBETA freebee I guess. Or just ask Seble, it's not started yet so I guess you can jump in for the forth season.
7/24/2016 9:26 PM
Posted by zorzii on 7/24/2016 9:26:00 PM (view original):
Just get to test, and use HDBETA freebee I guess. Or just ask Seble, it's not started yet so I guess you can jump in for the forth season.
You're losing me on the "Just get to test" part. Can you clarify a little?
7/24/2016 9:50 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
You CANNOT get fired at Big 6 D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.