CHEAP NDL (draft league) - under 55 million Topic

Here is a twist on the NDLs that Amerk has run. Below are proposed spending caps and draft rules. Once we get a critical mass of at least 10 owners, we can try to reach consensus on any edits the majority thinks best.

SPENDING CAP - $52 million. That’s right, your team will seem like it stinks. But so will everyone else’s. You want Manning/Brady/Rodgers, fine, but you might be hurting elsewhere. Who can draft a D that can stop mediocre offenses? How important is spending >$5Mil on an offensive line? Can you live with a RB who gets 3 yds/carry?

DRAFT RULES: SIX rounds. We’ll space out the draft ties so we only do 1 round per 1.5 days; total of 9 (fixed) days for the draft. Saturday AM thru following Sunday PM. The idea behind only 6 rounds is that end of drafts can get more boring, and much more prone to draft errors (“he was already taken”). Spacing it out will give everyone time to be ready, but you will still pick at the same times every third day.

DRAFT POSITIONS Rqd/Optional: Everyone takes a defense, a QB, and a RB. Other three rounds can be whatever you want; extra RB, WR, TE, special teams, offensive line. Positions can be taken in any order. If only 9 owners take O-lines, the others would be available to everyone.
Lots of new strategies may be used. Maybe there is a cheap D or QB or RB or special teams you like that wish to have exclusively. Maybe you want a high rating / low stam player. Maybe you’ll chance more limited DUR guys to win games when they are healthy.
If majority wishes to alter spending cap to lower (down to 48mil) or higher (up to55mil), we can do so. Or we I’ll take majority rules on slight alteration of draft options (diff # of rounds, diff mandatory positions).
Other standard NDL rules apply:
Each owner signs up here in the forum. Once we have 24 owners, I will randomly decide the draft order

Once the draft order is established, the draft will begin on the Sim League football "theme league" forum.

All draft picks will be EXCLUSIVE. That means that once you draft Aaron Rodgers, not one other team will be able to use ANY Aaron Rodgers season. Once an owner drafts a player, that player is his for the rest of the league, including non drafted position picks. Same goes for defenses. Once someone picks, say, the Chicago Bears, they can use any season of Bears defenses, and no one else can use ANY Bears defenses. Ditto for Special Teams and Offensive Lines from a franchise. Also, there are no clones. You may only use one season of your drafted players.

If an owner misses their draft time slot, they will be skipped, but can make their pick whenever they get online and notice that their turn has been skipped.

5/11/2016 10:20 AM (edited)
OWNER LIST
1 tomhanrahan
2 amerk1180
3 roadhouse19
4 tonyvoss
5 kaniac
7/6/2016 5:33 PM (edited)
I'll give it a shot tom!
3/8/2016 2:31 PM
In please
3/23/2016 2:50 PM
excellent; if we owned 8 teams each, we'd be ready to go! :)
3/24/2016 10:24 AM
It's gonna take a while to build interest tom. Between the regular NDL and the NDDL and now yours, it's gonna take some time.
3/26/2016 7:36 PM
in
3/27/2016 1:26 AM
I'll play.

I think I once had a low cost team called The Jones, with every position filled by a different Jones.
6/29/2016 5:02 PM
excellent!
7/6/2016 5:34 PM
CHEAP NDL (draft league) - under 55 million Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.