RL- Coaching Carousel Topic

I'm sure Gil could set you up with a dorm room in Detroit.
4/12/2016 10:50 AM
'The Most Confusing Hires in College Basketball'

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-most-confusing-hires-from-this-year-s-college-basketball-coaching-carousel-220610588-ncaab.html
4/12/2016 1:21 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 4/12/2016 1:21:00 PM (view original):
'The Most Confusing Hires in College Basketball'

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/the-most-confusing-hires-from-this-year-s-college-basketball-coaching-carousel-220610588-ncaab.html
Did that have Ecu in it? Hiring Jeff Lebo over Matt Doughtery? My mom keeps saying that it was because his wife family is from Williamston... I dated there daughter and his family was reside to Texas where he played pro basketball with the Spurs. I broke up with her because my money was more important than there money plus he took the job at Ecu and I wanted to exprerience more women older than me I haven't really experience any young ones yet don't plan on going down that road! I wanted Matt Doughtery to take the Ecu job he should've goten the job! I remember calling Matt and telling him about the job where Jeff Lebo should've went to and that was Smu where he got accepted but hasn't had the long tenured as Jeff Lebo has.
4/12/2016 1:41 PM
Here's some "candidates" for the prestigious NJIT job.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersbasketball/index.ssf/2016/04/candidates_for_the_njit_basketball_head_coaching_j.html#18
4/12/2016 1:58 PM
CBSSports.com, reports that Florida Gulf Coast head coach Joe Dooley is considering an offer to join Mark Gottfried’s staff at North Carolina State. He has gone 65-38 during his tenure, winning 21+ games in all three seasons. He is reportedly making a base salary $235,000 at FGCU – he would make more as an assistant at NC State.
4/12/2016 2:01 PM
On-campus interviews are beginning at Dartmouth. I I have heard that one of the coaches who will interview is George Mason assistant Dane Fischer
4/12/2016 2:20 PM
a little insight into the hiring of LaVall Jordan by UW-Milwaukee.

UWM hired a Professional Search Team to advise them on Rob Jeter's replacement. They strongly recommended that TJ Otzelberger, a Milwaukee native and up-and-coming assistant at Iowa State, be hired. Amanda Braun, the UWM AD also was high on Otzelberger and offered him the job. As Otzelberger and his family were driving from Ames to Milwaukee for the press conference to announce the hire, the UWM Chancellor offered the job to Jordan.

So as it stands now, Jordan has been on the job less than a week, only to find out that he wasn't really the first choice for the job. And it appears that there are some other "issues" in play here that complicate things further.
4/13/2016 2:51 PM
Posted by oldwarrior on 4/13/2016 2:51:00 PM (view original):

UWM hired a Professional Search Team to advise them on Rob Jeter's replacement. They strongly recommended that TJ Otzelberger, a Milwaukee native and up-and-coming assistant at Iowa State, be hired. Amanda Braun, the UWM AD also was high on Otzelberger and offered him the job. As Otzelberger and his family were driving from Ames to Milwaukee for the press conference to announce the hire, the UWM Chancellor offered the job to Jordan.

So as it stands now, Jordan has been on the job less than a week, only to find out that he wasn't really the first choice for the job. And it appears that there are some other "issues" in play here that complicate things further.
That reminds me of the N.C. State press conference a few years ago. If you haven't seen it you MUST watch it. The A.D. basicly said that Mark Gottfried wasn't the first, or second, or third choice.
4/13/2016 3:03 PM

According to a report by USA Today Memphis has had “significant contact with Texas Tech basketball coach Tubby Smith and could be targeting him to replace Josh Pastner.”

This past season, Smith led Texas Tech to a 19-13 record, and earned the Big 12 Coach of the Year and Sporting News National Coach of the Year

Also, according to USA Today, Smith has informed Texas Tech officials that he is involved in the Memphis process and it is believed he would take an offer if it is made.

4/13/2016 3:04 PM
Posted by alblack56 on 4/13/2016 3:03:00 PM (view original):

That reminds me of the N.C. State press conference a few years ago. If you haven't seen it you MUST watch it. The A.D. basicly said that Mark Gottfried wasn't the first, or second, or third choice.
I've talked to Debbie Yow in and interview when I was in highschool.. Very intelligent person rumor around Ecu or eastern Nc She was crazy. Let me tell you that is the exact opposite of how she talked she actually listen to everything I wanted to accomplish as a coach. She didn't complain at all about me declining the job. I basically wanted to leave a different legacy than CoachK and Roy Williams at a school and bring a school to the acc. I didn't want to be at the acc in the start of my career. I wanted to retire in a huge basketball market.
4/13/2016 4:08 PM
Posted by CoachWard95 on 4/13/2016 4:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by alblack56 on 4/13/2016 3:03:00 PM (view original):

I've talked to Debbie Yow in and interview when I was in highschool.. Very intelligent person rumor around Ecu or eastern Nc She was crazy. Let me tell you that is the exact opposite of how she talked she actually listen to everything I wanted to accomplish as a coach. She didn't complain at all about me declining the job. I basically wanted to leave a different legacy than CoachK and Roy Williams at a school and bring a school to the acc. I didn't want to be at the acc in the start of my career. I wanted to retire in a huge basketball market.
Wut?
4/13/2016 9:42 PM

Here are a few possible candidates for the Detroit job:

•Bacari Alexander is still under contract for the next couple of years at Michigan, but he’s the name that keeps coming up.

•Jermaine Jackson is the only holdover from the old regime. A former Titan and NBA player, Jackson has his hands on a number of players who could turn the program around.

•Lou Dawkins built a tremendous program at Saginaw High before venturing to Northern Illinois with former Michigan State guard Mark Montgomery. He has great ties to the state, including Detroit PSL and local AAU coaches. He has never had a head collegiate coaching job, but his knowledge of the game is unquestioned. He has helped turn around the Huskies in DeKalb. Coming home to Michigan wouldn’t be a problem.

•Gary Waters had built a tremendous program at Cleveland State and the Highland Park native would be a great addition. He attended Detroit Mackenzie and Ferris State. At CSU since 2006, he was Horizon League coach of the year in 2008, the league tournament champion in 2009 and regular-season champ in 2011. At Eastern Michigan, he was MAC regular-season champ in 2001 and league tournament champs in 1999 and 2001.

•Ernie Zeigler coached at Central Michigan and is a Detroit native. His record at CMU was 75-111 and he’s currently an assistant coach Mississippi State. He has been an assistant at Kansas State, Bowling Green, Pittsburgh and UCLA along with UDM from 2013-2015.

4/14/2016 8:56 AM

T.J. Otzelberger will be South Dakota State's next men's basketball coach, multiple sources have told the Argus Leader.

The 38-year-old Otzelberger, who has been serving his second stint as the top assistant at Iowa State, will be introduced at a Thursday press conference at 3 p.m.

Otzelberger has been on the Cyclones' coaching staff for seven years. He started out under former coach Greg McDermott in 2006, and was promoted to associate head coach under Fred Hoiberg in 2010. He left to serve as an assistant at Washington from 2013-15 before returning to Ames for the 2015-16 season.

Otzelberger was nearly tabbed to replace Hoiberg when he left last season. The Des Moines Regsiter reported yesterday that Otzelberger was nearly named Milwaukee's coach earlier this month, but was passed over for LaVall Jordan, an assistant of former Iowa coach Todd Lickliter.

Per the WTMJ report cited in the story, Otzelberger was the top choice of athletic director Amanda Braun, but she was overruled by university chancellor Mark Mone.

4/14/2016 8:59 AM
It's official. Tubby Smith is leaving Texas Tech for Memphis. He's won 557 games at Tulsa, Georgia, Kentucky, Minnesota and Texas Tech
4/14/2016 3:09 PM (edited)
After just 10 days, Chris Beard is leaving UNLV for Texas Tech. He was Tech assistant for several years. He'll have to pay UNLV $1 million dollars
4/16/2016 5:59 AM
◂ Prev 1...10|11|12|13|14|15 Next ▸
RL- Coaching Carousel Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.