Bryce Harper is right Topic

“If a guy pumps his fist at me on the mound, I’m going to go, ‘Yeah, you got me. Good for you. Hopefully I get you next time.’ That’s what makes the game fun. You want kids to play the game, right? What are kids playing these days? Football, basketball. Look at those players — Steph Curry, LeBron James. It’s exciting to see those players in those sports. Cam Newton — I love the way Cam goes about it. He smiles, he laughs. It’s that flair. The dramatic.”

http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/14935765/washington-nationals-bryce-harper-wants-change-baseball-forever
3/10/2016 1:02 PM
Its a clown statement. Players can't express themselves? Funny I remember Ray Knight crossing home plate to crowd of players jumping all over him in 1986. I remember Luis Gonzalez getting mobbed in 2001. I remember Jim Abbott pumping his stump in 1993 after a no-hitter.

The game began with men who - in almost all cases - were not paid very well and didn't have any great alternatives to a playing career. They got paid as long as they produced. And they were bounced when they could no longer do so. So it was skill, production, and pride that drove these guys, along with the ability to travel, get laid, and make some ok money. If someone showed them up on the field, that guy got punched, spiked, or beaned. We're talking about 170 years of history.

So if a guy wants to showboat after hitting a HR in the 7th inning while his team is down 7 runs, then he shouldn't complain if he gets pegged.

Cam Newton and the other guys aren't showboating unless they are up or they are in the lead. If a player makes a play that is a difference maker, I don't see any retaliation.

So if Bryce wants to stand up for some of the real idiots in baseball that celebrate when it makes no sense to do so, then so be it.

3/10/2016 1:27 PM
I'd rather see a nice play than an elaborate dance. If I want to see dancing, I'll look at the hot women in short skirts on the sideline. But that's just me.
3/10/2016 2:02 PM
Harper should just go back to trying not to get choked by teammates.
3/10/2016 2:03 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Agree to disagree but I like when people showboat, and I like seeing people get hit. I'd still showboat even if I was getting hit. But then again. I'm a professional bowler, and people don't exactly mob you after a strike
3/10/2016 2:30 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 3/10/2016 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Harper should just go back to trying not to get choked by teammates.
Or maybe Paps should quit being such a sensitive ***** and stop doing **** that hurts the team?
3/10/2016 2:31 PM
I'll assume BL is referring to the ESPN article that came out today.

Harper's a classless arrogant punk. I evaluate his opinions within that context. STFU Bryce.
3/10/2016 2:41 PM
3/10/2016 2:43 PM
That's tec and Mrs.tec just getting back from church.
3/10/2016 2:44 PM
And turn down that Dadgum hippy music.
3/10/2016 2:51 PM
3/10/2016 3:11 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 3/10/2016 2:41:00 PM (view original):
I'll assume BL is referring to the ESPN article that came out today.

Harper's a classless arrogant punk. I evaluate his opinions within that context. STFU Bryce.
You're exactly who he was talking about. Old white dude who thinks it's "classless" to celebrate a home run.
3/10/2016 4:13 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Mr. Papelbon, what do you think?

3/10/2016 4:34 PM
1|2|3...7 Next ▸
Bryce Harper is right Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.