Bryce Harper is right Topic

And it's funny that you say "I'm not going to around and around on this" when that's exactly what the **** you're doing.

If you had any self awareness, you'd be able to see that.
5/13/2016 2:16 PM
He doesn't. Proven fact.
5/13/2016 2:19 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2016 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 5/13/2016 2:09:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 5/13/2016 2:00:00 PM (view original):
Agreeing that two things have a strong correlation does not necessarily mean that they are the same thing.

Stats = skill?
I'm not going to go around and around on this.

You're implying that the best hitter was someone other than the hitter with the best stats. So who was the best hitter in 2015?
I'm not implying anything.

I'm asking you to explain why you believe stats = skill.
You're asking me to explain why I think the major league player with the best stats was the best?
5/13/2016 2:23 PM
Yes. Please use small words so that I can follow along. Pictures/drawings would be helpful.
5/13/2016 2:23 PM
Bryce Harper hit .330/.460/.649 over 654 PA. He was the best hitter in 2015.
5/13/2016 2:27 PM
That's not an explanation.

BL: "Fruits are an important part of a healthy and balanced diet"

Me: "Why do you say that?"

BL "I ate an apple yesterday"
5/13/2016 2:42 PM
You aren't even trying to make an argument. I'm done unless you're willing to tell me who you think was the best hitter in 2015 and why.
5/13/2016 2:45 PM
My opinion on who the best hitter in 2015 was is irrelevant.

Look, you made a stupid statement yesterday. I just want you to explain it.

To refresh your memory, here it is:

5/12/2016 11:38 PM

Best hitter IS the most productive. Why is a .400 OBP better than a .350 OBP? Because it helps the team score produce more runs. There is no separating productivity from skill.

Apparently, you can't explain that statement. Or are unwilling.

5/13/2016 3:00 PM
I don't see what's so hard to understand about that statement.

If you are the best hitter in baseball, you're the most productive. If you aren't the most productive, you aren't the best.

We could argue about how to define "most productive," my way might be different than yours. But whoever the most productive is, is the best.

In my opinion, Harper was the most productive hitter in 2015. We know that power and on-base skills create the most runs for the team. Harper's power and on-base skills were well beyond those of any other qualified player, making him the most productive. Which makes him the best hitter in 2015.
5/13/2016 3:09 PM
Typical Friday for BL. Argue in circles all day.

HAPPY FRIDAY, BADLUCK!!!!
5/13/2016 4:08 PM
Sunday's game which was on MLB he did 2 little things, when he scored from first on Bryant's error and he cut off a hit that might have been double with other outfielders, of course his actions the other night ruined the love.
5/13/2016 4:51 PM
ESPN Radio host calls Bryce Harper a selfish player and a jerk

Hmmm. Well, not sure why Danny Kanell knows that Harper is not a good teammate. That said, he played for years in a major College Football program and 6 years or so in the NFL. And I guess his dad was the Yankees doctor for 20 years?

Not that I would be SHOCKED that Harper was hated in the clubhouse...
5/17/2016 7:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
Bryce Harper is right Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.