Important Useful tools for HD Topic

Anything useful or interesting? Here's some of mine and some I've gotten from other coaches:

Google Drive:
Save your own copy so you can edit, these are mine so they are given read only so you don't mess mine up
  • Individual Player stats
    • Just copy and past from the bottom part of the stats team profile.
    • Just save your own copy and then you can edit it
    • Post into the top and then copy into the bottom so you can sort
  • Advanced Team and Player Stats Full version
    • Copy form your game log and then opponent game log as well as the same individual stats from the one above
    • You might have to edit because the number of games you play affects the calculations which can be tricky otherwise you get a bunch of errors.
  • Juco IQ database incomplete
    • haven't gotten around to finishing it even though its probably one of the more useful things
    • If you want to work on it, send me a sitemail I'll give you edit access
  • Distrobution Chart
    • Allows you to see distribution based between your starting lineup and bench players
  • HD Pulldown Advice

Excel
4/7/2016 10:45 PM (edited)
only - thanks for posting, I guess can someone explain what the PPWS means in the individual play stats spreadsheet? Ultimately, what am I to learn from looking at this information? If I have someone with a true shooting percentage of 68% should that person be getting the ball more?
4/8/2016 9:46 AM
Posted by gvsujulius on 4/8/2016 9:46:00 AM (view original):
only - thanks for posting, I guess can someone explain what the PPWS means in the individual play stats spreadsheet? Ultimately, what am I to learn from looking at this information? If I have someone with a true shooting percentage of 68% should that person be getting the ball more?
Yes, in general, you should have the people with the highest TS% shooting the most. I also really like to look at effective FG% since this takes into account the value of a 3 pointer vs a 2 pointer. So you could have a guy shooting 40% from the field but his eFG% could be like 55%.

Also, take a look at the Offensive Player Rating (ORating) and Player Efficiency Rating (PER) on the 2nd sheet. This includes basically everything like turnovers, rebounds and assists. Should give you a better idea of how 'effective' a player is. If you got a guy with an ORating under 100, stop giving him the ball and if he isn't a stud on defense, consider not even playing him much.
4/8/2016 12:24 PM
Posted by gvsujulius on 4/8/2016 9:46:00 AM (view original):
Not my sheet, but (FGA+.44*FTA) is used for calculating possessions (although most people use that for the NBA and use (FGA+. 475*FTA) for college.

True Shooting Percentage is explained here (and points per possession)

http://www.wasatchacademyhoops.com/advanced-stats-explained/
4/8/2016 12:31 PM (edited)
Right hughes, I used .475*FTA on my sheet so you might see differences between the two. I got most of the formulas from Kenpom. Here's another article that explains some of the stats

http://kenpom.com/blog/index.php/weblog/entry/help_with_team_page/
4/8/2016 1:10 PM
I love this sort of stuff. I might take what you did, and add in a comparison sheet for the next opponent. See who will probably get more possessions and with scoring efficiency I should be able to get a probable score. If ahead, jack up your tempo. If behind, slow it down.

It potentially can get very deep. If they hurt you on the glass, maybe play the better rebounder at PF/SF if there is backup for it. Change your +/- levels, swap guards to keep from turnovers.

God I love math.
4/9/2016 12:50 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on this modified PER Rating, and its application in evaluating HD players? I've been tracking it for a while now, and not sure what to think. It seems to overvalue the high volume, lower efficiency players.
4/9/2016 6:16 PM
since we're all showing our cards...

the formulae I've been sitting on for a while now is (Only-dacj*colonels+Ars) / billyg's opponent FT%
4/9/2016 7:57 PM
Alright, I just play the and learn as I go and I enjoy that.

This is intense haha.
4/9/2016 8:39 PM
Posted by nachopuzzle on 4/9/2016 7:57:00 PM (view original):

the formulae I've been sitting on for a while now is (Only-dacj*colonels+Ars) / billyg's opponent FT%
im glad to be in the equation.
4/9/2016 9:17 PM
Posted by clouseb on 4/9/2016 6:16:00 PM (view original):
Does anyone have an opinion on this modified PER Rating, and its application in evaluating HD players? I've been tracking it for a while now, and not sure what to think. It seems to overvalue the high volume, lower efficiency players.
It is in my spreadsheet.. I do use it as one factor in my recommended distribution. I don't really like or dislike it.. It is one data point.
4/9/2016 10:17 PM
wow ive never seen that juco iq database. thats solid information. Thanks!
4/10/2016 12:04 AM
Posted by muskies85 on 4/10/2016 12:04:00 AM (view original):
wow ive never seen that juco iq database. thats solid information. Thanks!
some people have full ones, but they dont share since its a lot of work, ill get around to finishing it one day.
4/10/2016 12:31 AM
Posted by the0nlyis on 4/9/2016 9:17:00 PM (view original):
Posted by nachopuzzle on 4/9/2016 7:57:00 PM (view original):

im glad to be in the equation.
...yeah, the only dilemma really I had was between billyg and trentonjoe...but since billyg has always been a cocky **** and TJ just turned into one because he won a NC or two.

The real lesson I've learned from this is that I'd make a great figure skating judge...style, performance, consistency, and dare I say originality...in their aethetic forms, are things that i could sit in jugment of (at least competently, in my humble opinion, haha, but seriously though), probably.
4/10/2016 3:58 AM
I include the cube root of Nachopuzzle.
4/10/2016 8:37 AM
1234 Next ▸
Important Useful tools for HD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.