What are your basic ones and what are the ones that are rare to get?
4/15/2016 12:35 PM
Sky is the limit potential is the rare one you really want to get
4/15/2016 1:37 PM
Scouting Report Messages:

Great potential (Rare - jump on these if you get one)
1. Sky's the limit (in the AC scouting rreport)
2. Incredible upside potential (in the AC scouting rreport)
3. A truly gifted athlete (in the HC scouting report)

Good potential (Try to sign as many of these as you can)
1. Above average potential (in the HC scouting report)
2. He's got the potential to improve his game a lot over 4 years with us. (in the AC scouting report)
3. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I have an amazing upside to my game. (message from recruit)
4. Upside is my middle name (message from recruit)
5. "improve a lot" (from AC scouting report)
6. "room to grow".
7. "With a little work, he could be a very good player" (from HC scouting report)
8. "Good potential for improvement" (from the HC scouting report)
9. "He's not the most gifted athlete . . . but not bad at all." (from the HC scouting report).

Average potential: (Most Common)
1. Looks like he has a hard time making adjustments. (from the HC scouting report)
2. He's made good strides towards reaching his potential over the past couple years. (from the HC scouting report)
3. I think his growth potential is pretty average - nothing special. (from the AC scouting report)
4. My motor never stops running (message from recruit)
5. I give 110% out there (message from recruit)
6. I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that I've worked really hard and lived up to my potential. (message from recruit) - This should actually be low potential.
7. "Some room for improvement, but not much." (from HC scouting report)
8. "Probably won't see huge improvements." (from HC scouting report)
9. "He seems slow to pick things up in practice." (from HC scouting report)

Low potential
1. "he's worked really hard in high school and has about reached his potential (from AC scouting report)
2. "tapped out" (from AC or HC scouting report, I forget which -- it's been a while since I've seen this message).
4/15/2016 1:49 PM (edited)
BJ, they should Pin this to the top of the GD Forum.
4/15/2016 3:24 PM
So what message do you get from the 'STL' player himself then. If you scout him twice (deliberately or in error) then you normally get a message from the player himself but there are seemingly no response that keeps him as a STL?
4/15/2016 3:42 PM
Good question, polarsi. From this list, there is no STL message from the player himself.
4/15/2016 3:43 PM
Every so often I bump into an STL.. going to have to test this out the next time that happens.
4/15/2016 4:42 PM
I'm a bit of a donkey. Just landed a STL but was so paranoid about losing/defending him, I forgot to check the theory! Maybe next time or can anyone else answer now, without giving away the fact that you've got one?
4/20/2016 2:18 AM
So hit a guy with 3 scouts.. 2 ac and 1 hc and got all 3 of the messages listed. I'll try 1 more on this next cycle and see what happens if anything.
4/28/2016 3:33 PM
Posted by genuvar on 4/28/2016 3:33:00 PM (view original):
So hit a guy with 3 scouts.. 2 ac and 1 hc and got all 3 of the messages listed. I'll try 1 more on this next cycle and see what happens if anything.
Is the player green for you? That's what we really want to find out; if the player is green, then the scout trip will come back with a message from the player.
4/28/2016 5:28 PM
Upside is my middle name is the message you will get from the player. Looks like that one was categorized wrong before.
4/28/2016 6:52 PM
Hmmm, interesting. That opens up a lot more questions. I've gotten that message from players several times, and I'm pretty sure they were not all STL.
4/28/2016 7:04 PM
Coach,

I just got back from my trip to see W. Overall, I'd say that he is a solid D-IAA guy. Here's a quick overview of what I saw:

All I can say is, incredible upside potential.
I can't say much about his willingness to keep working hard, Coach. It's just not all there.
Good coverage linebacker.
When he makes a hit on somebody, they go down.
He's good at working through traffic.

Phillip Strong
Head Assistant Coach

Coach,

Your notes were kind of sparse on your scouting trip for W. Looking at what I have here, I'd say that he is a good D-IAA prospect. You kind of glossed over the particulars about his skills, but it shouldn't be a problem. We have all his numbers.
You did take a good hard look at the intangibles that he brings with him:

A truly gifted athlete.
He seems content with where his skills are.
Recognition for his play means a lot to this kid
Jealousy is not an issue with him.
Doesn't seem to be into the party scene very much
Emotional player -- a little bad tempered
He'll put the team before himself most of the time.
Very disciplined with his training

Phillip Strong
Head Assistant Coach

Coach,

I just got back from my trip to see W. Overall, I'd say that he is a solid D-IAA guy. Here's a quick overview of what I saw:

The sky is the limit for him as far as his potential goes.
I can't say much about his willingness to keep working hard, Coach. It's just not all there.
Good coverage linebacker.
Hard hitter. Good tackler.
Very difficult to block.

Phillip Strong
Head Assistant Coach

I was excited to see someone from * taking in my last game. When are you going to come see me, coach? I'm sure that your guys took some good notes about my game, and recognized that upside is my middle name.

In case your guy missed it, here's a quick rundown....
I have a good nose for the ball and the speed to get me to the right place at the right time. Getting off of blocks and getting to the ball carrier is what it's all about. I fill gaps with authority. When I hit somebody, they go down. No question. Mechanics, fundamentals, technique, whatever....I got it.

W
4/28/2016 7:36 PM
Posted by genuvar on 4/28/2016 6:52:00 PM (view original):
Upside is my middle name is the message you will get from the player. Looks like that one was categorized wrong before.
Pretty sure this is above avg potential.
4/28/2016 7:38 PM
I wouldnt over-analyze it. Messages from the recruits I think are less specific so you can probably get that particular message from someone who is an STL or good potential, and if you really are concerned you can always hit them with an HC scout. I generally recruit anyone with those messages the same way.
4/28/2016 7:38 PM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.