DEAL 2 COMMENTARY/DISCUSSION THREAD Topic

OK guys, here is a thread for comments, or discussion, or avaluations. Have at it!

DO NOT BRING UP ANY PLAYERS NAMES WHO HAVE NOT YET BEEN DRAFTED!!!
4/21/2016 2:38 AM (edited)
Babe Ruth slipped to #3??? What the heck is going on?
4/20/2016 1:49 AM
Ahhh, the run on pitchers. Didn't expect any of those guys to be there at 21. The sim loves Joss. I think he's right up there with Walsh. Now I'm starting to speculate who could be there 12 picks later. I'm not obsessed. Lol.
4/20/2016 9:24 AM
Geesh this is new for me, I really wanted Mantle, but I figured the big arms were going for a reason, took Mathewson over Joss even tho I hear how much the Sim loves Addie: I've always admired him, knew he would be a great teammate. Now pick 2? Insure great staff or get some runs? Advice is welcome, enjoy!
4/20/2016 10:46 AM
Posted by Got_Worms on 4/20/2016 1:49:00 AM (view original):
Babe Ruth slipped to #3??? What the heck is going on?
I just decided that 700 plus innings of a deadballer were more helpful in this league than the Babe. I debated long and hard when he wasn't picked first, believe me...
4/20/2016 12:32 PM
Depends on the pitchers you're getting early. If you draft Silver King, you're good to draft bats for several rounds. Addie didn't have as many innings so if there's another arm you can't pass up on...

If we were like any pro team that drafts someone and then uses the excuse that they don't draft based on needs but rather, best available player at the time, but we don't get that luxury. Building from scratch and you need what you need
4/20/2016 12:33 PM
And I've read so much about Mathewson. He and Ripken are my favorite players.
4/20/2016 12:34 PM
Thank you for picking Pedro. I didn't want that option hanging there at my pick. I can keep my War Room at Shibe Park calm.
4/20/2016 7:20 PM
Posted by elmerk on 4/20/2016 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Geesh this is new for me, I really wanted Mantle, but I figured the big arms were going for a reason, took Mathewson over Joss even tho I hear how much the Sim loves Addie: I've always admired him, knew he would be a great teammate. Now pick 2? Insure great staff or get some runs? Advice is welcome, enjoy!
I think that was a great pick! I honestly would have taken Christy by a hair over Joss if both were available....mainly due to the fact that Mathewson put up slightly better numbers in season one of this league, but that coulda just been ballpark effect.

By the way, especially you newbies....do NOT bring up any players who have not yet been drafted! Kind of a cardinal rule of these discussion threads.
4/21/2016 2:36 AM
Posted by amerk1180 on 4/21/2016 2:36:00 AM (view original):
Posted by elmerk on 4/20/2016 10:46:00 AM (view original):
I think that was a great pick! I honestly would have taken Christy by a hair over Joss if both were available....mainly due to the fact that Mathewson put up slightly better numbers in season one of this league, but that coulda just been ballpark effect.

By the way, especially you newbies....do NOT bring up any players who have not yet been drafted! Kind of a cardinal rule of these discussion threads.
Ya Joss played at Jarry Park (1.07) and Mathewson played at Target Field (.96). But Mathewson has more innings so Marhewson.

On a different note, season 1 of DEAL was the first time ever for me in Whatif, that my home and away record was identical. 39-42
4/21/2016 3:22 AM
My dilemma is which year for Christy, innings or quality? I am open to insights, you are invited to whale watching on Maui...sorry mermaids on Oahu :)
4/21/2016 12:30 PM
Joss is higher quality so if you picked Christy over Joss it makes sense to use him for what Joss doesn't have an advantage in - IP
4/21/2016 1:04 PM
Just how different this draft is from the last is already surprising me. I expected the first round to be around the same
4/21/2016 3:36 PM
I see Williams went #4 last draft... feels like I stole him at #24. Also Bonds slipping to #14 surprised me.
4/22/2016 2:00 AM
I went with Koufax & Gibson. Please try and present an argument against that combo???
4/22/2016 2:20 AM
12345 Next ▸
DEAL 2 COMMENTARY/DISCUSSION THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.