DEAL 2 COMMENTARY/DISCUSSION THREAD Topic

Joltin' Joe, Stan the Man, and Teddy Ballgame. What an Outfield!!!
Love the picks of Ted Williams and Stan Musial especially at the spots they were taken at but I question the third pick of Joe DiMaggio. OF is such a deep position and getting 2 of the best there is there is great but, why a 3rd one, why not go for a SP or SS there? Anyways, might need to trade for one of ur OF
4/25/2016 1:47 AM
Well, the next two shortstops taken were Appling and Cronin. Would you rather have either of them over Dimaggio? I still needed a center fielder as much as any other position and I think Dimaggio was the best option left there. It was either him or Mays and Joe's '39 season seemed to have any of Willie's beat for rate stats.
4/25/2016 2:18 AM

Dealing With Adversity - Shibe Park

C Buster Posey
1B Johnny Mize
2B Jackie Robinson
SS Lou Boudreau
3B Al Rosen
OF Heinie Manush
OF Ken Griffey Jr.
OF Earle Combs
DH Lefty O'Doul

Bench
C Johnny Blanchard
IF Kazuo Matsui
IF Justin Turner
OF Dan Gladden
OF Dwayne Hosey

Rotation
RHP Tim Keefe
LHP Rube Waddell
RHP Cy Morgan
RHP Howie Camnitz

Bullpen
RHP Rollie Fingers
RHP Ted Abernathy
LHP Howie Pollet
RHP Bobby Bolin
RHP Moe Drabowsky
LHP Damaso Martè
LHP Neal Cotts

5/8/2016 9:11 AM (edited)
The draft is moving indeed!

My team is shaping up nicely. Although I lost out on Albert Pujols last round Willie McCovey & Hank Greenberg were nice consolation prizes!

Bryce Harper might hit leadoff on this team.

C - Chris Hoiles
1B - Willie McCovey
2B - Bret Boone
3B - Mike Schmidt
SS - Barry Larkin
OF - Bryce Harper
OF - Hank Aaron
OF - George Foster
DH - Hank Greenberg
BENCH - Shane Spencer
BENCH - Terry Shumpert
BENCH - Todd Hollandsworth

SP - Sandy Koufax
SP - Bob Gibson
SP - Jack Pfiester
SP - Catfish Hunter
RP - Dave Smith
RP - Zane Smith
RP - Todd Frohwirth
RP - Doug Henry
RP - Cal Eldred
RP - Rob Dibble
5/7/2016 7:05 PM (edited)
I like having Koufax & Gibson as your 1 & 2 starters Worms. What's your home park?
4/26/2016 3:21 PM
My squad thus far. Home field is Citi Field, (the Mets current home)

C-
1B- George Sisler
2B-
3B-
SS-
OF-Ducky Medwick
OF-
OF-Tony Gwynn
DH-

SP1-Pedro Martinez
SP2-Jake Arrieta
SP3-Kevin Brown
SP4-
SP5-

I plan on using Gwynn and his .394 Batting Average from 1994 in the leadoff spot.

I like how my team is shaping up so far. But I liked my last team too and it only won 65 games.
4/26/2016 4:42 PM (edited)
Missed out on Roger Connor by two picks, after missing out on Tris Speaker by one pick earlier in the draft. Hopefully this trend does not continue
4/26/2016 4:37 PM
C - Cap Anson
1B- Roger Connor
2B- Cupid Childs
3B- Jose Bautista
SS- Arky Vaughan
OF- Barry Bonds
OF-
OF-
DH-
SP- Hank Gastrighf
SP- Amos Rusie
RP- Keith Foulke
SP-

Looking to build a juggernaut offense with some super sleeper pitchers in there. Might have drafted a few guys a round early, but they're the guys I want. Hopefully there aren't other people eyeing the pitchers I want

Update- putting the juggernaut offense on hold because there's still like 4 guys at each offensive position left I want, might as well get some pitching.
4/29/2016 12:43 PM (edited)
It'll be interesting to see what players are taken that weren't selected last time, and how early in the draft that it starts happening
4/26/2016 7:54 PM
Posted by roadhouse19 on 4/26/2016 3:21:00 PM (view original):
I like having Koufax & Gibson as your 1 & 2 starters Worms. What's your home park?
Miller Park which bodes well for my hitters!
4/26/2016 8:52 PM
So what happened to Mark McGwire last season? I saw his stat line was highlighted in yellow as if he were traded or put on waivers but that isn't allowed in this league is it?
4/27/2016 10:59 PM
Posted by mac195 on 4/27/2016 10:59:00 PM (view original):
So what happened to Mark McGwire last season? I saw his stat line was highlighted in yellow as if he were traded or put on waivers but that isn't allowed in this league is it?
Trading was allowed last season - banned for this go round. Big Mac was a hot pile of garbage; if memory serves he ended up in a "challenge" trade.
4/28/2016 2:08 AM
Posted by kyleb63 on 4/28/2016 2:08:00 AM (view original):
Trading was allowed last season - banned for this go round. Big Mac was a hot pile of garbage; if memory serves he ended up in a "challenge" trade.
Thanks. I'm hoping last season was just a fluke for McGwire.
4/28/2016 2:41 AM
Posted by mac195 on 4/28/2016 2:41:00 AM (view original):
Posted by kyleb63 on 4/28/2016 2:08:00 AM (view original):
Thanks. I'm hoping last season was just a fluke for McGwire.
Certainly seems like the right time in the draft to have rolled the dice. Good luck!
4/28/2016 12:52 PM
Since I've got a little time to kill before my flight, I'll go unfiltered for a bit and make some way-too-early predictions for playoff teams. I wonder if any of these will end up being right... (probably not).

NL East - Very tough one right off the bat. slainte has out drafted me before, so I'm inclined to give him the edge
NL Central - Another tight one. Could go either way between jbar8888 and SouthHeat. I'll give it to jbar8888 since he's defending champ
NL West - I'm definitely bias, but the draft has gone pretty well for me and I'm confident my strategy will work well.
Wildcard - Lots to choose from here. Despite being late on a lot of these early picks, I really like what duece_duece has going and think it'll be him

AL East - I like what asufan04 is doing with his squad. Good mix of hitting and pitching so far
AL Central - If Morris and Welch hold up, which I think they will, my money's on bottomlee
AL West - Tough to bet against a quality owner like ej, but I like Rattlers team a bit more so far
Wildcard - If ejstockman can get the most out of Reb Russell (harder to do than for King, surprisingly), he's got this
4/28/2016 2:50 PM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸
DEAL 2 COMMENTARY/DISCUSSION THREAD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.